A call for all guilds to work together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spongee, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Yeah Im same I took my PH out and thier still taken my loot in rumble lol ,,

2. RNP

RNP Powder Monkey

I refuse to EVER adjust my island layout to "help" other players. Screw rival players! Fight, claw and scratch your way to the top, just like everyone is supposed to. Why don't we all just hold hands and sing Coomb by Ya! I couldn't disagree more with this point of view.

It's obvious, streaking as currently comprised has many more disadvantages than advantages. I hope Midoki will continue to tweak streaking and deemphasize the combination of dropping rank as low as possible and spending gems, but I won't hold my breath. I also won't be moving my PH for easy kills either.

3. slapnuts

slapnuts Powder Monkey

I'm with you RNP

RNP likes this.
  4. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Lmao "we don't all hold hands and sing coomb by ya "

That's funny .....

Kelani and RNP like this.
  5. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

lolz...My PH has always been outside my base, right in the front.

6. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

The only thing that has prevented me from creating a farm base (PH away from defenses) is that it is so easy for attackers to 3* That they rarely just snipe PHs. There is no incentive to rank push, so most attackers aren't just looking to win, they want resources. However, perhaps streaking will provide the incentive to snipe for an easy win. Then again, when your guild rumbles all the time, you have to leave your PH protected since we can only have one base design.

7. RNP

RNP Powder Monkey

Agree, plus even when I have streaked I also will take some resources if they're plentiful and easily garnered. Some "nicer" players may just stop at the PH, but if I have a few troops living after the PH is taken down, I will let them continue around the island taking what they wish.

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

I'm personally not interested in streaking, yet. But agree that there is a place for it as easy access to chests. So have no need to snipe PH's, I am however farming for upgrades and guild perks and if you have a million gold/grog laying around, I will take it. But as a sign of good will and respect if I see your PH has been left out, I will surrender after I have taken your loot and leave that PH for the next 'streaker' that comes by.. :rolleyes:

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I really love this grassroots streak-exploiting movement, and really hope it'll become A Thing, but let's be realistic here. Based on Midoki's estimate of total active players, this forum contains < 0.013% of total players. So even if every forum member was active, read this, did this, and got their guild to do it, the chances of it making any difference whatsoever are pretty slim. :)

That said, I've always recommended to my guildies that they leave their PH outside the walls for defensive purposes.

10. I have enjoyed the streakers sniping my PH. Most leave my resources alone, but if they don't they normally don't get too far since all of my storage buildings fit nicely in my defenses with the PH outside. And I get a nice 12 hour shield. Win-win since I don't care about rank right now. Better than the 3-4 defense wins a day pushing me up in PR.

lady blackbeard likes this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

A big "Thank You' to all that are participating. While the percentages are small, even one easy PH in a run of 5 or 15 still helps. We have been running across a few with pirate halls outside, and it is greatly appreciated.

Raptelan and Lady O'maley like this.
  12. I think the streaking concept, as Midoki implemented it, with no sniping more than 2 lvls lower and losses don't end the streak, were thoughtful to players and well-balanced. I suspect that almost all of the suggested improvements that I've read here would not work out as the writers intended and would likely wreck streaking and rumbles.

It's been my repeatedly confirmed experience from different games that the players the developers should often least listen to are the super-active, fanatic, top players who've been there from the start (and I say that knowing this includes me). In the end, these games usually collapse from being dragged down after a couple of years by the strain of maintaining our super-powered bases or characters while trying to keep things playable and interesting for new players.

All that said, I agree with Spongee about putting the pirate hall outside my defences with some gold that I don't use any more. And just like he said, this is purely out of self interest, not for some complicated message or 'punishment' to Midoki.

And thanks to Midoki for some pretty daring and major changes to the game. You've pulled it off amazingly well! Thank you! :)

Clinker and peg-brain bob like this.
  13. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

I've left my PH out still , but my grog & gold is secure ,, ive noticed other members are starting to play along now and leave my gold &grog alone ,, the ones that attempt to steal my grog & gold don't get very far to secure they get nothing anyway ,, ,, so thank you to the ones who are joing in and just leaving my storages alone , and to the ones who attempt to steal my gold& grog " Nah na na na nah " serves u right for trying to get in my walls

Skye likes this.
  14. LYM

LYM Captain

im happy to give you a free shield

Lady O'maley likes this.
  15. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

ill have ur free shield anytime ... Lmao

Well until my pirates are ready for plundereing .. ;)

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

Challenge accepted... I'll be right over... ;)

mlc, awbo and Lady O'maley like this.
  17. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Cheeky .... Lol

LYM and Ian like this.
  18. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

agreed

Lady O'maley likes this.
  19. Fanta

Fanta Powder Monkey

RNP why do you write in this proposal if you are not interested with this?
    we don't know your thoughts if you are in disagree
    we are too little guys, put your PH outside !!
    Fanta
    Lupi di Mare

20. Skye

Skye Commodore

I dont think giving someone a 1* win is going to keep you from clawing your way to the top, Leaderboard players obviously won't be doing this, so its not like you can take a free ride up to PR900.

Ian and Lady O'maley like this.