Boring Errands...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaK, Apr 16, 2015.

1. There was a Monkey Island reference in one of the errands. Made my day...

2. ^ Best comment in this thread in my opinion.^

I believe they are working on lots of great stuff including guild wars, hero's etc etc. But if this update was released without the errands you probably would have complained even more because it didn't add any new content. Well now they did add a new feature to the game. Is it a big one? No, but in my opinion it's good enough, and I don't know about you, but i'm still busy with the previous patch and getting everything maxed.

Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen a piece of software that is bugfree? Even beta tested software still contains bugs. It's part of software development. You always keep on learning as a developer.
    And sure they can let people beta test is to have some bugs fixed before a global release. But guess who will be complaining on the here then because it takes so long before new content is released?

See my first quote of your post. Same thing, same argument

1. people asked to make the game more challenging, so Midoki buffed up the defenses, maybe a bit too much. But that was fixed with the 1.7.1 patch
    2. see my first quote of your post same thing same argument, seems like you are repeating yourself to make you point seem bigger..(?)
    3. the last two updates? We received great new content in the last two updates, all ideas that either found it's origin here or on the Midoki drawing table.
    What we got:
    - Errands
    - Better AI
    - auto reporting divergent replays so the replays can become even more accurate
    - Guild ship
    - Very wanted guild features such as seeing who kicked who etc
    All those features are very welcome in my eyes.

Long post. Might be a bit frustrated people always seem to complain. Maybe look a bit more on the bright side people?

3. SaK

SaK First Mate

Do u understand english my fellow mate...

I SAID ITS BORING TO DO THE EXPLORATION JUST WITH A BUTTON CLICK.
    its a a passive thing, no user interference. Thts y i wrote. I would rather like to fight or i dont know what to get those rewards. ( holy mad world).

Does that mean i didnt even try it out or dislike it?

Jij likes this.
  4. SaK

SaK First Mate

Good to know tht.
    Hein? It was unrespectful? Didnt realise...will look closely next time.

5. Jij

Jij Crew

Burnz, we must be playing a different game because the slow down is much more drastic for me. I can go all day long and only find a few island that offer 1Mil gold or grog at any lvl. Before the update I would find at lease 10 times as many.

Who cares what lvl they were. Like all of us, I was a noob at the game, people plundered me in the beginning, I survived and prospered in the game. So I don't buy this whole let's protect the little guy reason for nerfing the game. All I know is that this game was a lot more fun b4 they slowed it down. We are Pirates in the game , we were actually plundering and destroying villages most of the time. Big villages, helpless little villages, that's what pirates do. Now we are relegated to hitting that next button over and over again until we find a island worth battling.

Oh but now we have errands to run. Fun times ahead ...NOT!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Evil Rastlin, Tex and SaK like this.
  6. Jij

Jij Crew

SaK, are you saying you would prefer to do battle in order to earn the majority of your battle points?
    Hmmm what an interesting concept, battling being the primary source of earning battle points. Not fishing, which is just waiting, because you don't actually fish, and not running errands.

I know this may sound radical but Rovio, why don't you look into this? Battling for battle points, I like it.

SaK likes this.
  7. SaK

SaK First Mate

Where? Where? Where?

U must be in the space and playing alone there.

8. SaK

SaK First Mate

I dont know...but i wanted my real interference in that...maybe like...like we attack other pirates with our troops...i would like such same thing with those islanders whom im sending to earn those BP.or i dont know what but All i wanted is my real interference in it...not just clicking a button to earn it...its very passive and boring.

And yes...battling for earning BP is not a abad idea at all...

9. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

No shortage of PH7 and 8 bases with garbage walls and defence and lots of loot. Our guild is finding lots of them. Maybe you two need to adjust your game play.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I'm in two clans and the PH8s are finding plenty of loot in the 150-350 pr range. Like 600-1 Mil each kind. In my experience they are early or premature PH8s but who cares?

Christy and Salty Snack like this.
  11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

And if you are bored, come on up. Certainly not boring on the leaderboard, and I don't believe I've seen you up here yet. Once you have played for rank pretty much everything else in the game becomes rather boring.

Christy and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

I do think it would be cool to have quests or errands like "Win an attack with just bombers"

Evil Rastlin and Burnz like this.
  13. Tex

Tex Commodore

Well @SaK probably could have stated his original opinion in a more respectful manner. But I can certainly see his point. Running errands for earning the equivalent of recycling cans, and in a passive manner, where you just click a button and wait a few hours is...well...boring. The only thing more boring I could imagine is the job of the Midoki employee assigned to come up with all these witty tasks over and over again. I can already imagine come Christmas time, let's help wrap presents for all the Pirates to earn 2 gems. Let's make a ginger bread house for 50 BP.

Again, sorry to be blunt, but this is boring. I think the concept of earning and doing additional quests is awesome! But I would've much rather waited until it could be deployed in a more enjoyable, active manner. Perhaps a game within a game, while waiting for pirates to bake. Heck I would've been much happier if they just rebuilt some of the island battles until they had time time to roll out a new map. Or give us some gem mines on the ocean map. Maybe beef up the fishing rewards.

Now I dislike being this forward, but many forum members do act like Midoki apologists at times. I mean that in as respectful of a manner as I can put it. Please don't go out of your way to crush me for the comment. But if you really want this to be a forum where a user can air his opinion, whether you agree with it or not, then let it be.

Evil Rastlin and SaK like this.
  14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

@Tex I get your point about finding the errands boring. But I'm putting myself in my PH 1-5 shoes and some of these freebies would have been sorely welcomed. I agree it doesn't benefit the PH 7s and 8s a whole lot.

Tex likes this.
  15. Tex

Tex Commodore

Playing for rank is enjoyable. But gaining enough grog to keep the engine running is the problem. If you are the best player in the game and win most of your battles you will disagree. But the only way to become better is by playing and losing until you figure it out. And you cannot afford to lose but a battle or two before grog runs dry.

Salty Snack likes this.
  16. SaK

SaK First Mate

Where did i tell i dont find loot..i said i dont find 1000000+K both...its just not believable nowadays.

Pls read it well before commenting! Maybe u need to change ur glasses.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I like the concept of the errands. And they will be nice for lower-level players, but they really need to add some higher-level ones, or have certain errand lists for each PH level. And while they're at it, alter or do away with the ones that have insignificant rewards. For example, here's a few that are useless, especially for anyone who's been playing more than, well, a day:

Hide and Sneak: 1,429 Gold/Grog
    Harvester of Tallow: 7,350 Grog
    Diva Fever: 1,838 Gold/Grog

I love the concept, and the ones with EP/BP and higher gold/grog are great. A+ for those, but Midoki really needs to rethink the abundance of useless low gold/grog rewards here and on the exploration map. These require a ton of tapping for no significant benefit whatsoever. They're just annoyances, not rewards.

These should give no less than 25-50k of a resource, and I wouldn't mind seeing some gem rewards scattered in, as well. Those are also lacking.

Tex likes this.
  18. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Sak, I'll admit, I worded it poorly. I meant 1mil of either each, gold or grog. But, I have found that those bases that reach 1 mil of 1 resource usually have a high amount of the other resource. But nevertheless, anyone saving up for the PH8 upgrade, some of the upper level pirate trainings, etc., those bases are offering 1mil+ of whatever resource it would be.

SaK likes this.
  19. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

i did read and I am talking about 1M plus gold and or Grog. They are there. Maybe you expect from every base? Try nexting more? I'm trying to help and do not appreciate your rudeness.

20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I'm aware of this. Not my first time playing on the LB. I've learned from previous high play and can float ~2M grog. And yes, those 49% losses hurt.