Boring Errands...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaK, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

We aren't playing My Little Pony Adventure Island? J/k. I guess we are looking at it differently. For you, going all day and only finding a few isn't that great. For me, going out and finding one is awesome.

Tikigirl likes this.
  2. SaK

SaK First Mate

Look at ur response first...then you will understand who was rude!i just continued...

3. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Not even gonna comment on that.

4. SaK

SaK First Mate

U should have done it from the beginning...good choice

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

back on topic...

I just find it funny that most of these errands give less loot than my non-maxed collectors would give in the same time period.

Tex likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

Captains give orders. Errands should be reserved for cabin boys.

7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Every time I have tried to help you, you have been rude, very rude, and ungrateful. Have fun farming and complaining.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Tikigirl likes this.
  8. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Your postings, especially in this thread, are continuing to provoke and be disrespectful towards other forum members. Please stay on topic with your initial discussion in mind. If you chose to continue in this manner you will receive warning points and the implied consequences. I suggest you take a deep breath before pressing the "Post Reply" button and reflect a brief moment about what you want to say and how you are saying it.

9. Shrink

Shrink Powder Monkey

If I missed it in the last four pages of text, oops. But I think that the way that you accept and start an errand is kind of strange. For some reason, I just feel like the button shouldn't just say OK to start an errand. Midoki is pretty damn creative. I'd expect something more along the lines of Set Out!, Get to Work!, or even Grab that Booty!

Just having fun :p

10. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Agreed! *writes it down in his little notebook*

Cocobean, Virus, Ian and 2 others like this.
  11. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I think the solution to the Errands problem is solved rather simply. If you don't like them, don't do them. They are not a requirement for progression in the game, they are an added bonus given to us by the Midoki Devs. As I have said in other threads, some people seem to feel that life revolves around them and any new content should be geared towards their needs and desires. But a wide range of people play this game with various likes and dislikes. Errands may be a welcome addition to many who play, especially newer players. I have no issue with people saying Errands is not their thing, or pointing out they wish the Devs had concentrated on other issues they felt were more important from their perspective. But please, show some class in how you present your perspective.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Cocobean, *Cap'n Sparkle* and Burnz like this.
  12. Spöket

Spöket Powder Monkey

You get better and better prices the more errands you do. It is already getting to be interesting.

13. I've found the same ones coming back around with no increase in loot : (

Evil Rastlin likes this.
  14. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

I think it's a bit like the collector spots on the map—the cheaper ones regenerate more quickly and the ones with a better payout pop up maybe once a day. The biggest payouts I've had are still under 20k gold/grog and around 100 ep/bp. Has anyone had higher?

15. Spöket

Spöket Powder Monkey

I have seen the same size as you. I try to go for the 1 hour errands with four crew members participating. I have neglected the grogg ones a bit and they are still smaller for me. Seems regeneration is based on what you have been doing previously when it Comes to size of bounty.

16. Sigrid

Sigrid Crew

Oh dear...now I have more errands to add to my "to do" list. :p

17. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

I know what you mean, the rewards are lackluster, and they are just a click and go type of thing that adds no real gameplay.

But admit it- you DID have a slight hint of entertainment reading the errand descriptions lol.
    Also don't forget, though the rewards kinda suck for us they, are huge for the new players 10k grog and gold from 1.5hrs.
    Instead of a useless feature i'd like to think of it as, 'Geared for the noobs'

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  18. Winter Is Coming

Winter Is Coming Powder Monkey

Read all the posts and my conclusion is, meh whatever. The errands are amusing to read and the fact that the rewards are small is compensated for by the fact they don't take long. I for one was amused to find out the 'character' names. However I was bemused by seeing them wandering around my island when I thought they were busy doing errands... :)

19. Coochie

Coochie Powder Monkey

I enjoy the errands but I think what a few are getting at (me included) is that more was expected i.e. Interactive errands but I think these will be developed into something more. I was quite frustrated after seeing the sneak peak and then experiencing the actual errands but to be fair updates seem to happen quite often in this game and releasing brand new content all the time would be very time consuming and would mean the end game would happen a lot sooner which would be dull.

Midoki seem to listen, interact and have much more respect for their players than that other popular base game so I am thankful for that. Plus they are a British company which always sits well with me, since we are the best . I find it difficult not to criticise on games such as these (mostly because of the poor service off that other game I mentioned) but I find myself holding back for the reasons stated above. I am not a 'fanboy' or such like, I have been playing for over 4 months and consider my base quite well developed and have reserved posting so far as to form a more informed opinion of Midoki and their front of house staff. After reading up on them they seem to be genuinely interested in the player and not just money.

To sum up on my lengthy first post I was disappointed on the last update but I think it's part and parcel of the game, not everyone can be pleased. I have faith Midoki will bring out future updates that higher players can take advantage of as I think they know quite a few of us are (near) maxed. I have faith at the moment but as is the nature of these games that faith is easily wavered. Let's just hope Midoki keep up the trend they are on and not revert to the money grabbing b*tards that that other base game has become.

If you have read this I appreciate it and I promise to possibly maybe not make my future posts this long .

Peace.

20. Ian

Ian Commodore

Great 1st post @Coochie welcome to the Forum...

Coochie likes this.