Thunderstruck Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Apr 28, 2016.

1. awbo

awbo Captain

Now you're just teasing us @Lynsey [Midoki] ...ok who is in an alliance guild and got hit for a million by someone else in the alliance?

Jonesy and Tiger Claw like this.
  2. Naga Jolokia

Naga Jolokia Powder Monkey

Hi everyone!

I have a request for the devs... I've just finished the event this afternoon and I got an outfit for Romeo Boomer... but really, who likes Romeo Boomer? This guy is the worst legendary ever and the most useless character which has ever been made! Really, can I do an exchange please? I would like the one for Green Beard please! I would give you back the outfit for Romeo, give you Romeo and Anabelle as gift if you want... but please, change my reward for the legendary outfit for Green Beard!

Peace,

Naga (Guild: Suisse Elite)

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. Alnemer

Alnemer Crew

This is one of the worst thing in the game "garbage random systems" u will get the worst thing u expected even u will get outfit for a legendary u don't have :confused:

The only answer for u don't play the event or lose ur gems

its granted that %95 u will not have any outfit for the legendary that u like

4. Naga Jolokia

Thanks for your response dude! I've never used gems expect for starting rumbles, buying new workers and decorations, I only play regularely!

That is sad... for the chest @ 10K, I got an outfit for Green Beard that I already owned... so I got 2.5M grog instead... while a guildmate got the Croco outfit for Green Beard...

Okay, the bonus for the legendary voodoo outfit for Romeo isn't so bad: -10% for Boom skill cooldown (bombers) and +20% resistance for the bombers... but really... it's Romeo... ROMEO!!!! Come on!!! Really, this guy is so useless!!!! Moreover, he doesn't look like a pirate at all!!!!

5. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

@Alnemer If you don't like the outfit, don't use it. Next event you will get another different voodoo outfit or gems if you should get a duplicate. If you are going to have a tizzy every time you get an outfit you don't like, expect to have frequently tizzy fits driving yourself crazy. It might be months, or even longer, before you get the outfit you want. Most likely, it will take some players years to collect all the outfits, or they might never collect them all. Remember, the event and rewards are FREE to every player. I just find it hard to understand people complaining about something that was given to them for free.

6. Naga Jolokia

I totally agree with you bro... but in my case... I got it for... Romeo... ROMEO!!! Really, tell me what legendary is worse than Romeo??! He's the WORST one!!! :D :D :D No one likes him, even him, he doesn't like himself!

7. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Lol @Naga Jolokia Granted, Romeo might not be most people's favorite. But on the bright side... Well, sure there might be a bright side, just can't think of one right now.

8. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Romeo is useful for breaking walls. Clear the chaff and he does well.

9. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

I'm gonna nominate Jeanne de berry for this award hahaha

I'd rather have an outfit for a buccaneer hahaha

On top, she shares the common with black Bart, so I doubt ANYONE has her trained!

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Meh, she's at LEVEL 1 for me:p

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Naga Jolokia I would disagree. As @Red Privateer points out he is great at clearing walls as well as a path for your other troops. He is also one of the best LP's to be on defence when you are not in-game. As for the randomness of the outfits, we all get things in chests we don't need and its about the fairest way I see to ensure a variety in the game.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

The more unpopular legendaries have generally better buffs on their outfits over more popular legendaries, besides Sadie.

You don't have to even deploy the legendary for the buff to apply. If you don't like him, don't use him. Leave him on your bar, with the outfit equipped, and the buffs still apply - they last until you do decide to use him and he dies. Bombers getting a reduction to kaboom could certainly be useful, and they won't die nearly as easily!

Itsanicknamewhocares likes this.
  13. John56

John56 First Mate

It looks to me like the less-used legendaries specifically got the better buffs, in order to get us to use them more frequently (or at all) in attacking. Not a bad thing, it does make the "useless" legends a bit more useful if you have the voodoo outfit for them. 2 buffs is much better than 1 buff and 1 nerf.

Itsanicknamewhocares likes this.
  14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Actually, the Dapper Closet has an equal chance for each and every Legendary Pirate's Voodoo Outfit, so even if you only like one Legendary and hate the other eleven, it's actually only a 91.7% chance of getting an outfit for a Legendary that you don't like. ;)

15. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Diaper Closet have me a duplicate Romeo Boomer outfit but I didn't mind the 2.5 mil gold in place of it, would've been nice to still get an outfit I didn't already have though

16. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Sea Patriot I assume you meant the rumpled closet. The Dapper gives a guarantee Voodoo outfit, and if it should happen to be a duplicate, it gives 1k in gems.

Sea Patriot and HornyQuokka like this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

And the 'Diaper Closet' is something else entirely! :p

Sea Patriot likes this.
  18. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

ROFL

Sorry... Couldn't help myself :D.

I must say... As time consuming as this event was (for me), I really enjoyed it. I didn't think I would make the 10K BP position, but I did and with enough time to finish the event.

Funny how a more/less meaningless outfit can create such a moment of anticipation. If it were obtainable any other way my feelings wouldn't be the same. This was different. It was earned.

I'll consider myself very lucky. I was blessed with the beautifully designed Caesar the Snake Charmer. The outfit design is very cool looking, but I would have been happy with anyone of them. ;)

@Lynsey [Midoki]

I'm going to miss the rain effects and sounds. Just as much as I miss the Halloween and Christmas themes released in 2014.

I hope we will see more of these themes again, but in all their splendor. :)

TiGeR

awbo, Ian and John56 like this.
  19. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

The Super-Secret Diaper Closet has the ever elusive Captain Underpants legendary AND outfit. Tra-La-LAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SpongeCake, awbo and Ian like this.
  20. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

I have to agree - the Thunderstruck event has turned our guild into a different place - things were good before but with the excitement about the event everyone plays more, which means everyone chats more and donates more and requests more and rumbles more. Just great all around. The only thing wrong with this event will be the wait until it happens again. :) We all need a week to go fall down and catch up with our real lives but it would be great to see events get into a rotation - no shame in running the same type of event twice (mixing it up with other types, of course) after spending all of that effort developing it. Great stuff!