Bye bye Midoki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabiyau, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

It seems that communication would be in their best interest, but I guess they have made their decision and we need to make ours.

It was mostly fun. (except for rumbles, that was always a stupid design) ;)

Lady McBeth likes this.
  2. Lady McBeth

Lady McBeth Powder Monkey

:(:(:mad::mad::mad::(:(
    Sure!
    Thanks for all! :cool: There is another games with a decent support, not like this ****
    I leave the game, waiting some news from Midoki with the forums in fire this last months for nothing, "be patient" and good luck ;)

3. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I'll have to be honest. I have tried to stay positive as well, but I'm beginning to feel the same way. What game company doesn't release spoilers, screenshots or even a little hint as to what's coming? I have tried to remain positive and patient but I am feeling the same way. The December update was truely make or break imo and unfortunately it was break. The veterans are leaving by the numbers now and I'm about ready to join them. I was really hoping for a update in Feb, but we haven't got one. How many months has it been since we last got new upgrades? Around 6 I think, which is absolutely unheard of. Even a game like minecraft (which is nutorious for the extremely long gaps between development versions gets updated more often)

Mobotts likes this.
  4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I respect the right of those who are worried by lack of news to express their opinions...
    that said (for the benefit of newer players)...

Midoki have never been much in the habit of releasing teasers/spoilers until each update has passed QA/been approved by Apple - to ensure they don't excite people and then disappoint them by not delivering.

My patience is apparently quite a bit stronger than some (mind you troop training & wall building takes me forever). :p

I have yet to be disappointed by an update & am quite sure that whenever the next one arrives, my addiction will continue to be sated! :D

bucket, Ian, Cap'n Flyht and 5 others like this.
  5. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

6. Keena-CBD

Keena-CBD First Mate

Tifosa likes this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

Despite the negative comments and while I can't defend the silence.. I too still enjoy the game and fully active, despite having Max'd everything except my LP's. There is still lots to be said for the solid company of our friends and the enthusiasm of new Pirates learning the ropes. Regardless of everything that has been said, I and many others will be here for some time yet.

peg-brain bob and MorganFlint like this.
  8. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I fully agree with Ian. While I say that it is hard to remain positive about the game and midokis interaction with their customers, I will still be playing the game for some time and I don't think the game will every truely die, especially of the start advertising (which I hope they do)

peg-brain bob likes this.
  9. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Dead horse? Has anyone seen the dead horses on the forum? Hey, looking for dead horses here on the forum......Midoki have you seen the dead horses? MIdoki, there seems to be herd of dead horse threads that were beaten to death on the forum with your name on them MIdoki!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  10. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Play or don't play no one cares! Not even MIdoki.

For those looking for a new game check out Rogue Assult or Swamp Attack. I ran across them while watching PP ads. Thanks for the lead Midoki! They both are reasonably entertaining.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. Floki

Floki Captain

Dead horse is something you put on a meat pie here in Horstralia.:p

12. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We do realise that it has been quiet on the news front, but as @peg-brain bob pointed out, releasing teasers and news ahead of an update yet to be approved can be highly dangerous and not something we normally do. Rather than disappointing players with news about features that then fail to emerge, not always something we can control I may add, we prefer to have the content guaranteed before talking about it.

That said, as I am sure you're all aware 2017 is a little different for Midoki/Plunder Pirates.

We have spent the last couple of weeks planning out the release schedule for the year, with content and dates we believe are achievable, hopefully ticking the boxes of new content and features players have been requesting.

So as of next week we'll start announcing some of this new content for the next update (currently planned for March 15th/16th).

As I have said on numerous occasions we do read everything that is posted here, but unfortunately do not always have time to respond. If you don't feel you are being listened to then that is unfortunate and we can only apologise.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

peg-brain bob and Scarlet Fever like this.
  14. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

This is some really awesome news chris! Thanks for replying to my post. Glad to see you have a bunch of targets for the year. Really exciting to hear!!!

15. Madhouse

Madhouse Crew

Great news:D thnks Chris

Tiger Lilly and peg-brain bob like this.
  16. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Really pleased to hear this @Chris [Midoki].

To anyone that feels they are on the verge of leaving the game....please, just hang-on that little bit longer!!!

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that something is at least in the works. It is most appreciated and hopefully, it didn't take too much out of your busy schedule to do so.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  18. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Thank you for taking the time to announce this Chris, great news :)

19. TTFN

TTFN Crew

That's awesome news. Thanx Chris!!

Tiger Lilly and peg-brain bob like this.
  20. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Vague, yet hopefully informative. I promise not to compare MIdoki to Hello Games for now. All we want is a teasy tweak once in a while. Well done! Everyone should have warm fuzzies.

Now stop sniveling!