I can't believe Midoki is ignoring the problem!

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by JimmyM32, Jan 24, 2015.

1. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Thanks @Lynsey [Midoki] for your response. I look foreword to your continued attention to these matters. I hope an example is set for the most blatant of repeat offenders.

2. Arr

Arr Captain

Understood, and again, thanks for the quick response.

You are correct - submission times on appreviewtimes are based on user reviews and are likely inaccurate. You did state that the second update is going out tomorrow, which is days ahead of what many of us expected. Give my regards to the Midoki team for doing as much as they could to push out this fix. We'll wait to hear about said grace period; the #13 player on the leaderboard has been thumbing his/her nose at us this whole time.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Just want to extend gratitude to Midoki and ask certain individuals to stop making a mountain out of a molehill with this. The troop recruiting bug is far more important and will be fixed imminently. Another important task is solving the people using guild-hopping shenanigans, which technically is just strategy not cheating, but ideally the game design would prevent it. These two allow people a very unfair advantage in the game. On the other hand, stacking, while annoying, does not so much. You can still win an attack on a stacked base, even if you can't 3-star. It doesn't give them an attack advantage. If you use the santa bug, a highly-stacked base might even be easier to defeat than a normal base since all their defenses are so close (though Santa will be disappearing imminently). Brutes can also be very useful as they can distract many more weapons than usual.

To those putting down Midoki with all sorts of false claims like purposful allowing the problem to continue for weeks and not caring, you are sadly mistaken and owe an apology for your slander/libel. You may act like this is the end of the world and that there's going to be a mass exodus or aomething, but I seriously seriously doubt it. I will be surprised if 2 people quit - if you would like to be one of them I am sure you will not be missed. People will be more wary of buying gems though, and so of course Midoki will want to address these issues as soon as they can. Just banning like crazy won't solve the problem and is unfair as those players have invested time/money into the game too. There are other ways they could be punished if they continue after warned, but that's Midoki's call, not ours - they must think about what is best for the game as a whole. People would be even more wary of spending money if Midoki was ban-happy. Please remember, it's just a game. ;) I for one look forward to seeing how this game evolves over time and appreciate the quality it has so far and things like this forum set up by the developers.

Darth Yoda likes this.
  4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

P.S. Has any thought been given to posting about this via an in-game anouncement?

5. SaK

SaK First Mate

I think u can't read English maybe or illiterate or STUPID! Or .... .... Who knows?
    I said time will tell who is doing the hard work and who is being fooled!(stupid) as u don't understand I had to make it clear! The time is short or long that's another question!

My point is to point out those people who is doing the bad things and raise the topic infront of the people! I'm not blaming the devs or those abusers, I am worried about myself as I have invested real money in here. So as a customer isn't is my right to shout on the seller if they are selling something bad?

6. SaK

SaK First Mate

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I hope after the rearrangement of the bases by MIDOKI and getting the warning those bases should be good but...oh no....what's that's....they are still using the bug...giving a damn to MIDOKI

Going to watch when they are gonna get banned...
    Counting from today I'll be posting everyday...

Day no 1

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We won't have visited every base using the exploit yet, so don't assume that every base you see has been re-edited to use the exploit after we've fiddled with it.

As I've said, now that the message has gone out, we're giving players a grace period to comply before we start taking action, so we ask for people to be patient. We're seeing that the majority of players that were using the exploit are no longer using it and returning to a 'legal' layout, and we're going to continue to monitor the situation and take action where needed.

Captain Monkey, Rachael and Jun like this.
  8. Jun

Jun First Mate

This sums it up. Agreed.

As a former top 20 until just a few weeks ago, when I found out about the way to gain PR by using a bug quickly, sure, I was annoyed for a bit. My thoughts: "These kind of bugs happen in games, and if it is something as big as this, then it will surely be fixed in due time (and it is!)." I also looked at it the other way: with all the PR inflation, and people with 1000+ PR occasionally showing themselves like rare pokemon, wow, it was actually pretty fun to beat those players up and get a good chunk of PR!

Finally, when I saw all the base stacking, my thoughts again: wow, look at that. That's pretty absurd but yet pretty cool. When I figured out the bug, I too wanted to play with it because it was pretty awesome to have 4 gun towers in a PH. And, I figured, the bug will be fixed soon enough. [I also expect some of the top "exploiting" players might have the same sentiment as me that they were starting to get bored and were excited by the new find and variety it allows] But looking at the situation, I've decided to change my base so I don't mislead any other players. Oh well. Sometimes, people ENJOY it when they find a bug. (ie. Halo: jumping bug so you can reach the top of the arena) And if you don't know how to do it, then you just learn to fight it until it is fixed.

Apparently that isn't the situation here and instead we are 1) expecting TOO MUCH from the developers, and 2) taking these bugs much too seriously.

Lastly, when I took a look today, it seems like a lot of the bases were fixed. Not every single one, but a lot fewer than yesterday. That's amazing to me.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    # Johnny Doe # and SaK like this.
  9. SaK

SaK First Mate

i appreciate ur concern and thequick action that has been taken...

but for ur kind information those bases that i have given the pics are in top "20" players...!!!

im not talking about random bases from everywhere

10. Quince

Quince Powder Monkey

So, SaK, what exactly do you want to happen? It sounds as if you are upset that these bases are still using the stacking bug and have not been banned. Is that it? Midoki has said they are giving players a grace period to conform, but that does not seem to alleviate your frustration. Do you think Midoki is not telling the truth? knew about the stacking bug? knew about the army replenishment bug and supposedly did nothing? are just reacting too slowly?

I admit I have a difficult time understanding what you want them to do, and I think you may not have a reasonable expectation of what they CAN do - but I agree it's frustrating seeing these players who are taking advantage and not playing fairly. I'll bet Midoki is not happy because (as others have already said) if they don't fix these bugs, unhappy players leave, and there goes their cash flow...

11. SaK

SaK First Mate

I am going to wait and watch when the abusers stop doing the unfair thing and how much grace time has midoki given to them? Am i clear?

12. Quince

Quince Powder Monkey

Not exactly clear, no. this is what YOU will do. What do you want MIDOKI to do?

13. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Just to report one of our guild members just visited a stacked base (the heavily stacked one Sak posted above) and returned to find a collector on his base was now stacked on a bunker - and emptied! This is something I haven't heard reported yet. Presumably if a collector can be emptied so possibly might a storage unit.

14. SaK

SaK First Mate

Are u DUMB? ... Or u dont understand English...or u want to provoke me?

I TOLD IM GONAA WAIT AND WATCH....HOW MUCH CLEAR U WANT ME TO BE......?

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, it's an associated bug - a few other people had mentioned it on Saturday in one of the threads, and I managed to find a method of reproducing it yesterday morning. It's been fixed!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sweet!

17. Calm down, normal questions are being asked. Nobody is provoking you.

18. SaK

SaK First Mate

read some conversation before that argument ...he asked me twice the same question even thow i have already answered... my reaction was normal

19. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

SaK, for most of us, typing in all caps is considered to be yelling.

20. SaK

SaK First Mate

YES, i yelled because he asked me the same question twice whereas i already answered it! isnt it? and he continuously telling asking me WHAT DO I WANT FROM MIDOKI?

"i told ill wait and watch"

am i not clear enough?
    @Black-ish Beard