[2.0.0] iOS update bugs & issues

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by BB-8, Aug 19, 2015.

1. yeti

yeti Captain

I'd like to see a running list so that we know what they are aware of. For arguably the most important section of the forum it gets very little attention from the devs and that lack of acknowledgement compounds the frustration of the bugs themselves imo. It would also easily enable people to see whether the bug they are experiencing is known...I've tried searching for things and it doesn't always work, and then if you do manage to find it mentioned, there is nothing to suggest its on anyones radar...

850arrr and Skye like this.
  2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Maybe an updated spreadsheet of known issues with current status. I.e.: aware of, in progress, waiting deployment, resolved..

850arrr and yeti like this.
  3. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I had a little cry about it to them and they assured me bug reports are duly noted.
    The problem is (wo)manpower - balancing dev time between new content (you can see they've been busy) and bug fixes of varying severity.
    I would hope that with the 2.0.0 release they have some more resources free.

Bear likes this.
  4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Sounds like Midoki needs to start up a bugtracker! Trac and bugzilla are both extremely easy to deploy ;)

5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We already use a bug tracker (Jira) - when stuff crops up on here that we were previously unaware of, either on of the Rovio customer service guys that lurk on the forum or myself will enter it into Jira.

Bear and Skye like this.
  7. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

8. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

Still an issue in 2.0.1- Upgrading the Ability range on Legendary Pirates (Boomer's Mills & Boom for example) doesn't work. The profile still displays the range as 25 despite having upgraded Mills & Boom to 45, and the in-battle behavior treats it as if its still 25, not 45.

This is probably a pretty big issue.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy Skye!

This is actually a UI miscommunication issue - unfortunately Romeo, Sadie and Annabelle have their range for their regular attacks (or in Ms Levaux's case, healing) listed as 'Ability Range', rather than just 'range'. None of the Legendaries currently have their special ability range listed in their stats. We're looking at fixing this for an upcoming update.

There's also the issue that the range is listed as 25, which is how it appears in our database and code (which is the same as the gunners and the bomber) - however in the UI in-game it should be listed in tiles, as it is with the standard pirates (so '2').

I'll double check that his Mills & Boom range is extending when trained up though - it was definitely working on the 2.0.0 build on the dev servers, but I'll check it on live.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  12. Skye

Skye Commodore

Confirmed that Annabelle's Ability Range in the profile is tied to her healing range. Thanks :) I guess that part is just a UI inconsistency.

13. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

14. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

15. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

16. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

17. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

18. Skye

Skye Commodore