Errands - The Positive Thread :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *Cap'n Sparkle*, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Luqman

Luqman Crew

If you use new troops before they're released,you won't feel the new raid experience

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  2. the Hornet

the Hornet Powder Monkey

I have just got my first "free gems" errand. 6 gems after 20 minutes :)

*Cap'n Sparkle* likes this.
  3. Jij

Jij Crew

I know it's off topic but I find it both hilarious :D and sad :( that our current society's politically correct message to our children is that, it's ok to shoot, kill, blow things up and destroy villages but make sure you do it sober.

Strange times we live in.....Just saying :cool:

Ian, Tex and Chriscat like this.
  4. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

LOL. We now have two threads on errands, one intended to criticize and this one intended to compliment the errands. People seem to be confused as to which thread is which. If you don't like the errands, ignore them. I really don't understand why they are ticking so many people off. I've gotten hundreds of BP off them already, which is way more than my ship, which hasn't sailed in weeks. Sure, the 1k grog bonus doesn't help me, BUT IT WASN'T INTENDED TO BENEFIT ME AT PH 8. Android is about to flood this place, and I guarantee you they will love these freebies as they start out. Is it a challenging part of the game? Obviously not. IT WASN'T INTENDED TO BE. These little side ventures are intended to lighten the mood and encourage people to log on more often to restart quests. Why we feel compelled to criticize everything Midoki releases is beyond me. It's like people don't enjoy the game. If you don't enjoy the game, QUIT PLAYING. Sorry, I'm suffering from a kidney stone, so my mood isn't stellar. :D

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Now everyone, play nice! As I've mentioned before, not every player is going to love every feature or change we introduce, and everyone's entitled to their opinion - we welcome it, but preferably in a reasonably civilised manner. ;)

When we introduce features, we try to include ones that will be useful for a broad spectrum of players. Rest assured that there's more stuff coming - in fact, there have been suggestions made in both of the threads that are very similar to features already in development, which will be in addition to Errands - it's not an either or situation. Hopefully there will be enough stuff to keep all of our players happy.

Darth Yoda, Luqman, Jij and 7 others like this.
  6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Exactly! Every feature can't be for just the end gamers. Just like every feature can't be for the beginners.

Ian and Daddy P like this.
  7. Sigrid

Sigrid Crew

Maybe if it was Apple Cider

8. Sigrid

Sigrid Crew

btw, thanks for the task title. Now when the family asks what I'm doing, I can say, "I'm doing errands."

9. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I mean, seriously, how can you not appreciate this?

[​IMG]

Now that song is stuck in my head. Thanks a lot Midoki. :D

awbo likes this.
  10. Tex

Tex Commodore

This can easily be fixed by matching rewards to PH level. Provide a meaningful bonus to a PH 8 player and that will solve the complaints.

11. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

A plunder pirates forum fairytale.....

"BP is too hard to get...make it easier" they said.
    "Here have some BP for pushing a button" replied Midoki.
    "It's too easy" they grumbled. "Free BP sucks" :rolleyes:

(But it would have been more fun to have errands such as 'get 50% in a battle with no gunners' or something like that) ;)

12. Lynsey [Midoki]

That's not an errand, that's... something else.

[​IMG]

Skull King, Christy, Arr and 3 others like this.
  13. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Liking that reply ;)

14. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Smells like new achievements.

Arr likes this.
  15. The rewards definitely increase too. :) I have one currently that will provide 104 BP, 25,725 gold and 25,725 grog after an hour and a 45 minutes. Not bad. Much better than the payouts on the few minute errands.

Christy and Cocobean like this.
  16. Ian

Ian Commodore

:):):):):) My 'Quest' board is looking a little empty at the moment.

17. Jij

Jij Crew

@Tex stop it, you're making to much sense.

18. Jij

Jij Crew

Yes it is, it's called a challange and your actually getting loot for plundering and playing the game. That's keeping with the original game structure, the reason we all like the game and the direction I personally would like to see the game go.

PeaceāœŒ

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  19. Lynsey [Midoki]

The rewards do scale up with each PH level (or at least they're supposed to, I'll take a close look on Monday to make sure the correct values are going through). They're not supposed to be massive though, as a) they don't require a huge amount of effort and b) they can be done every couple of minutes.

20. Tex

Tex Commodore

Keep in mind @Lynsey [Midoki] when pushing to the 650+ range an army capable of taking down top level bases can cost 300k grog or more. Some of the bases you raid don't offer enough grog to break even, or worse you fail completely and wind up in the hole. The errand rewards for PH 7-8 should provide resources from 25k-200k IMO. That's not a lot when you take into consideration the cost of living up there. And L11 walls at $1.2M each, what good is $5k gold rewards.

Also, I would prefer fewer errands that pay more than a bunch of little ones. Maybe if you clear all the errands it takes a while for more to appear. Think of it like collecting resources from mines/distilleries. The annoying part of collecting is having the buttons appear when only a few hundred resources are ready. Most players prefer to collect less often when it means something. I'm happy you guys are actively reading our comments. Please fix these things and we'll keep buying gems to support the game.