Boring Errands...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaK, Apr 16, 2015.

1. SaK

SaK First Mate

dont talk on behalf of the developers...neither ur a dev or a mod!
    Read the forum rules wisely no. 21
    http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/guidelines.37/

2. Jij

Jij Crew

Since you mention this Im guessing you haven't been playing to long. Here is a brief breakdown With the last major update Rovio needed the game by slowing down the speed about which we all progress in the game. They did this by reduced the amount of BP's player received when wining battles by %50 or more in many cases. They also changed the battle mactching system to limit the gold and grog rewards.

If you want to know more there are plenary of post here in the forum you can refer to...

SaK likes this.
  3. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

@ Sak. Where did I say I was representing Midoki in that statement? I stated an opinion, sorry you disagreed with it and felt it was an attack against you personally. Not sure why you felt the need to grasp at whatever straws you could to try and deflect the topic by pointing out an irrelevant forum guideline. I am sure if the Admins felt I violated policy, I will be hearing from them. My suspicions are I am more likely to get a kudos from them :D

Jij likes this.
  4. King Wraia

King Wraia Powder Monkey

Well, I don't mean to twist the already twisted topic from errands to the 'update', but has anyone tested the pirate's brain? I'd rather have a consistent, reliable pirate brain before anything else.

Christy and Jij like this.
  5. Jij

Jij Crew

Shark Bait I'd like to address some of your points.
    1. Development dose take time so I would hope the development team stays focused and works on improving the game we all like to play instead of creating new mini games that have nothing to do with the game.
    2. Bug fixes. Great they fixed bugs which they created in the first place and which they did not find in the program because developers now use customers as beta testers.
    3. New content would have been nice, instead they went with an easy fluff mini game
    4. I agree not every update will include fantastic content but nerfing the game by slamming on the breaks and adding irrelevant mini games should not be a substituting for the release of relevant content, yet this is what we have received in the last two updates.

6. Jij

Jij Crew

Lol...I second that. My pirates are always grogged up so we could use any help with brain improvement.

7. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

@ jij You make valid points. I am sure many agree with you. No arguments from me there.

8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Keep in mind these errands will in fact help lower level and newbie players. Not everything is for the maxed out players. I like the idea, even if the errands don't benefit me much at this point. Still a good addition to the game.

9. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Ya Burnz you noob!! LMAO!
    Burnzie has 206 days in piracy, current PR 650.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Evil Rastlin, Burnz and Bear like this.
  10. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

I was a bit surprised by what the errands were when I saw them, but don't mind the format right now anyway. Another game I play has daily errands and because I'm stuck waiting on their next big update to be released the errands have been driving me batty. They're so boring and repetitive and easy enough to do alongside normal gameplay, but on their own they really do just feel like chores I do for the free coins that accumulate day by day.

But I agree something that helps keep you in the game while you wait for troops to recruit would be fun too. Maybe in a future update though, as that would be a lot more work I'm sure.

11. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

We do the nudging here @SaK. There is no need for you to talk to a forum member in that tone. If you are upset with the feature you can state your opinion here in a more respectful manner.

12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Are people reading the errands? Some of them are quite witty and funny.

13. OooooOOOOooooh! :D

14. Virus

Virus First Mate

Hmmmmm thats my basic thought about the errands. Does not do much for me to be honest. Hoping for new content, guild wars, king pirate etc.... Dont see me spend any time in these errands. It does help lower player though and again devs listened that it should be easier to get BP and exp

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

My primary complaint with the errands is that they don't offer much loot. When we we're going crazy on the forum pointing out to Midoki that loot was nerfed and we weren't able to gain enough gold for walls and grog to play at top levels; @Lynsey [Midoki] said, "don't worry, we're going to introduce revenue streams so you can earn resources."

Unfortunately, these new revenue streams are peanuts compared to what L10-11 walls cost and doesn't help the grog shortage up top. If the rewards were in the 100k territory I'd have nothing to complain. But atm these rewards are really more useful for noob players.

What about the experienced players. How are you going to relieve our issues?

Jij and Tiger Claw like this.
  16. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

They are getting better payouts as I complete them. People should at least give them a shot before throwing Midoki under the bus.

Christy and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  17. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'm not throwing Midoki under the bus. We're my comments not respectful? But I'm making a valid point that concerns me. So please sir, don't throw me under the bus for stating my opinion. Thank you.

A useful recommendation, perhaps the errands should pay out more based on PH level. The current payouts I've seen are worthwhile for PH 1-2. By the time you reach PH 8 they are just not helpful. That is my experience.

18. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Not directed at you, but the thread, and errands in general as the day goes along and I'm doing more of them. The OP was the first bus thrower very shortly after the update and certainly did/could not have given them a try at all.

19. Burnz

Burnz Captain

What really happened with the last update is they reduced the amount of BP you can get by beating a lower level Pirate Hall. That is all. You 3 star an equal level PH, you still get near to what you got before. One extreme example of BP farming was back in the day, some players would drop to 1 or close near there and would farm bp off of bases that were sooo easy to beat and still get 18-20 bp, whilst using as few troops as possible. I'll admit, I farmed around 500bp that way, but it was boring, so I left it for the bases that had rivers of gold.

Regarding, your gold/grog comment, if you fight the same PH, there are still bases that hold 1,000,000+ of each resource. I was hitting them last week. Similar to the BP farming, they reduced the amount you could steal off of weaker bases.

20. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Bingo! ;) This is something for Android users to catch up. Think of how much BP they would need right now starting the game to get to where Apple players are. Just look at all of the BP that was needed just with PH8 buildings this last update! :eek:

But nothing is for free in life! So if new users are now getting free BP to build, imagine how much BP we are all going to need when the next PH update comes out. Better get to fishing those Bigger Fish ASAP! :p

Tex likes this.