Errands - The Positive Thread :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *Cap'n Sparkle*, Apr 17, 2015.

1. I like the new addition of the errands. :D

I notice the other thread regarding errands was quite negative and I didn't want this kudos to get buried in it.

The errands weren't quite what I had envisioned from the teaser but I think they are great nonetheless.
    I will never turn down free BP and gems! :p
    Also, as I have been completing them, they seem to be giving much larger rewards. My last one completed populated a new 12-hour errand that will give 189 BP, 15 gems and 324 EP... all for doing nothing!! AND it still leaves 2 pirates free to complete other errands during the same time period.

My favorite part is the witty storylines that go with the errands. Some of them are actually quite funny and very relevant.
    Such as: It's the duty of our intrepid quartet to document any attacks on our island. Some pirates have complained that they're inaccurate - time to discuss new recording methods!
    This sounds familiar... I think us forum members are the ones they are talking about complaining about the inaccurate replays and pathing ;)

Thanks for errands! :)
    You can't please everyone but many are pleased. :D

2. Arr

Arr Captain

I like them mainly for the humor! True, errands could pay out a bit more for us big guys, though I'll always take the free stuff.

Here's a question for the Midoki folk (@Lynsey [Midoki] @AngryBeard @Chris [Midoki]) - The Warlock, Ian, from Fire Island. There was an errand to welcome this mysterious visitor to the island. Is Ian a Legendary Pirate? :) Maybe we'll see little hints here and there about upcoming features...

Also note that each NPC (non-playable character) represents an individual resource (thanks to Pezza from my crew for pointing this out):

Maria La Belle - Gold
    First Mate Bones - Grog
    Barrington Buildwright - BP
    Sir Henry Boggs - EP (Thanks @*Cap'n Sparkle*!)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Skull King and *Cap'n Sparkle* like this.
  3. @Arr thanks for pointing that out! I didn't notice they each represented a resource! Also, his name is Sir Henry Boggs :)

Arr likes this.
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

My opinion stands that errands are boring and irrelevant if you are a veteran player. If they are made
    "betterer", as Midoki likes to say, in the future my opinion of them might brighten, perhaps even sparkle. ;)

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Well Stated cap'n, I enjoy them while I'm waiting for recruits; and good to see a positive post.

*Cap'n Sparkle* and Arr like this.
  6. LOL I like that you threw in some sparkle! :p

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I don't think all veteran players think they are dull, however I will say that I would've found the errand rewards to be of greater use as a baby pirate just starting out and I'm sure they will be of great help to the new Android pirates.
    Also, I don't know if I qualify as a veteran player or not, but aside from walls I have a maxxed PH8 and have been playing since the US launch of PP and I still think that regardless, the stories can be humorous if nothing else :D

7. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Once again that nothing is for free in life. So the more BP they "offer" the higher the BP price will be later in new upgrades. So pick your gem package that comes with BP (first one starts at $19.99), or get to fishing big time now. ;)

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

This is a pirate game, correct? How about some real pirate shenannigans?

High Stakes Poker
    After a nice haul the boys sit down for a good time drinkin' and reminiscing over a game of no-limit hold 'em. Being the card shark you are you came out as the big winner!
    Prize: $100,000 Gold

Selling Secrets
    You are bartending in the tavern and overhear another crew talking about an easy score, just waiting to be plundered. You bring the information to the captain in exchange for a cut of the profits.
    Prize: 250,000 Grog

I had another good one featuring a brothel, but thought better of it. ;)
    With prizes like this I'd be a happy pirate.

One-Eyed Willy, Jij, Ian and 2 others like this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

You got gems?! :) I want some of those errands!

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Kelani one of the errands is 'Truely Outrageous' all four pirates go looking for hidden gems. Pay off: 25 gems.

Kelani and *Cap'n Sparkle* like this.
  11. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Somebody should calculate BP earned per hour. Is it better to fish for 15 or so hours for 500 BP or to do 10 mins errands for 30 BP? Figure you get 4 done an hour, 120 BP. 15 hours would give 1,800 BP. I think that beats fishing.

Also, you have no grog lost on crew. So, there is another saving.

12. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

I can fish a 4star Bigger Fish every 4 and half hours (upper part of the map). He normally gives me 500-700BP every time. I just log out and log back in after I kill him and comes right back.

Tex and Ian like this.
  13. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I'm sorry, errand are bloody stupid.

I will try and be positive though, they inspire another idea.....

Have fixed missions with fixed fleet (and call them errands and remove this garbage).

Eg. Hit base x, these are your troops, make it hard, you can't gem, you can't upgrade, is is skill or ability to assess troops available and base. Even better, use new troops before release to play with them.

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We have to be careful with the content of the errands because of Apple's guidelines - a few had to be removed/edited for that reason! Apparently having grog is fine, but explicitly referring to drunkeness isn't. ;)

Kelani, Arr and Jij like this.
  15. Ian

Ian Commodore

Thanks for pointing that out @Lynsey [Midoki] sometimes people don't realise there are many other fingers in the pie other than the developers and sometimes the obvious isn't always the easiest.

16. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Errands are a little boring but it is something a lot of ppl have been asking for. Which is something to do to pass the time while the troops are brewing

17. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I'm sorry, errand are bloody stupid.

I will try and be positive though, they inspire another idea.....

Have fixed missions with fixed fleet (and call them errands and remove this garbage).

Eg. Hit base x, these are your troops, make it hard, you can't gem, you can't upgrade, is is skill or ability to assess troops available and base.

so with apple you can't mention booze but presumably you can channel all you profits offshore via Ireland and maybe bvi.

18. the Hornet

the Hornet Powder Monkey

I like the errands. It's a simple distraction, something to do while waiting for the tavern to fill. Easy to get BP and a good way to help the lower level players catch up.

*Cap'n Sparkle* likes this.
  19. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I'm sure not going to complain. It's an added feature that I'm sure will benefit most at some point. It's also nice reading through some of the tasks, etc.

TiGeR

*Cap'n Sparkle* likes this.
  20. Ian

Ian Commodore

This one little side feature is certainly polarizing... Seems people either like it, or hate it.

Tiger Claw likes this.