[FAN GUIDE] Plunder Pirates - The General Tips & Tricks and FAQ Thread - Version 2.0.0 (Aug 21)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I just noticed this today and I wondered if anyone had an answer; If you send a full ship out to explore but full your tavern up while the ship is still at sea, do you get grog back when you select the pirate button over your ship at the end of your expedition? Sorry for the run-on sentence, but I had to be certain I got it all out

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I wonder that too, but I don't think that you get the grog back tbh ;(

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I just checked. You don't. Hardly seems fair. Couldn't we get at least half back @Chris [Midoki] ?
    [​IMG]

Edward Kenway likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

To clarify, I'm asking for half of the grog back, not half the Pirates. That would be bloody and messy.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

This has been covered on another thread, but just to re-iterate. If you want to move the pirates from the ship to the tavern (by tapping the pirate icon above the ship) just make sure the tavern has room for them.

If there isn't, you'll lose them and you'll get no grog back. So go on another voyage, or just leave them there until the Tavern is empty (after a multi player fight for example).

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This still doesn't tell me why I can't get some of that grog back. I'm asking for a percentage of the grog back because on more than one occasion I've tapped the pirate icon accidentally. Maybe if instead of getting grog back we were to get a confirmation message to let us know that pirates returning are more than space available? Also, how is it determined which pirates are returned if it's only a partial return?

7. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Just an update on my Guide, I sent the file to be looked at and can't wait to see it finally on the forums. It took a little longer that I thought it would, but that was a lot of work for one person but I feel it turned out great :D!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  8. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm certainly excited

9. thereaper33

thereaper33 Powder Monkey

Thanks for all the hints and tips. It's a great guide and I shall be directing new members to the guild this way to educate them (so I don't need to)

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Thx for your support @thereaper33 :) Glad i could help

11. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Well another Guide Update. I sent the file to Chris and apparently they have to talk to Rovio about it being hosted, I'm guessing due to the sheer size. I sent a revised copy and told him to just go ahead and for now post it under the Resources section just to get it out there for others because I keep seeing questions I've already answered in it. So for now I play the waiting game and see what happens.

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Just in case it isn't obvious; thank you for taking the time to do this. I hope they pay you a bunch of gems for this :) or name a pirate after you.

13. VagrantHarmonist

VagrantHarmonist Powder Monkey

Wow thanks so much!! Just started playing this week so it's nice to see some of the little details fleshed out :)

14. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Very nice guide! I have been playing since the US release and figured out some of it, but every tip helps!

15. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

At least a warning would be nice. Arrggh, you are about to send # pirates to Davy Jones Locker - Are you sure (I don't remember if there was a warning in the beginning. I wasted a lot of pirates before I figured this out.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

As did I....those poor lost souls

17. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

Pirate Captains can easily say "Goodbye mate. . .":)

18. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Kraken food

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain