Bye bye Midoki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabiyau, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I believe @Spongee has always given positive and accurate feedback whenever another player has a question or vented on the forums. It appears you haven't played the game as long as much of us have maybe that's where your negativity is coming from @Lady McBeth . Spongee is a very loyal member of this community and very helpful. Although I've never spent much time with him in a guild I can tell that he is a very positive person and has a lot of passion for this game.

Cocobean, Mobotts and peg-brain bob like this.
  2. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Well it's a bit odd being that she is a senior designer and not listed on the BOD on the website and Chris is on there, anywhoo no worries

3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

To the first post.

Yes
    Yes
    No
    I just don't understand the whining. Reminds me of self-centered children who've been entitled by their parents. I can understand making a statement one time to express your opinion, and I will accept that as constructive criticism. But to repeat the same thing over and over... How does the saying go? Doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result... I'm sure people can justify their repeated negative postings in their own mind, as their own self-importance will never allow them to step back and see themselves as others see them. But for others, these postings give insight into our inherent nature. If I was as unhappy as some on here appear to me, I would've left the game long ago. To continue playing a game one so apparently abhors just seems masochistic.

As for the work of the past few months, think it has been clearly explained by Midoki and elaborated on by others. For anyone from Midoki to get on and repeat themselves will serve no useful purpose. If people were not happy with the explanation the first time, they will not be happy with the same explanation repeated. I would rather Chris spend his time handling the development aspect of the game rather than wasting time repeating himself on the forum attempting to placate those with inherent negative attitudes that will not change, except maybe for a short time.

Normally I would refrain from making such a post, but I am sick and feeling like crap. So my self restraint is lacking and my attitude is reflective of my feelings of malaise and overall discomfort.

4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Sea Patriot if you look closely, only the people who wear a directors hat appear on the website... anyone else (however critical to PP they may be) are ignored. :eek:

Of course you need only look at who tops the 'most likes' leaderboard to see which staff member 'the community' believes is also critical! :):D

Tiger Lilly and Sea Patriot like this.
  5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Midoki will bring us new content. Some just may not be patient enough. I recommend that everyone spend some time in a guild with Spongee.

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

:confused: I'm sure LMF just means the ones currently frustrated or hostile towards the game.

Tessa Rose and Keena-CBD like this.
  7. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

There are some players who still have direct contact with midoki I believe. Spongee may be one of these players, if so mayb he knows that the devs are indeed aware of the situation, but they r just being quiet.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Is Spongee in Laughjng Skulls?

9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Don't you know, don't you know, some day someone is gonna make you turn around and say good bye, say good bye, just holllld on, hold on for one more day.

10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I don't know who sings that but I'll let them do that, hahah

11. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I think so. @Spongee where u at?

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I don't have any special direct contact with Midoki that others don't also have. Several of us long time players are in a private slack group together, where we share thoughts and ideas with each other. There may be a Midoki employee or two who might sometimes spy or join the conversation. But the same could also be said for PPBay, Bacon chat, Midnight Alliance chat, TheeBar chat, etc... (In the past Chris, Dan and others visited PPBay watching the conversation, and also interacting with other players). Remember, most Midoki employees do play the game. Some are spread out in different guilds. Most of them are unknown and fly completely under the radar (I know three of their game alias'). They might be your alliance buddy you've been chatting with almost daily since the official launch date. They might be that attacker you laugh at who can never 3 star a base (yet in reality can 3 star any and every base). Yes, Midoki is well aware of what is happening in the game, in the guilds, and in chat channels both public and private. Or so, that is what I personally believe. I could be completely wrong, but doubt it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

To answer the question, I do currently have an account in Laughing Skulls. It is not very active. Hence, why it cannot be found.

14. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Very smart thinking Spongee, like that old saying goes "you never know who you're talking too" Speaking of which, I think @Floki and @flyingdoucheman are Midoki spies, lol just kidding guys

15. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I think @flyingdoucheman is actually Chris, playing the part of the last person you would suspect. He does move around between guilds often, and active in most chats. Granted, I know nothing could be further from the truth, but that's the rumor I'm starting and sticking to it :cool:

16. @flyingdoucheman = Chris would make a lot of sense. How many of you have a slack avatar or a signature that FDM provided? I know he gave me a few and Chris is an artist ;)
    oh crap! I posted to the wrong thread. I thought this was Conspiracy Theories

17. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Lol, @Captain Bolt , I'm just a pirate like You. :D Thx for the artistic nod tho. Appreci8 it. FD⚜️

Tifosa, Keena-CBD, Mobotts and 2 others like this.
  18. Ahh but you would say that now wouldn't you Chr.. er I mean flyingdoucheman

19. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I think that the bottom line is many of us "senior" players are quite frustrated. I have attempted to remain positive for as long as possible in hopes that the split from Rovio will prove beneficial, but still nothing. I appreciate that Midoki is a small company and has limited resources, but it would be great to see some sort of news or teaser about something coming to try and keep us loyal players on board. I know too many folks who have given up waiting and moved on, and would hate to see the game die because of it.

20. Lady McBeth

Lady McBeth Powder Monkey

There is no news since months, what kind of company can't say any news? Is really disappointed

Bjays92 and Super-Nor like this.