Thunderstruck Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Apr 28, 2016.

1. Urdrlaev

Urdrlaev Powder Monkey

Lynsey you know, it would be nice if storms begin the day before the event, so we can get comfortable with attacking. Any opinion?

lady blackbeard likes this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep!

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  3. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

As long as the storm sticks to the defender and doesn't travel with the attacker, it shouldn't matter too much (unless you're recruiting attacking troops specifically for storms, in which case it could mean more fishing for the right island to attack).

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Storms will happen at the same time for everybody, so when the storm is active, all islands will be stormy!

lady blackbeard likes this.
  5. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Ok so it shouldn't affect me too much, I should be able to tweak it so it makes little difference, I can see nearly everyone using SR during this time.

7. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Thanks for the answer! :D
    SR? o_O

8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

OMG OMG Lynsey HOW DARE YOU!!! I want to BUY those outfits:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

SR = Sky Raiders

10. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] what about the outfits is it random or we all get the same for all players

If it's random it will be not fair ,with the same effort because the outfits won't appear on the Trade Ship.

Especially that after more than a year, we get only garbage because of the random system

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    850arrr and Juggernaut like this.
  11. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

I was hoping for a good outfit on last event too but only got bloody gold exactly because of the random system, wich is the same reason I don't buy chests anymore

850arrr likes this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

will the mortar bounce back toss the pirates into the water making them have to swim to get back to land....if so, mix that with the new longer range canon fire and there's going to be a lot of floating bones.

13. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] any Comments

14. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Yeah, I'm seeing it now. Launch those gliding trolls into oblivion and beyound. :D

I'm really looking forward to this event and watching everyone's replays. We should all have some fun filled stories to share. :)

TiGeR

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

There is a Dapper Closet that guarantees one new voodoo outfit, selected at random.

Everyone has an equal chance at getting each voodoo outfit out of the chest. That is fair. You may get one for an LP you don't like this time, and others may get one you'd rather have, but over many events, you will have all of them, as will they. Sometimes you get a better one, sometimes you get a worse one. Do you complain when playing poker that you didn't draw the same exact cards as every other player?

If everyone got the same outfit, then no one would get to enjoy the time they put into designing the rest of them until after running many events - letting it select at random lets players have something more unique for the time being, and ensures that all the outfits will be able to be enjoyed right away.

ElFrenetico likes this.
  16. Lynsey [Midoki]

The Rumpled Closet is available at a lower points milestone, and contains all of the non-seasonal outfits contained in the game, including the new Voodoo Outfits. The outfit rewarded is selected at random, but weighted according to the rarity of the outfits.

The final reward, the Dapper Closet, will contain a guaranteed new Voodoo Outfit. The outfit you'll get will be random.

If you get a duplicate of an outfit you already own, you are compensated according to the rarity of the outfit.

17. John56

John56 First Mate

Lynsey (sorry, don't remember how to tag)
    You had mentioned in the initial post that the Voodoo Outfits in the Dapper Chest would not be available on the Trade Ship. Are they available in map or ship chests?

18. Lynsey [Midoki]

At the moment they're only available in the Dapper Closet, which will continue to be used as a reward in future events and potentially other competitive activities (so it's not a case that you only ever have one chance to win one of them).

19. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

20. John56

John56 First Mate

Haha @Ultimate Sea Dog < I was asking that question for you... going to be a tough collection to complete, looks like

Ian likes this.