Coming up in Plunder Pirates...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 1, 2015.

1. you may or may not have made my day, hypothetically.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

That would be a truly horrific Halloween treat. Lol

3. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Do these changes mean that I will finally be granted the privilege of recruiting Ching Shih, or will I continue to see my frustration level increase week after week?

4. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

Any hints on how this might affect the role of minis?

5. John56

John56 First Mate

Hopefully it will render minis useless. If scoring is based on PH level and difficulty of the attack, hopefully PH9's will get 10-20 times the points that a PH2 would per successful attack.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  6. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

I hope these changes eliminate minis altogether.

HornyQuokka and John56 like this.
  7. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

That is my hope too but it would be nice to get some indication

8. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

well @Lynsey [Midoki] did say it would take into account build time and difficulty of higher level players to make attacks, I don't think we have long to wait, looks like there will be two updates but they way she's split up the hints

9. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] will the bug fixes include better stability on iOS 9? Many of us are really struggling to play with frequent freezing and crashing. Despite contacting support this is a big issue and it will make all of the extras worthwhile if you can fix the platform they are built on.

10. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Updating to IOS 9.0.1 and changing wallpaper from dynamic to still solved many of the crashes and freezes.

11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

When you say new exportation map, what happens to those that don't have 100% uncovered yet? Will the existing map just get bigger with a new faster longer range ship or will there some sort of second map deal?

Thanks for the sneak peak btw!!

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Shouldn't affect anyone who hasn't finished the first map. The way it's been hinted at before, It's an entirely new map you can buy/unlock/whatever.

Pure speculation here, but I'm guessing once you reach 100% on the first map, that will allow you to upgrade your ship to Level 6, which will allow you to access the new map.+

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] Can you give us a timeline on the update? I really need the map payouts to be tweaked, my hunt for Masks is getting ridiculous at this stage, I just can't get them, I'm stuck on level 7 with Annabelle, they are now the only item I hunt every day but I'm lucky if I get 1, just had another 12hr voyage with the Mighty Kraken & Merchant Ship fail to give me anything.

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Since update 2 is seasonal. I think it's safe to bet on both updates being released before Halloween.

15. awbo

awbo Captain

I reliably get masks from only one Mighty Kraken. Sorry I don't have the coords handy, but it's two locations seem to be due south, about 3 squares from the edge, and to the east adjacent to Oyster Cove. I get masks from it 9/10 times and sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

It seems some people get certain items easier than others, like a guy yesterday telling me he never gets Iron from the Crab, I get Iron every single time from the Crab, EVERY time. Masks seem to be the one I can't get, It's taken me over 2 weeks to get 10, there's only 3 Monsters/Ship you can get them from on the map, The 5 star Kraken (Orange), the 2 star Mighty Kraken (Green) & the 4 star Merchant Ship. I have never gotten more than 1 Mask from any of them, but most of the time I get noting. The easiest one, the 2 star Mighty Kraken pays out more often, which is the one thing I don't understand about this system Midoki has set up, the crappy Monsters/Ships pay better than the max star ones, it makes no sense whatsoever.

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Masks are my only hard item to get too.

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

This is highly reminiscent of my old thread showing how some people get WAY more BP than others. SInce then, many of the people who were getting tons of BP have had complete reversals. Now that this seems to be a thing with materials, I'm guessing that's because the existing code that determines drop rates for exploration rewards is still somewhat flaky.

19. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

20. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I get nice common material drops but garbage out of chests... what on earth...?