GET YOUR MINIS NOW EVERYBODY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juggernaut, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Not speaking for my guild but we just had a rumble with PUz and I lost interest in the "who can gem the most" sort of rumble.

T******e Beard, Tikigirl, Ian and 2 others like this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm pretty sure the whole guild is right there with you.

Tikigirl and Bear like this.
  3. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

Same here. I look at the stats, see obvious evidence of gemming (10 plunders in 3 hrs) and lose interest in the rumble straightaway.

4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

A shame, it is really fun when a tough match encourages several members to fight for the win by gemming, and the chat is flooded with guild ship requests from those gemming and the odd remark and replay share for the non-gemmers in the final hour or two. We had such a match against Plank Divers recently and it was great fun for both sides regardless of who won. A while ago we lost such a one against Vietnam.TOP, and it was great fun too although we lost. We only have a couple members who buy gems so it's not a big thing but in those rumbles anyone who had any gems enjoyed spending them.

We battled PUx but sadly it was immediately after the rumble against PD, so we were exhausted and the guild didn't really try to win. I don't think we actually could have but I wish we would have tried. I am sure another opportunity will present itself in the future.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

if i had the money to burn i'd likely gem like a mofo. Alas, I do not and rely solely on the gems gleaned from rumbles to pay for my next rumble. Some times the magic works, and some times it doesn't

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

+ 1 here, I'm with you on that point. Rumbles should not be judged on who's got the deepest pockets...

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Soooo.....no way we can defeat this current 13 person(?) guild with their technique. At last check, their top player has 223 battles fought as a PH3. This strategy is not fun for us at all.

[​IMG]

Tikigirl likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. No Bueno

9. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

Their guild's name means 'relax a little'. The Chinese players have money to burn. Gemming is a great shortcut for them. It fits perfectly with their culture. Midoki are absolutely making mega bucks from the Chinese players. It's no wonder the new PH has a dragon on its roof.

Honestbob456 and Tikigirl like this.
  10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Too true. If it were my company I'd do the same. Still - and I realize the possibility of this happening is slim to none - a matchmaking algorithm that learns a guild's rumble style and matches with like guilds of the same size would increase player satisfaction. Alas, the math and processing power needed to do this across so many guilds would bankrupt Bill Gates

11. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Gemming when playing is just a personal option, $20 worth of gem can last you a whole month, some people smokes more than that every day and is there choice too, I burn $20 a month in my gaming experience, please don't hate me for that. You could do the same if you really wanted to

Raptelan likes this.
  12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I don't hate you for it, and you're right, I could. But if I'm matched in a rumble against a guild of heavy gem users, what's the point in playing?

BB-8 likes this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed. You play the way that brings you the most enjoyment. Just because I don't like the way you play doesn't equal hating you as a person.

BB-8 and Gangrene Beard like this.
  14. Ian

Ian Commodore

Whilst I am not against gemming, the scale that some of these members are prepared to go (to Midoki's benefit) is off the scale and makes the game pointless. If they really want it that badly, they can have it.
    Am more that happy to be in a guild with 45-50 friendly active players all contributing a fair share (with/without gems); than be in a guild (of 50) with only 5 active member with deep pockets.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Gangrene Beard and BB-8 like this.
  15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Agreed whole heartedly.

16. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

I respect your guys points of view, a lot of players in PU decides not to gem and we respect that too, I was in the Royal Fumble and it's really fun when you face another guild with the same fire power, it comes down to the players and how active your members are, hopefully one day you get to experience the same.

Ian likes this.
  17. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm hopeful of a 5 guild rumble where each guild is full(50) and each guild has 100% participation. That would be intense.

Ian likes this.
  18. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

$20 to gem a rumble is way too much money. That's why I see gemming in a rumble and walk away. As others have suggested, ideally midoki would match gemmers against gemmers and non-gemmers against non-gemmers.

btw, imo, when u have gemmers rumbling against non-gemmers, the game is no longer about skill. It's about money and brute force. For me, that's no challenge and no fun.

Gangrene Beard and Ian like this.
  19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Which is pretty much what happens in AG. If we're up against a mini(like above) or a gemming guild it's just not worth the effort(maybe worth the effort for 2nd)

20. Christy

Christy Commodore

We have no minis in RFF1 no room even if I DID want to do it. I guess it sadly comes down to wanting to be a top guild with all high PR members OR be a good rumble guild and put out a huge amount of time to get the best BP. Too bad their isn't a top 200 board for highest BP :confused::p

Maybe allow all guilds to have 100 members and we can ALL create a mini. One to hold PR and one to rumble with a get fed max troops from our max accounts o_O problem solved :D:rolleyes:

Ian likes this.