Bye bye Midoki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabiyau, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

i leave the game, after 2 years playing, PP become a a lack of support and 0 trade with the community. Midoki is the worst company that I know in this two points. Is a really bad end for a game with some fantastic players, but Midoki is disappointed, absent, clumsy and stagnant. My days supporting this game are over.

Lady McBeth and cmooneey like this.
  2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I'm giving them a few months of overbearing-oversight-independence to see what they can do now that their wings aren't closely clipped. Looking forward to return of the wow factor....:p:rolleyes::oops:

3. Floki

Floki Captain

I would just love an answer or communication anything really

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I always enjoy seeing those who announce their good byes, and wonder what they expect in doing so. A parting gift from Midoki? Going away party from fellow players? Personal invites from competing game developers?

5. Floki

Floki Captain

Just voicing their displeasure and it should be worrying as for everyone that voices there is prob a hundred that are not!

6. Odog-ethan

Odog-ethan Crew

Most good companies care about a few important details. Customer acquisition cost is one. Customer retention is another, if this is low often they will try to survey thier customers and find the reason why they left. By stating why they leave people simply elimanate the guessing part for midoki. while you might not use the same exact words as he did. It's pretty clear he's not alone on his feelings. Me personally doubt that midoki reads this stuff. Which I can understand as maybe thier too busy. However if they ever wonder in hindsight why the game failed after such a good start all they have to do is go back read the forum some and the answers will be clear. Maybe for the next game they will put this information to use. I heard rumors they used to talk to some captains of big guilds to run ideas by and such this seemed to be a good step no idea if they still do that if so maybe they need to add some new captains that reflect more attitudes of the average player or maybe just listen to the ones they have

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I think Midoki understands very well the number of players leaving, and the number of less active players, across all PH levels. They also are aware of the many reasons players leave. Doubt if those numbers are much of a mystery. While I hate to see old time players leave, I understand it is the natural progression in these types of games. I also understand players getting online, voicing frustration, and announcing they are leaving. After devoting so much time, energy and money into a game, it is very difficult to severe ties. Players have a huge emotional investment in these games that are difficult to let go off. Just that I've seen too many get on this forum and elsewhere, announcing their good byes, only to later return. I admire those who say their good byes quietly and privately to friends, then leave silently. Making us wonder what ever happened to them and holding out hope they might one day return. While a great many fall into such a category, Skye is one that comes to mind at this moment.

8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

This game has been very great. I've seen many come and go, some a surprise some not. If it ever does dwindle down I may still keep playing, it just won't be as full of hype and the rumble match times may take longer with fewer players. I'll with out a doubt truly miss every player that has moved on. Even though this is "just a game" the community is really tight knit. Yes, it would be extraordinary of Midoki made a comeback and we had developers that immersed themselves once more like Lindsay used to.

9. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I do believe that midoki is fully aware of the current situation, and I think they do actually read the forums. As for being in contact with guild captains, I don't really know.

10. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I thought by now some communication would happen, but it has not.

I had to stop being captain at Wild Piggies because of my intense hatred for the rumble system (well documented).

So now I am just checking into the game and doing a lot less than before. I am sure over time the check-ins will get fewer and fewer.

I see no reason to spend any more money trying to revive this game when the developers won't communicate anything to their customers.

Lady McBeth likes this.
  11. Lady McBeth

Lady McBeth Powder Monkey

This game is abandoned, and this is a feeling of a lot of people, if you read the forums these last months you can see a lot of people claiming some changes, information or something, but the politic of Midoki is suicide and very disappointed. In the Present day every company's try to keep some contact with people... we are still waiting...:(:confused:

Colonel Forbin and Sea Patriot like this.
  12. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

13. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

If they still put missing peoples faces on milk cartons does anyone have Chris or Lynsey's pictures? :confused:

Tifosa, Morgan Ford and Lady McBeth like this.
  14. I think Lynsey is out on maternity leave- if that is the case she could be out for several more months. I think UK maternity leave is 12 months.

15. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

I'm newer to the game of pirates, only playing for about year and a half. I've enjoyed the game so far but I must admit sometimes it's difficult to remain unaffected by the increasing negativity.:confused: I do wonder if Midoki developers/staff invest anytime reviewing the forum they created?:eek: I know other game forums use moderators to keep players informed about any future changes! I think this could possibly help answer the many questions that seem to continuously go unanswered.:rolleyes: I'm going to remain positive and give Midoki a chance to create new upgrades, new events and add new/improved pirates!!:)

MorganFlint and Sea Patriot like this.
  16. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Lyndsey will be returning in march or April I believe. In her absence Chris moderates the forums. He does appearently take note of the posts, so midoki is well aware of what's going on, but since he has been working both his job, and Lyndsey's he's not super active. I think we will see more transparency once Lyndsey returns

peg-brain bob likes this.
  17. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

But last I checked, Lyndsay wasn't listed as one of the staff on the website

18. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Yes she is. She was always the main staff member on the forums

19. Lady McBeth

La
    Do you think Midoki understand very well the situation?:eek::confused:
    Do you admire who leaves the game with no bad comments?o_Oo_O
    Do you think PP is a kind of church or something?:cool:
    People are tired, and the developers disappear, you can be positive like all your post, but this is not to be positive, is to be blind. No news is not good news. OMG :confused::confused::eek::eek:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. Lady McBeth

Your arguments are rather poor. You dedicate yourself to laugh and defend the indefensible, you do not make a constructive criticism, you just say that it is there company and that everything is good, but the reality is that it is a huge disaster they have in the forums. Many people leave the boat, I prefer to give my opinion based on the work they have done with PP in the last months, that is, nothing.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    K.K.Lassig likes this.