Errands - The Positive Thread :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *Cap'n Sparkle*, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I'm thinking more that you get a loot bonus from a battle. Clash does this by league. Higher leagues have higher bonuses. Don't think Errands will serve that same purpose.

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Maybe the errands could factor in PR ranking, as a PH8 @ PR100 shouldn't get as higher return from the errands as a PH8 sitting at 800..

3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

This is a good idea.
    And this is even a better idea.

But I'm not here to complain about the errands, I enjoy them for what they are. I would have loved them when I was a lower PH and it seems that is who they serve the most.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

If the rewards are supposed to scale up, I don't think some of them are, namely the ones which give just one or two rewards. I'm PH8, and nearly all the errands I'm getting are 10-minutes and under, and those which give 1-2 rewards are providing less of a reward than a collector or my ship could generate in the same amount of time:

10 mins for 54 EP (Can get that in 48 seconds of sailing)
    5 mins for 817 grog (Can get that in 90 seconds from my collectors)

The rewards from errands 20 mins and up seem to be pretty nice, though. :)

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

These are meant more to help lower level players catch up, I think. Plus its a lot of BP when they can't start hitting 4* fish every 4 hours.

I really enjoy the descriptions. Reading them is my new favorite part of the game. @Lynsey [Midoki] I know this shouldn't be a priority, but how about a "completed" tab like the other quests, so we can go back and re-read all these clever stories you've spent so much time authoring :)

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The Errands recycle, so you'll see them again eventually! ;)

7. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Yeah I was trying to clear them and now see that they just recycle...So I am finally done wasting time on them. Thanks for confirming I am not going to to miss out on anything. ;)

8. Virus

Virus First Mate

I recycled the errands :D

9. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I am puzzled why some people are getting rewards of 25 gems and up to 300 BP/EP, while others are only getting max of 108 BP/EP and maybe 5 gems max. Both are same pirate hall level. I still appreciate them, the extra 600-700+ each of BP/EP they are providing a day is a nice added bonus.

Arr likes this.
  10. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

I would assume it is just like the Bigger Fish. Some get 200BP, and others get 2000BP. I see lot's of people have no problem finding 1 million loot bases, however I am not one of those people. The game is purely random.

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Just a guess, I think you have to take care of the longer ones (30+ minutes), to get those to show up. All the short duration ones I finished seemed to be replaced by more short duration ones.

12. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Have been doing both short and long duration errands. Still not exceeding 108 BP on any of them while other members have been getting higher rewards, or so they claim.

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'm wondering if the people reporting gem rewards are making it up or confusing the "gem finish" button with a reward. I have completed all the errands, including the long ones, and have yet to see any with gems. Can someone who actually is offered gems for an errand post a screenshot?

[​IMG]

14. Ian

Ian Commodore

Hi @Tex here is one I had..
    [​IMG]

Tex likes this.
  15. Tex

Tex Commodore

Thanks. Like the errand title says, it's "Truly Outrageous" that I haven't gotten that reward too. :confused:

16. This is one I received on Friday. I also had two more that had gems but they were small, like 6 gems or so along with other resources.

[​IMG]

17. Tex

Tex Commodore

I hope this isn't a bug like the one from fishing, where some people get nice rewards, like gems, and others don't. If I ever get a gem reward from errands I will update on this post.

18. It could be... The fish haven't given me 2000 BP in probably a month or so lol so maybe I'm getting gem errands instead?
    Also, some of my guild members have been doing errands religiously with no gem rewards yet either.

19. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

It is all random. Just like Bigger Fish (with some getting 200 BP and others getting 2,000 BP), and those that find 1 mill bases (I am NOT one of those people).

20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

No gems in errands for me yet either.