GET YOUR MINIS NOW EVERYBODY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juggernaut, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RumDaddy

RumDaddy Crew

You'd really hate me, I use gems and adderall.:D

Poor people crack me up.

[​IMG]

2. Not poor, far from it, tight fisted English man. Thanks for paying my share of the developers costs, if you even visit Sweden I will buy you a drink for me as a mark of thanks.

I am just enjoying the whole gem/mini rage thread :)

3. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

That's what's I have said in the past. The way to Midoki's heart was their wallet.

A guild of 8 yes 8 took on our guild of 50 for about 1-2 hours until they realized we weren't going to give up. We eventually blew them away; however,it is impossible for a high level base to put out as much BP as a smaller base.

I would Love to make a guild and comprise it of all level 2 bases and 1 level 8 and just destroy every team we play. Imagine a guild of 49 lvl 2 bases and 1 level 8 base just supplying the guild ships. The BP scored would be insane. I guarantee that given no use of gems there would be not a single team that could take us down.

If everyone got only 600bp which is a BREEZE that would be 30,000 BP.

T******e Beard likes this.
  4. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

You would not destroy every guild. But your point is understood. The issue will become who is willing commit the most time to a meaningless battle with a 35 gem reward. Only a few are foolish enough to waste the time and effort needed. Not worth the trouble for most sane people. Let the crazy rumblers do what makes them happy.

5. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

[​IMG]
    Posted in another thread. From AG's rumble today (not final scores and we won despite shenanigans).
    This player's mini even has "BP" in the name.
    Certainly does seem to ruin the concept of a head to head match.
    Heavy gemming is no problem from my standpoint, but should rebalance BP rewards so each PH level gets approx same rewards for time to train pirates.
    AG has gemmed the most when we've had competitive rumbles WITHOUT minis. We've had a couple where we recognized multiple minis early on, this info was shared in guild chat and basically we relaxed, content with second against the stacked odds.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

That same mini put up 3k against 1 of our guilds, at some point Midoki will do something about it, just not yet

7. Set a limit to 10-20 attacks towards the rumble in a 24hr period, simple solution. It would kill off the minis and limit the gemming. A rumble button could be added next to the Plunder button which you would hit, it's a simple solution, but it would work.

8. RumDaddy

RumDaddy Crew

That solution doesn't discourage the use of mini's. A person could still use them with a guild ship full of maxed pirates and score 25+ points per attack. Even with those limited attacks your looking at 250-500 BP's per rumble.

9. But what would they achieve, no use for loot and the top players could still compete against them, right? This solution balances the odds and negates the advantage a mine can gain via faster tavern fills!

10. We have also in Wild Piggies the ScoopySuzy (maybe belongs to Scoop) with 1600 battle points in 12 hours. now its PH4. Already send to midoki.

11. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Piggies isn't what it used to...

12. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I gemmed all 49 of my battles this morning. And personally look forward to rumble changes to prevent exploitation of both minis and gemming.

James Munro likes this.
  13. I gem plenty and have spent lots of money on this game. Lots! I have a mini island and a maxed island and I am perfectly entitled to use them however I chose. I have said in other threads that people would do well to adapt their gameplay rather than go on a continuous, monotonous rant about the use of minis.

It is laughable that people are crawling to midoki to complain about this. If they fix it or realign the balance for generating BP then it will suit me equally well as I can retire the mini base, or advance it at my leisure to become a second maxed base.

The real fun in all of this is the ire it produces from certain quarters, and watching people spending tens, if not hundreds of dollars trying to keep pace with a mini base is amusing!

You are deluded if you think there is any honour code in piracy or in this game. If you think mini base operators are crying themselves to sleep at night because they are spanking high gemming bases left, right and centre then you are mistaken. I spend plenty on my main island to allow myself the luxury of rumbling away with a mini base in between build times.

Midoki may change it (albeit they are making money hand over fist as a result of all this), but until then I encourage you again to adapt if you don't like it.

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

This thread is pointless. The devs have said they are reworking the matchmaking in the next update which should fix the issues of minis because guilds with minis will be matched against other guilds with minis.

They are also Making it so that lower lvl ph players cannot get as much bp as higher level ph players

Daddy P likes this.
  15. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

I don't guarantee...but I'm pretty sure Active Hope would still take you down. Laughing Skulls would most likely too. But it would cost a lot and prove nothing. Deep down we all know who to respect.

For me rumbles are just a great farming opportunity.

(Ps....sorry if I visited your base with brutes, gunners and thieves...okay I'm not sorry but you know what I mean) it's fun taking all your storages with thieves if you leave the door open ;)

MiniMo, Willard and James Munro like this.
  16. Spöket

Spöket Powder Monkey

It is so much fun to see the crying over the minis. PP is a game with rules and you adopt to gain maximum outcome. All rules can not be in favour of maxed bases. We use minis to balance heavy gemming alliances. Is gemming better than using minis. I just see them as different strategies. Runing a mini is very time consuming and I think it should be rewarded if you get 2000+ bp. That is usually a lot of online time which benefits the rest of your guild. It is not possible to do that every day, trust me, I have tried it.

Stop complaining and adopt until it changes. I am at least happy we can spank some top guilds with maxed bases and unlimited gems it seems.

17. MiniMo

MiniMo Powder Monkey

Boo Hoo

Willard likes this.
  18. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I agree with @Bear and am hopeful the matchmaking tweaks Midoki has described will make a difference. However, a 50 member guild with just two minis I suspect could still get matched with a 50 member guild without minis. Maybe not, but I suspect so. The bp tweaks, however, are far down the road right? My understanding is that they are considering an overhaul of the bp yield system (or maybe a separate rumble system), which will take some time cause it affects the whole game.

"Improved matchmaking to be implemented in the upcoming update. This should: Make a more ‘accurate' match up based on the size of and Pirate Hall distribution within the guild, but at the expense of time Rumble Matchmaking may now take longer. . . .

Increased priority of size checking to improve the quality of the match ups in terms of number of guild members, with matches between tiny and massive guilds being highly unlikely. Change from looking at average PH level in the guild as a factor to PH level distribution this means that guilds should be matched against ones with a comparable composition, eg if a guild has low level islands as part of its membership, it should be matched against a guild that also has low level islands, if a guild has a broad range of PH levels, they should be matched against a guild with a similar spread of PH levels, etc.

Looking into brand new scoring system rather than using BP earned, we are planning on introducing a different scoring system, which will recognise the reward the difficulty in winning high level battles, versus the lower level, simpler battles. This may eventually factor in not only Pirate Hall level, but also the number and upgrade level of defences, the levels of the attacking pirates and overall HP of the island. The new scoring may also reward points for defensive victories, and possibly deduct them for failed attacks."​

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain