Coming up in Plunder Pirates...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 1, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep! The score will be as you left it, but any post-update battles will use the new scoring system, which should be a rather unpleasant revelation for guilds that rely on minis to do their scoring. ;)

awbo, Enuthral, JT07 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

3. JT07

JT07 Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] , cool! This is a very good news!
    My apologies if my earlier thread sounds antagonistic cuz that is not my intention of it.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Oh, not at all! It's a fair question. :)

5. Eros@AU

Eros@AU Crew

Access to fort still unavailable while fort been upgraded to next level ?

6. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Still? I could access my fort during upgrading already prior this update and i still can after.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Oh, and by the way - you may have noticed a change in the way the Legendary Pirate defensive buffs are displayed. They're still functionally the same as before, but the UI now displays their values correctly.

HornyQuokka and TBaggins like this.
  8. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] Can you explain how streaks are working? No one in my guild has seen anything yet. Do we have to gem recruitment? Stay on recruitment screen? Thanks!!

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

To stay in the streak you have to stay in the battle state, eg go straight from one battle into the next. You can do this by using the rehire and waiting for your troops to build, or by gemming to rush their recruitment.

10. John56

John56 First Mate

I ran up 12 victories, staying on Recruitment screen and gemming the troop time. You can change LP's from there, but cannot get more Guild Ship troops. It is also a bit lonely since you can't access chat.
    You can get defeated in battle and keep going, the streak stays alive. However, you get perks for winning, and rewards of chests at 5, 10 and 13 victories (don't have to be in a row, but in the same streak session). DJ chest at 5 and 13, and Merchant chest at 10.
    Just don't surrender; I believe that ends the streak. If you are losing, just let the timer run out or have all your troops die and you get the Defeat popup and you can continue.

11. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Thank you both for the info!

12. John56

John56 First Mate

Lynsey,
    Can you use the instant rehire button, then close the game and open again to the streak screen? Or does that end the streak and bring you back to the island screen?

13. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

So disappointed with this @Lynsey [Midoki]. Players who don't gem have no chance of streaking. Expecting a player to wait for 30m+ on the battle screen, continuously tapping the screen so it doesn't log out while troops recruit is unacceptable. And for those who do gem they are unable to get their Guild Ship filled!

On a more positive note, looks like the new Rumble points system is killing those minis!

14. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] Exploration times haven disappeared from the maps. Will they be returning? I like knowing how long my journey will take.

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Really? :/ Is anyone else having this - it seems fine on mine (currently sailing the Eastern Sea on my iPad, got 16 minutes 56 seconds left!).

16. Nil van de Beck

Nil van de Beck Powder Monkey

I like the new streak system but as mentioned above staying 20min or longer on the battle screen is a bit annoying, especially if you dont touch the phone or tablet frequently you will be kicked out by the game and the streak is away...
    Btw. could it bit that without the new ship travelling on the eastern sea is giving less ep than on the old map?

17. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

It shows the time once sailing of the current sailing location. But when plotting your initial course, the overall sailing time is gone. For me anyway.

18. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

why isnt there an AWESOME LIKE button when you need one......:)

Is there anyway to get the chat room put into that battle rebuild screen? It would help with passing the time if you are waiting and would keep the screen active.

19. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Yah, my eyes almost popped out when I saw 50k. I was like, wow, we are doing amazing! Setting records! And then that horrible feeling when you realize that its the new update...

Enuthral likes this.
  20. awbo

awbo Captain

Look at the very top centre of map