GET YOUR MINIS NOW EVERYBODY

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juggernaut, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Ian

Ian Commodore

Great idea... But the guild rules/regulations and spreadsheets needed by some guides would be a full time job if it went to 100.

Gangrene Beard and Christy like this.
  2. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Heads up - more minis being found in other guilds....guess British Pirates got tired of losing to PU...top two in rumble are PH3 with 1300 points between the two of them. Gemming is one thing, but that just sucks the fun right out of it.

850arrr and Christy like this.
  3. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Hey Salty, not sure that the scores from that rumble exactly constitute who can gem the most...top two under 5000 isn't exactly pouring money into the game. I've seen lots of guilds put up way higher numbers than that, guess if you haven't you've been lucky with some crazy easy match-ups.

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

That would be because we stopped trying vs. the gemming and PUz got far enough ahead that they had the win sewn up.

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree with you @Salty Snack, there is no point is gemming to see how high you can get... just as long as you are in front of your nearest opponent; and if your opponent give up.. the gemming stops too.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Nobody ever said anything about $20 a rumble, in fact $20 can last you a whole month if you know what you r doing, in the other hand even if you gem you need skills to beat the bases.

Raptelan likes this.
  7. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

We at PU don't use minis either but this is getting so out of hands that Midoki is pushing us to take this measures, at high lvs is too hard to keep up with this type of gaming, the game is constantly changing and it's sad that it changed for worst

Christy likes this.
  8. Ian

Ian Commodore

If guilds are going to allow mini 2nd accounts to win rumbles it defeats the need for a minimum entry level requirement to a guild. It's also is not in Midok's interest to have these accounts, given there is no need to ever upgrade them. The focus on the game should always be about moving forward.

Raptelan and Christy like this.
  9. Shakesbeard

Shakesbeard Powder Monkey

Pirate - to commit piracy upon; plunder; rob!

You'd be surprised at how little it takes to achieve results... in BP, Gems... and the other teams morale!..... But rob... we did.... xxxxx

10. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

You know - at least you own it! Very little, as in PH3 little...right?

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  11. The reason for the mini players is simple. Encourage the gem winners to spend to seal the win, minis do not need to use gems. When the rumble format change requests are listened to and guilds stop throwing cash at gems to win rumbles the minis stand down. The mini players wake up when we see evidence of gemming. Either way it is a win win situation for Midoki.

We are here to rob/plunder and simply got tired of guilds claiming wins were down to skill when we all know what's going on. There's always something to complain about, find a solution, but the gems don't work :D

anime likes this.
  12. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

That was the purpose of this thread from the beginning, to encourage everyone to use minis and turn this into a minis wars since Midoki has done nothing to fix the rumbles matchmakings and the points rewarded to minis.
    I know you feel great pride on using minis but even with them we had been able to still crush your lil guild every time we face you, just imagine how the score would be when we finally decide to institute minis across all our guilds, we might tilt the score box again lol

13. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Why so much hate on gemming players? When you r a hard working person, you have the right to spend your money however you feel like to, some people find pleasure smoking their money away, some drink it or like to gamble, some other people enjoy spending $20 a month on their gaming experience, now if you are the kind that is 40 years old and still live with your mom cause u can't keep a job then you might be one of the haters. Choices people, pick and choose how you spend your money and stop pointing fingers, at the end you could gem too if you actually wanted to do so.

Raptelan likes this.
  14. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The Devs have acknowledged the issues with mini's and their unfair advantage, and stated they are making changes. Point has been made. Seems using that as an excuse to use mini accounts is not a valid argument. If you are using minis to balance what you feel is an unfair advantage that people who use gems have, then just say it. Nothing wrong with that. Not something I would do, or our guild would do, but since it is within the framework of the current rumble format then it is a perfectly legal approach. As for whether it is ethical, that is something each person/guild has to decide for themselves. I hope those that approve of such tactics join those guilds. Those that prefer to follow their own higher set of ethics, should join guilds that reflect their mores.

15. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

The thing Sponge is that they think they r pirates in RL, that's why they don't care and keep doing it, as far as I know, not even with maxed troops in their GS, a mini can't beat a maxed base so robbing/plundering us as they said they had, it's just an excuse to use this minis, we at the Y had beat them 3 times already, with minis and all

16. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Midoki should give points to the guilds depending on the spot they finish, that way the could match the top 5 against each other, then 6-10 and so on. Also they should set the times the rumbles start, like every day at noon and at midnight for example, all the guilds that had enter till this time should be paired according to their PR and rumble points, that way a top guild won't face a guild with 2 members per say, I personally dislike more a worthless rumble than kicking a guild with minis in their pride.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

That is a valid suggestion. I come from a game that had competition just like the rumbles. Speaking from experience, very few want a challenging competition every single time in this type of format. Too draining from many perspectives. I suspect if competition become too fierce every single rumble, it may actually discourage participation. There can only be one top guild in this type of competition. If all top guilds are matched, others will just not try. Gem spending would probably decrease. Not the best business format. Granted, matching does need to be improved. But if Midoki goes too far, they will destroy an effective money generating engine. I would like to believe the reduced recruitment times that we all are enjoying are a trickle down result of the success of the rumbles in generating sales.

Christy, # Johnny Doe # and Raptelan like this.
  18. Capped gemming, better balance on matchmaking, in/out rumble participation, limited attacks per hour, all ideas that could be implemented to improve the current rumble format. Juggernaut no one is judging your gem use, it's fine to stay indoors and throw your money at a rumble if that's your way of finding pleasure go for it, but if someone is happy to have players who just like to rumble at low level in their guild what right have you to judge (all be it with a level of illiteracy). We have won every rumble since employing this method (incidentaly which guild are you a member of) and I for one will be happy when Midoki do ammend the current rumble format to make it a competition of skill not buying power (I can gem, I choose not to use gems to boost my tavern).

The best suggestion to date regarding rumbles has been to 'borrow' (and improve upon) the format used by Clash of Clans with a set number of attacks per player, thus skill takes precedence over gem monkeys.

19. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

It's funny you say that since I'm actually going today to another country for 2 weeks tonight (so much about having fun indoors), I enjoy life as much as games, if you r proud of using minis just stay at it, if that's all attacking skills you got. By the way I'm the Capt of Pirates United Y, well not now since I'm traveling. Have fun with your minis.

20. Attacking skills, no issue there, we hit 10th on our push (not too bad for a small guild after 5 days), you're just mad because the gems don't work. Have fun on your holiday, say hello to M&D for all of us at BP.

P.s Did you pack your bucket and spade :D