A call for all guilds to work together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spongee, Nov 3, 2015.

1. It's really funny how the "minis" issue took several MONTHS ( around 5 months) to be fixed but this is fixed in 5 days. I guess Midoki is improving, lets hope that everything will be fixed in just matter of days from now on!

spearithannah likes this.
  2. Jirobaliw-

Jirobaliw- Crew

Bad idea

3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Raptelan I agree about the GS troops. The ability to stack the perks and reduce cost further along in the streak seems it would benefit high ranks. But I really wouldn't know, as I don't visit the high ranks very often. No motivation or incentive to do so.

We are about due for another game wide guild rank competition (that I would partake in). Now with streaks, might be a good time for someone to organize one.

cmooneey likes this.
  4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

1. I understand & agree with Midoki's decision to 'fix' the matchmaking - they have a duty of care towards new players (to prevent them from being continually 'bullied').
    2. I agree with Apes that currently streaks are not too much fun due to the loss of the social/guild aspects - for this reason I have only done one.
    3. I agree with & support Spongee's 'movement' :) - anything which makes streaks more enjoyable for those that want to take part is an excellent idea - I will be 'outing' my PH forthwith! ;)

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, I've been preaching the Exposed PH strategy forever, so I'm all for this.

As for streaks, like I said, still think these need to be some kind of timed event. Start a streak, and your battles over the next 24 hours are considered part of it. but general gameplay and guild interaction doesn't cancel it.

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

With the exception of PU (will be curious to see if any PU members take advantage of our kindness and snipe our PH for an easy streak win), most guilds seem to be onboard. If nothing else, over the next few days this little experiment might show us how much of the PP population is influenced by this forum. I expect the number to be extremely low, but will be interesting to see regardless.

7. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I'm with you at @Spongee! This is a good idea sense I need to lower my ranks and keep loot. Im putting my PH out now.

8. Booty Slappa

Booty Slappa First Mate

;)I moved my base out if anyone needs Free PR Points and feel free to take all the gold

9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I moved mine out, Pirates United Y came by and took 2 million in loot.

Almost forgot: add another 700k gold in rearming cost

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

Midoki is clearly working to try and make things easier for those that care about rank, and will certainly continue to do so. I'm sure it will be factored into point calculations in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if we got more rewards simply for being a higher rank as well (we did have quests to get up to PR500 after all).

I would love the ability to check guild chat, rumble scores, perks, and something that hasn't been mentioned - access to the button to send a support email - during the rehire screen. Mid battle, it would be intrusive to have a guild chat, since you could be trying to drop a troop on the side of the island, accidentally hit the button, and waste three seconds having to close the tab, or having the keyboard accidentally pop up or something. Mid battle chat would be a UX nightmare with misclicks, and I'm sure you can imagine the complaints that would come in. Plus, imagine the sorts of future bugs and exploits around someone finding a way to donate a troop to a guild ship mid battle, and the extra code to try and check to prevent that would just be a new avenue for bugs and slowdown.

I'm happy using Slack between battles. Its frustrating not being able to get to perks or rumble scores, and I would be very furious if I had to break a streak to send a support email, but at least we can minimize during rehire and check slack. Adding chat to the rehire screen wouldn't add that much imo, since most of our chat happens out of game; its really the access to perks, tavern, and guildship that are harmful.

Streaks are much less of an issue now that you have to fight PH7+, and I doubt the blocking aspects of them will be as massive now that most players are unlikely to try for 100 each time.

Captain Black likes this.
  11. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

SPEAKS VOLUMES I agree with all of the above and OH, Canada guild mates are discussing this as well.

As i have said in previous posts, the good, the bad and the ugly. We as players of PP do so not only because of the game, its also because of the social aspect of this game. What im finding is Streaking is damaging that Social aspect. And in doing so it has affected the cohesivness of our guild and how we play. Not only do we want to be involved all together in rumbles supporting each other, we want to interact with each other. I did a 6 hour non gem, 27 attack streak, not only was it annoying not to have access to the chat, It was like i was not being in a guild at that time.

I can understand some of the reasoning behind it, but the main thing that needs to be fixed is access to the chat room and support from you guild, you can take a guild ship with you once. Therefore it stands to reason you should be all to request donations.

okay i bet i get yelled at for this, as far as im concerned streaking should not be applied to guild points in a rumble, now since streaking seems to be an individual sport. It should be kept that way, otherwize you've just opened up a new way of doing a version of a mini run. IF you want to streak go ahead, but if you stay in your guild and gem an attack thats ok too, but you wont be able to streak.....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  12. Captain Black

Captain Black Powder Monkey

13. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Gemming should be a players option to speed up any aspect of the game, it shouldn't be by any concept a requirement, like streaks or some materials that are not available anywhere unless you buy a chest, Midoki has changed the game to the point where in order to advance past certain level, gems are necessary

14. DerWeisseWolf

DerWeisseWolf Powder Monkey

I agree juggernaut. And now the game has become super boring. I am maxed, all walls done, all troops done, only thing left to do is to level up the legends. But with this small silo and certain items only available in chests this is not something I really am looking into.

So Midoki, give us a new level of walls to do

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Fanta likes this.
  15. Daredevile Pirate Guild

Daredevile Pirate Guild Powder Monkey

I need gems. Collect gems is very tired some job. But, I like the new rumble scoring system.:)

16. Fanta

Fanta Powder Monkey

hi everyone i m the captain of Lupi di Mare, an italian great guild.
    i noted yesterday at the changes that Midoki apported to PP and think that like always the purpose of Midoki is to earn money.
    only gemmers can reach 50 at the streaks now with the unnoticed upgrade that gives you only PH on high level.
    then is absurd that during the streaks we are isolated from the guild chat and services.
    i think that these new things are really bad and i hope that midoki works for the good of the game and not only to sell and earn money...
    i will tell to all my team to put the PH outside of the walls and far from defences...
    The Lupi di Mare are with you guys

DerWeisseWolf likes this.
  17. Mickster

Mickster Crew

I'm in! Oh and by the way, I've done 51 straight wins 3 times and done 100 without a single gem being used. All through players putting their PH out for grabs.

18. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Man, i went on a 30 streak this morning. I did not see many PH6-9 with easy to snipe PH's. :(

Really appreciate what you guys are doing though. Feels like a family affair sticking together like that.

19. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Agreed. Thanks for helping all these streakers, mates. A very nice thing to do. Great suggestion, Spongee. I can see that the only reason I streak in the future is to increase my attack total. I can probably blow it up by 1000 more, if I do it for maybe five days in a row.

20. Mickster

Mickster Crew

@TBaggins There's two things happening. There are players who want to help the other players to streak (and that's the subject of this thread), and there are the PH7/8's who know it's hopeless to try and defend against an onslaught of PH9's who are on streaks. If your not seeing any of these then the game's being unkind to you because there's loads and loads. I've done three mini streaks today (upto 5 each) without dropping rank between so I can't imagine it's your current rank or anything.

Off subject I know but I wouldn't like to be a PH7 saving up at the moment for that special something (unless of course they've got their PH out). It's a cruel game at times!

Super-Nor likes this.