Boring Errands...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaK, Apr 16, 2015.

1. SaK

SaK First Mate

I was so excited about all those errands...total disappointment

Just another boring addition to PP like map exploration...where u actually do nothing but wait till the exploration finishes...

But its better to have something than nothing.

2. Vince

Vince First Mate

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  3. SaK

SaK First Mate

Haha...lol

I guess this update is mostly for upcoming android users...nothing for us

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Being able to perform errands and quests to find things while exploring is actually an idea thst originated here on the forums. It was suggested by a forum member and had support of the community, obviously the devs liked the idea too.

You have every right to think it's boring, bit there are people who like this kind of thing.

Salty Snack likes this.
  5. SaK

SaK First Mate

The devs do whatever they like...but yes if its so...its an achievement for the forum tht the idea was created here...

But nevertheless the total point of errands is not exciting...anc im having more notification now from PP...thats it.

But other than that the update has nothing big to give

And yes...i didnt say i dont like the idea but the way it has been implemented is boring indeed

6. porrig

porrig Crew

So its just a countdown to get a small amount of loot? I was hoping for something new to do on the map, or something to do whilst waiting for new pirates to bake.

alebvk, awbo and SaK like this.
  7. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Why are there not more?! Where's the new maps?! Where's the new pirates?! Where's the guild wars?! I want all these now!! And I want them bug free so I don't have to complain about those issues too!! :eek:

Midoki has given us updates frequently compared to most other games. Development takes time. They have already told us what to expect in the coming months. No developer releases major changes every month, so stop expecting it. I appreciate the minor changes. Very pleased with many of the bug fixes included in this update. If you don't like the new errands, don't do them. It is really that simple.

Thank you Midoki for the bug fixes. Thank you for the new errands, I look forward to seeing the upper end bonuses associated with these errands. I appreciate having something else to do when I log on.

8. Vince

Vince First Mate

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    SaK likes this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Have gotten through several of the errands. I've gem rushed a few in the beginning out of curiosity. The rewards are starting to look nice, and I am only on the beginning rewards. 36BP for pushing a button, I'll take that any day. Midoki just gave millions of players free gold, grog, BP and EP. Doing so decreases gem sales and revenue short term (but I believe anything that keeps players happy increases revenue long term). Thank you

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Sigrid, Christy, Burnz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Give people something free and they will still complain.

11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Just started an errand that gives 130BP.... Nice!!!

Salty Snack and Bear like this.
  12. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Guess Sak doesn't appreciate the free BP and EP. I sure do! Thank you Midoki :)

Tikigirl, Burnz and Salty Snack like this.
  13. Shrink

Shrink Powder Monkey

Yeah, I'm diggin the free BP. I have no real problem with Errands. It's just another thing to tend to.

Rachael and Salty Snack like this.
  14. Jij

Jij Crew

I'd like to know who recommend this mindless mini-game? Seriously who was it and what dose this have to do with the game we all are here to play? It had to be a company shill.

I wonder how many development hours went into these quest! Probably not much, but whatever resource were wasted they should have been utilized for new pirate classes, new buildings, new battle challenges....You know what I mean, the types of things we all invested our time and money in this game for.

Last update slowed down the game by reducing rewarded to players that were actually playing the game. This update gives rewards to people who do not have to battle and/or play the game.

Rovio, what's next a match 3 mini-game?

SaK and Bathplug like this.
  15. Burnz

Burnz Captain

And like it.

16. SaK

SaK First Mate

U guys are missing my MAIN POINT...(people are ready to oppose any opinion without even knowing about what are they talking about...)anyway

Im telling i appreciate and do like the update ...bug fixes and all, no problem there.

What am i telling doing errands is a passive thing... U just tell them to go to explore...thats all!

It could be nice...if i was attacking or doing some active things with those people on the trip or whatnot. (Like in map atleast u select the troops and send them to go after a specific path for a specific monster, its active engagement with the exploration...that is what im missing here)

I would feel more engaged with the new exploration.

awbo likes this.
  17. Burnz

Burnz Captain

We just had a huge update with an all new PH level. Sure, we didn't get a new troop or a new building, but that should fulfill the needs of many for a bit of time.

I'm not sure what you meant by the "Last update slowed down the game by reducing rewarded to players that were actually playing the game."

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

I hope you didn't mistake my comment. I think you have every right to feel the way you do. I was just trying to point out that for some members of the forum this was something they wanted.

19. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Development takes time. Don't expect fantastic new content every update, it is not realistic. This update appeared to fix many of the bugs that people were complaining about. My guess would be Midoki added the Errands module as it was ready to go live and they wanted to include something in the update to try and appease those who complain when updates come out with no new content, only bug fixes. Wisely, they probably chose not to add any additional content until further testing is done to make sure bugs were minimized. Remember, not every update includes fantastic new content. Not all new content appeals to all people.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  20. SaK

SaK First Mate

No no @Bear its not u...
    I agree with u totally... Everybody can have their own opinion and views so i have too

But after u commented few people are having difficulty understanding my views about the errands...its for them

Bear likes this.