A call for all guilds to work together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spongee, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Thunder

Thunder Powder Monkey

I thought this was a good idea and so I put my hall out to help. Don't even streak much but figured hey I'm not ranking. Can't hurt to be nice occasionally! And so EVERY f*cker who has come across my base for days now has taken it for all that they can :mad: which isn't much cause I'm just that good :p:rolleyes:. But still! I never keep my shield cause that's for kitty cats ;) so I get hit half a dozen times a day. I thought the idea was to appreciate the help and leave after your one star? So now my hall gets tucked back in securely and you work for your victory! Sorry, I tried, but it's just not worth it :(

Bou Regreg likes this.
  2. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

Yes. It's simply too easy to three star bases, so most people will - especially if the loot available will more than cover the cost.

3. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I think it's a win win if I keep getting 1 stared by having my PH on the outside.The way I've been doing my streak is I lower my PR to 1, place down a legendary(not Mack or Annabelle) and poof! They are gone. So I lose my PR but keep my grog and gold.:)

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

IMO, anybody who doesn't understand why exposing your PH (or using it as a speed bump) is generally a good thing needs to google cost-benefit analysis :)

FlyingJoe's Fear likes this.
  5. Mickster

Mickster Crew

I've experienced both sides since putting the PH out. Those that take it and move on, and those that take it then try and grab as much as they can. I've no problem with either. I'm just'a doing my thing for other players!

By the way, if you've a serious aversion to being raided then there's always revenge (or Candy Crush).

Ian, Kelani and Lady O'maley like this.
  6. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

I have my pirate hall out. 90% of those who visit take it down and nothing more. It's actually working better for me this way, then having it inside the walls.

7. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

Srry mates, surrendering is not in THIS pirates vocabulary ;)
    If ya want it , COME TAKE IT!

8. Mickster

Mickster Crew

@Raider: It's not surrender, it's that dirty word to some.. helping. The idea is to help others who are on a streak. If you don't want to help then fine, don't.

The rules of engagament for me are thus:

1.) If the PH is out and I'm on a streak, I leave the remainder alone.
    2.) If the PH is out and I'm on a streak but booby trapped, I'll retaliate and take it all with intent.
    3.) If the PH isn't out, I'll take it all.

I've been playing a while now and it seems to me there's two very different types of player in this game. Those that play to win at all costs to others and those that play to win.
    Just food for thought!

Cocobean likes this.
  9. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

@Mickster Help others at the expense of getting your base wacked just doesnt sound like an even trade off to me. A loss is a loss no matter how insignificant.
    No parlay for anyone! Forget a peace treaty! We are pirates.!! Lol ;)
    My rules for engangement are different.
    1) ANYTHING GOES!

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

what @Mickster said, but I have a few more rules...

4) If I deploy my guys like an idiot and my PH-takedown or loot-grabbing crew gets slaughtered by your well-designed defensive layout, I WILL throw a tantrum and flatten you. ;)

5) If you have a moronic or offensive base name, I will flatten you. Always.

6) If you have a cute/sweet base name (Jenny's Mommy, I Heart Kittens), I will probably still flatten you, but I'll feel really bad about it. :(

John56, Cap'nSmellyBeard and Ian like this.
  11. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I am sort of fence sitting. For PH9 with its defenses there is some value in it for protecting your stores. Thus it maybe useful to keep the PH in the base. For PH8 and below, unless you are climbing the ranks (why?), it is an advantage to keep the PH out of the base. Base flateners will flatten regardless of PH location, but streakers and some others will just hit the PH, giving you a shield, and leave the stores alone.

All I know it is getting harder and harder to farm and snipe....

Ian likes this.
  12. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

My rules are:
    1. If I forget my GP when i'm PH-sniping and get booby-trapped, bye bye!
    2. If you have an exposed PH and 1 million loot and I'm on gold rush streak buff, sorry, but I can't resist
    3. If I'm revenging you, I'll be a sadist and take all the loot without giving you a shield:p
    4. If you are a rumble rival, I will flatten you! (record is me getting 1* on a fully maxed PH9 (with Ching, GS help, and lots of luck like the shark trap being at a corner of the base and GPs facing the wrong direction)

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Time to unashamedly BUMP this thread and remind members not pushing PR of the benefits of leaving your PH out in the lowers ranks.
    1. A quick and free 12hr shield
    2. Most streakers will leave your stores and loot intact
    3. Streakers get a faster access to quick wins
    So remember to help out others and yourself and leave your PH out and unprotected :D

14. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

+1 to that. Streaking isn't exactly easy or cheap, but by doing so we can make things easy for everyone.