Thunderstruck Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Apr 28, 2016.

1. ArcadeCat

ArcadeCat Powder Monkey

Oh great, thanks Skye

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Some people have been asking about the Voodoo Skins and their buffs, so without further ado...

• Ching Shih - Wild One: Forceful Skellywags (damage increased by 10%), Tenacious Skellywags (toughness increased by 10%)
    • Caesar - Snake Charmer: Sky Raider's Booty (reduces Sky Rager cooldown by 10%), Tenacious Sky Raiders (increases toughness by 15%)
    • Captain Tinto - La Rana: Forceful Buccaneers (increases damage by 15%), Tenacious Witch Doctors (increases toughness by 10%)
    • Blackbeard - Got to be Squidding: Tenacious Priestesses (increases Toughness by 10%), Priestess' Booty (reduces Nighty Night cooldown by 10%)
    • Black Bart - Stitched Up: Forceful Juggernauts (increases damage by 10%), Tenacious Juggernauts (increases toughness by 10%)
    • Cornelius Heston - Role Reversal: Brute's Booty (reduces Bring it On! cooldown by 20%), Tenacious Brutes (increases toughness by 10%)
    • Annabelle Levaux - Sea Witch: Witch Doctor's Booty (reduces Second Chances cooldown by 20%), Tenacious Ghastly Gunslingers (increases toughness by 10%)
    • Jeanne de Berry - Ms de Boney: Gunner's Booty (reduces Stay on Target cooldown by 10%), Forceful Gunners (increases damage by 10%)
    • Romeo Boomer - The Scarecrow: Bomber's Booty (reduces Kaboom! cooldown by 10%), Tenacious Bombers (increases toughness by 20%)
    • Sadie the Goat - Ghastly Goatslinger: Heavy Gunner's Booty (reduces Metal Storm cooldown by 15%), Forceful Heavy Gunners (increases damage by 10%)
    • Greenbeard - What a Croc: Forceful Ghastly Gunslingers (increases damage by 10%), Buccaneer's Booty (Berserker cooldown reduced by 15%)
    • Mack McKraken - Thermidor: Thief's Booty (reduces Who Goes There? cooldown by 20%), Tenacious Thieves (increases toughness by 15%)
    And the look of those outfits revealed on Twitter/Facebook so far...

[​IMG]

Tinto, Blackbeard and Ching Shih!

[​IMG]

Caesar, Black Bart and Mack McKraken!

3. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Based on my usual troop recruit and the available buffs, I'm really hoping for Chings, Sadies, Caesers or Blackbeards Voodoo clobber. In fact Caesars outfit would get me using him again.

4. John56

John56 First Mate

I think that may be the idea behind the Voodoo outfits, the best buffs seem to be for the least-used (at least offensively) Legendaries.

5. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I am going to guess that infusing an oxidizer together with a hydrocarbon is beyond the technology of our crews. :) So @Lynsey [Midoki] .... ?

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Voodoo Magic.

7. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Then they need to be classed as Mystic and get buffed like Mystic Mortars... :)

8. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Is it my imagination, or are the bases you are presented during a storm subject to different criteria during calm weather?

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

I got Mack's, and since I still have a bunch of walls left (I've been slacking!), its making farming the last bit of gold I need a lot more bearable. 20% cooldown reduction is saving so much time.

acersharp1 likes this.
  10. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

11. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Possible is one thing. Probable is different.

If you are attacking a base with a reward in the 600 to 800 point range, you are also attacking with about 300k plus Grog worth of troops. I can't speak to the others here, but im not seeing many bases with that much in supplies. So COULD you do this for free? Yes. Is it LIKELY you could do it for free? Not so much.

12. hugatoelgato

hugatoelgato Powder Monkey

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    AWESOME! Great rewards!!!! Midoki you outdid yourselves! I couldn't have hoped for such an amazing prize on my rumpled closet! Wow! I am thunderstrucked for the grandeur of this event..
    Ya'll getting your outfits got nothing on my amazing, unbelievable amount of BATTLE POINTS!

Noooo! It isn't! It isn't anything more than just an unbelievable amount of bullcrap..
    But thanks @Beck [Midoki] @Lynsey [Midoki]

13. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@hugatoelgato so rude!! these people work hard to give a wide variety of players something new and exciting on a monthly basis. Up and coming people need battle points for academy's and would die to have 18,000 BP, materials, costumes and chests for just battling at the same pace they normally would all while having the battle interface changed just enough to keep things interesting.

What would you honestly expect for a reward? a $100 worth of gems?

850arrr likes this.
  14. Fil

Fil Captain

You used him before...more than twice? :confused:

John56 likes this.
  15. awbo

awbo Captain

Obviously the game is able to tell if you already have the outfit as it changes it to gold/grog/gems etc. Is it possible the game could somehow check that before you open your closet to ensure people don't get duplicates? It seems to me that would make players a lot happier. There really is less incentive to purchase high cost outfits outside of events bc then you increase your chances of receiving a duplicate in an event.

John56 likes this.
  16. Skye

Skye Commodore

You don't HAVE to fight to win every single battle - when your grog gets low, spend one battle sniping some grog distilleries with a couple gunners or thieves. You drop a couple PR sure, but you can use a considerably better army if you don't have to worry about grog. Its only a couple minutes rehire to wait out. There's enough of those in the low 400s that you can find one when you get low. I use an excessively expensive army, and yet have no trouble with grog in the 401-500 range using that strategy.

17. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I basically do what @Skye said, and I think I am doing just fine. I don't consider myself a gemmer, as I try to play smart and have the same perks as gemmers do, without spending. To be honest, I can't invest too much into the game, just some money from time to time. I am in a guild that rumbles daily, but there is time between each rumble while the next rumble is in queue, ranging from 10 minutes to 2 hours, in which I can simply farm down. I am playing this event in a 300-500 PR range, where 3*s are easy for me with my cheap and effective troop selection. I farm in that time, and have my rumble reward + 2~3 million of G/G before the next rumble begins. This is a good technique I think, as you don't want to be in that situation of skipping a rumble rival base during storms (with crazy Tokens) all because the base loot won't make up for troop cost.

By the way, I have just over 14 000 Tokens for anyone wondering where me, as an infrequent gemmer, currently stands. :)

18. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

You are not playing the same game I am. (To paraphrase Jack Nickalus WRT Tiger Woods.] If I attack with 1 Priestess, 2 HGs (and they are ANOTHER story! Glass Jaw would be a better name!) 10 GGunners (Hey @Lynsey [Midoki] -- Just 10? Feh.) 6 Juggs, 6 Bombers and the rest Gunners, I'm putting out 350k grog. During storms, I'm seeing lots and lots of potential targets well under that threshold.

19. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yes, you won't make the full cost back from your attack usually, but if you snipe distilleries between battles, it makes up the difference (385/420k extra grog from distilleries, I just next for a bit until I find some), for an added 3 or less minutes of rehire time. 2-3 thieves can easily take all 7 distilleries, and then you just replace those with 2-3 gunners. Or you can use gunners from your normal army if you don't want to break your streak, but the rehire time will be a bit longer.

Between the amount you loot, and the distilleries you snipe (I have to snipe them after every 3 battles typically if I don't go in with a decent reserve of grog, but my army costs 600k+), you should be able to fund armies easily.

20. Lynsey [Midoki]

*Puts on hat of magical analytics*

Actually, there isn't much difference in the average amount of grog and gold looted between the different rank brackets at Pirate Hall 10 - in fact, it's slightly higher at the higher ranks. The average amount of lootable grog is way above 350k - obviously you'll see bases with less than that, but you'll all see bases with more. I'm a reasonably high rank and I regularly raid bases with 600k+ grog*, which helps fund my Witch Doctor habit. ;)

* Last couple of days I've hit quite a few with 1 million + gold and grog, including an unfortunate member of a sister guild. SORRY DUDE!

John56 and Skye like this.