A call for all guilds to work together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spongee, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

To further the advancement of all players, I am requesting guild captains and guild members bring up the discussion within their guilds of placing the pirate halls on the outside unprotected.

This will facilitate those doing streaking and accumulating chests. Unless you are rank pushing, there is very little downside. You'll get a free and easy shield, and hopefully those attacking will be respectful and leave your resources. Even if they don't, you will still stand an higher chance of someone attacking you for the one star only and you being able to keep your resources.

I've already set my island up in this manner, surrounded by gold, so anyone attacking me also gets an easy 1 mil+ in gold. Other members of our guild are doing the same.

Let's help each other and make this happen :)

FlyingJoe's Fear, msuma, Fil and 9 others like this.
  2. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

We've been discussing this at Black Flag since maintenance. I'll do it for my accounts.

3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I will make every attempt to not touch resources of players that place their PH on the outside, and have asked our members to do the same. Any that try and protect their pirate halls and have large resources, I will continue to farm for grog at full force. Of course, I realize not realistic to expect everyone not to raid resources if there are large amounts tempting them.

Lou Roughknuckle, Fanta and Cocobean like this.
  4. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Interesting....rival guilds banding together to punish midoki for the stupid streaks...

5. I'm also moving me ph away from my defenses to support this purpose... Its getting really annoying that Midoki is making changes to the game between maintenances without telling anyone about anything... I think that we as members of the player base should know what's going on in the game!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Raptelan likes this.
  6. Purple Rose

Purple Rose First Mate

I support this and will be moving my base. Would much rather have someone snipe my PH...it benefits both of us. I've only just started to upgrade to PH9 so I have a lot of stuff to do upgrading so leaving my resources alone and just taking PH is fine with me. I like how we can all come together (and hopefully more join in) to make this game fun for everyone, and get around the stupidity of some of the things Midoki do to ruin that.

7. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] I hope you guys see this and actually listen. I know you've not replied to pm's about the new update. Typical hide away from hard questions. This is what you're forcing us to do. Just look at the commenters on this post, all long time players that have played this game for over a year some with more than one account. It's time midoki listened to the players or there won't be players left. Time to make a stand. Let's get everyone on board to fight the greed

Raptelan and Purple Rose like this.
  8. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Really? You guys complain cause Midoki fixed an obvious bug? I think it was more than obvious that it never was intended that players could easily do 50 wins and earn a lot of chests wits some patience or 50 gems.

Finally its has become more competetive and it takes more than 5 gunners to do a win when u dropped ur rank to LV 1. Thanks @Lynsey [Midoki] for acting so fast!

9. DerWeisseWolf

DerWeisseWolf Powder Monkey

I have done the same now and honestly if this new terrible matchmaking won't be reverted I don't have any motivation to continue playing PP.
    And that's a pity, as my Ph9 is all maxed out.

Midoki, please listen and undo this! Let PP be a game we enjoy to play all day.

Now this happens all the time also :

"No fight found . Retry? If not the actual streak ends."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Fanta likes this.
  10. I suggest
    I suggest you to look up for a definition of "bug" as it probably means something different of what I think you mean. Also, it's not like it was something "new" as it has been there almost the entire history of the game. What really makes me upset is that major changes are being applied to the game in an instant but 0 words from Midoki. That really doesn't feel right.

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The matchmaking was never supposed to allow players to attack an island that was more than two levels below their own. When we realised that it wasn't working as intended and that there was an exploit, we fixed it as soon as we could - as we try to do with any exploit, especially one that negatively impacts on players' core experience. Some take longer than others due to requiring client-side updates, some we can get out pretty quickly as they're just server-side.

12. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Anything on the concept that you define streak as "spending gems so many battles in a row" instead of actually winning? Or how it's killing the purpose of a guild?

Fil and Oak Doak like this.
  13. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

For me it's more about the whole streak system. It's flawed with the scoring and the fact that even if you lose you continue. Midoki's blatant greed at players expense.
    Effects on Guild
    1) While streaking you can't chat to guild mates
    2) can't fill requests for gs
    3) fund perks
    4) can't request gs troops
    5) destroys the team concept.

Effects on Game
    1) Gives a massive advantage to gemmers
    2) alienating non Gemmers
    3) long time players quitting
    4) causing rival guilds to band together like this.

RNP, Purple Rose, Fanta and 4 others like this.
  14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

What changed? I just dropped to PR1 yesterday. Islands were easy as ever. They change overnight?

15. DerWeisseWolf

DerWeisseWolf Powder Monkey

Being able to do some easy fights is a exploit? It's always been like that in PP, and now all in a suddenly this is changed the worst way possible?
    Huh, you really destroyed my trust in this game now Lynsey. I have spent many hundreds of gems over the weekend. And with this ridiculous small silo I deleted so many items, as I am just upgrading 4 legends at the same time.

There is no way and motivation to continue playing now.

At least give us a silo where we can save every item we hardly collect. I know you will not undo matchmaking.
    So PP will become another Clash now, with one "next" after another. Nah, that's what made me stop playing Coc also, the fun in advancing was gone, like here now.

spearithannah, Fanta and Raptelan like this.
  16. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Also how about in future actually talk to your players instead of blindly dropping huge updates. I know we have had disscusions in the past but honestly that left us with more questions than answers. But with only an hour set aside for it is it any wonder. Midoki needs to interact more openly with the major guilds and the everyday players. This is what we really should be discussing. I know you guys can't disclose everything to protect your game and business but we need more interaction and the proof is in these posts that seem to repeat with every update.

Raptelan likes this.
  17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I wasn't trying to make a statement. I had nothing against Midoki's decision to fix the glitch, I support their decision to do so. I (along with several others I have spoken with) just wanted to farm easy chests while rumbling. Intent was purely selfish :D

Fil, Fanta, SitFlyer_ and 2 others like this.
  18. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Ahh, that must have been in last night's maintenance update?

19. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I agree, rank has become meaningless. @Raptelan You know how I've always felt about rank.

While I agree streaking does not encourage ranking, I strongly believe it greatly help those that do.

As I have stated many times before, I believe the endgame we all seek of a competitive guild vs guild feature that is dependent on skill is in the works and worth the wait. I understand the need for revenue generating content and support it, if it allows a GvsG feature that eliminates gemming from the equation.

Fil likes this.
  20. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Good Day Everyone.........

Since the update has come in I have played a lot of PP and tried to get a feel for what these updates are all about. We at PIRATES UNITED have had similar discussions with regards to the current set up for streaking and tend to concur with the masses. I agree with Oak Doak statements on this one and personally chose NOT to use the streaking option. Its hard to preach team work and guild support when the streak removes the gamer from the structures of the game and isolates players as individuals. I do think Midoki missed the target on this one.......... Streaks are set up solely for individual gamers and contradict the purpose of being in a guild. The game right now has no harmony and feels like the player is being pulled in two directions. I do believe the current streak system needs to be re configured to achieve balance with in the game and make the purpose of a guild relevant again.

Issues at hand

1) GS...... There needs to be an option to replenish your troops in game while streaking. It alienates the players who are playing to chase PR.
    2) Funding Perks ........ Again when a player goes in for long streak runs they are removed from the guild and have no option to help support the team. This contradicts what a guild is for.
    3) Game chat...... Lets face it we all play this game for social interaction on some level. Not being able to interact in game with chat again contradicts the purpose of the game.

Now having said all that I'm sure Midoki is evaluating the progress of the update and how the game is effecting there customers. I trust they will be taking the information provided and seeing how they can improve on the hamster wheel.

Please know this though, PIRATES UNITED as a group does not support the current system set up for streaking and would like to see changes made to support the above issues.

I do like supporting a good cause and certainly can respect spongee and his efforts to improve the game. For now however PIRATES UNITED will not be supporting the PH out approach. PU will allow Midoki time to evaluate the current streaking system and make the appropriate changes.

Warm Regards
    APES

Enuthral, Pink Taco and Raptelan like this.