I can't believe Midoki is ignoring the problem!

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by JimmyM32, Jan 24, 2015.

1. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

The stacking bug/problem is rampant! First it was going to be fixed with the mini update, now...hold on, it'll be fixed in the second update?! If I even visit one particular base in the 'top 15', I return only to find pieces of my base defenses moved! The player is #13! This is crap, every single stacked item inside base! I spent a lot of money on your game Midoki and you can't tell me this problem isn't worth fixing now! I mean, are you really telling me that you're contacting but no ban and number 13 is right there for all to see and spreading a bug? Please do something now or you'll loose a lot more money from players that give up on an unfair game mods don't care to police!

Strike and O1n like this.
  2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Say Whaaaaaaat? I got so many hugs last year. I just thought people cared.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  3. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

While we may or may not agree with his statement, we can understand the frustration some people may be experiencing. Not sure we should be making personal attacks just because we don't agree with his strongly voiced perspective on the issue.

4. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

If you don't believe me, visit the base. When you return to your own, something will have been moved or stacked. I've had this independently verified by at least 4 players. Yes, my statement was strong and you may not all agree with me but when I hit 'next' and every base up top is stacked it makes me enjoy the game less. Mines, mortars and cannons all inside a ship....really? How is that even fair? I say, if it's not worth banning let everyone do it, right? Fair is fair

5. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Dev, I understand where you are coming from. However, my response was not based on his frustration, etc, but rather from the fact that he had not researched his issue. Plain as day, Midoki has "fixed" the bug, but they cannot force Apple to implement updates that include the fix instantaneously.
    That said...I'd like to give @JimmyM32 a really big lollipop now just to show I am a nice person.
    [​IMG]

Jun and Devil's Advocate like this.
  6. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Lol, your kindness is touching

7. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

...but never inappropriate touching :eek:

Captain Monkey likes this.
  8. TBird

TBird Captain

[​IMG]

I went for a visit, my base was fine when I got back... Need @Lynsey [Midoki] to pay him a visit.
    Everyone in my guild is seeing it in almost every attack... Sucks... Need to rush a bug update thru the Apple Store

Wish I could attack this guy, show him stacking doesn't work.
    Almost every base we run across like this we beat... So it doesn't help them.
    All it does is piss off the other 5 million players.

Jun likes this.
  9. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Software isn't always perfect, it doesn't mean it's being ignored. Midoki has other efforts going on and they have to get a release built, internally tested, and then through Apple's process. Don't rush that or you're more likely to see more new bugs.

Jun and Gangrene Beard like this.
  10. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Thank you Tim for the picture. Yes, our guild is seeing it everywhere as well. A bug is just a bug...it's the knowingly exploiting and teaching the bug that's the infringement

11. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Rapt élan, so we should live with an unfair exploit so that Devs can work on new stuff so it won't be buggy like what we have now? I don't see the sense. I agree Midoki is working hard and has done a great job but if this type of rampant exploitation is curbed fast enough...it kills a leaderboard, aspiring players, enjoyment of the game and makes for an unfair playing field. I want people to enjoy this great game, not put up with exploits so that the next big exploit can be ignored for something better. Kills a game.

12. SaK

SaK First Mate

so, i believe u @Chris [Midoki] as he said, The first overlapping reports, and this is pre the base editor, was a bug in the code that was fixed as soon as it was reported.

and and we have re-arranged their islands so that there are no longer any overlapping buildings.

really??? u rearranged the bases??? but they are still doing ito_O

are u stupid or they are stupid...i have doubt:confused:

13. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Exactly! The official line is that it's been fixed and effort is being made to change the exploiters bases. If it's so darn obvious just on the leaderboard, how are we to believe anyone even cares or has done anything? We can't! Unless of course we are to believe Midoki started rearranging the lowest ranks 1st lol

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

What part of the bug fixing and App Store submission process do you people not understand?

Midoki gets a bug report
    Midoki codes an update to fix said bug
    Midoki submits it to Apple
    Apple reviews it, taking 8-13 days on average
    When approved, it become available for download.

There is nothing more they can do here. Just relax, and realize they want this fixed more than anyone, so it'll get worked out.

It's common sense that if they rearrange an offending base, that player may just go right back and change it again. Big Deal. It'll get fixed. It's barely 36 hours since this exploit became big news. All this conjecture that they aren't doing anything (rofl) and don't care (rofl, repeatedly) is ridiculous, and is making me feel like the collective intelligence of this forum has abruptly taken a nosedive.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  15. SaK

SaK First Mate

ur getting it wrong here....the update will fix the bug that will come not before than february... so people if want can use it to their benefit still the second update comes as the first one is already sent to apple. so we need to wait till February...

now my point is chris said MIDOKI has rearranged their bases and sent them notice not to use it( thow there is none to prove it, we have to belive them)

if it is so, go and check in leaderboard and you will see amny bases with overlapping buildings...

either MIDOKI is lying to us or the abusers are just give a damn to the warning to MIDOKI, and continuing to use the bug...and if so i hope MDOKI will ban them as quick as possible!!!

so i mentioned up...either of them are stupid...let see who is it in few days!!!

16. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

They said it was not ban worthy unless repeated after that rearranged the islands, what part of reoffeNing is not worthy of midokis action which they themselves have threatened?

17. SaK

SaK First Mate

and dont forget there is another bug that the loophole...people using no gorg to make troops...the first bug e pointed out...midoki is going to fix it when and how still a question!!!

again comes the question;;;who is stupid more than other...

dont let me start again...i am really fed up and tired with this mess

18. SaK

SaK First Mate

dont forget they cant ban them because they are not cheating, they are using a bug to their benefit!

and dont forget also they cant ban them because those leaderboard players are the players who are making MIDOKI rich by buying gems! u and me and others dont buy that much gems that one player up there buy...so they can only warn them...and i think as this will be fixed soon so they actually dont care about banning them...it will be fixed soon!

money talks...u know

19. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

sir, you are correct and more succinct thAn I. Glad we are not alone in our views on this subject!

SaK likes this.
  20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No, I'm quite aware of that. The fix won't be here for a week or three.

Yes, I do see those. No doubt there are many more like it. My point it, the devs have said they're working on it, and until there's evidence to the contrary, it's ridiculous to assume they are lying about it. The fact that Chris was here posting on a Saturday should be a clue that they're taking it seriously. Just because you still see bugged bases does not mean that it's not being worked on. Chances are, many of the people who are exploiting this bug will continue to change their bases back for as long as they think they can get away with it.

Blame them, don't blame the devs. And for the love of God people, google Occam's Razor before spewing all these conspiracy theories.

Rachael likes this.