Just a heads-up to every Guild out there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mana, Jan 5, 2015.

1. mana

mana Crew

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmm what can I say... Its kinda sad to be honest. Anyway im not sure if this is how you PIrates United guys recruit, but some of my members were insulted so I just wanted to share this with the other guilds out here to keep this situation from happening. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. hmm one of that guild come to our guild and said something about that he wants to make like alliance or friendship to beat chines guilds than left with his line account

3. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

That is very pathetic indeed. But can't judge an entire guild by the actions of one person. If someone from our guild was pulling that stunt I would be very hesitant in allowing them to return. Don't these people realize how poorly that reflects upon the guild as a whole. If I were already a member of that guild, I would base my decision on whether I stay or go by how the guild handles it. If I wasn't a member, such actions would have opposite effect, it would make me never want to join that guild.

Christy and mana like this.
  4. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Another possibly, maybe it is a member from a competing guild trying to do damage to Pirates United. In which case, I would say they were succeeding.

5. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

a la guerre com a la guerre

6. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

^Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures

Yes, but dirty pool is dirty pool

Barbed likes this.
  7. wackytabacky

wackytabacky Powder Monkey

Guys it's not what you think. We went around yesterday looking for a couple more players to fill our 3 farming guilds. When we did so we were supposed to mention which guild we were going to and that they were strictly inactive. Seth ment no harm but had the wrong judgement. Our apologies for this happening we will not let this happen again. Kind regards.

8. mana

mana Crew

This thread is not meant to judge an entire guild, it's meant to give the other Guilds out here a heads-up, I thought I made that clear with the threads title. But I agree Shark Bait.. This is not ok wether a member does it by himself or he's told to do so. I took the possibility of your second post in mind before opening this thread, but he is one of the First Mates of Pirates United Z. There are consequences to all stunts you pull.

@wackytabacky Doesn't make any sense.. This is not a way to be looking for players. Before you pull a stunt like this, think twice. Also seems like we weren't the first Guild you guys tried something similar on. I think The Fish Eyed Pirate also pointed out very clear that in my sig it says we are 100% active players, so I don't really understand your explanation, but its nice that you apologised. I hope that you will learn from your mistakes.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  9. wackytabacky

You can't expect everyone to read the forums. Most just play the game. This forum may be active but really it's the same 20 people posting over and over. With that being said we will check the forums as well from now on to look if we ever look for players in inactive guilds.

10. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I am a member of the Black Knights and found it pretty insulting - both because the person insinuated that their guild had something to offer that ours does not (ha!! this is by far the best guild I've ever seen!), and because it seems abusive to the game to operate 4 different guilds as one unit. I guess if that's not against Midoki's terms of service then people can do that, but it really seems to be unfairly using the system to push guild rank by cherry-picking the best amongst all your guilds to put into a primary guild. Sorry but I would NEVER want to be part of a guild that forced me to change to a secondary guild if my rank dropped or each time I shifted strategy. In our guild sometimes a few higher-level players team up to go on a rank pushing mission but it's totally voluntary and it is recognized that there are more important things to focus on in the game than rank sometimes, like building a well-defended base with a good layout, focusing on good offense upgrades at the proper times, etc. I've come to take this for granted but I would assume that many other guilds operate like this. So while this may come off as me promoting my own guild my intention is more to encourage other guilds to operate this way rather than going around spamming others and playing rank shenanigans.

"SETH" may be stating that he probably wouldn't play Plunder Pirates any more if it weren't for PU, but if that were all my guild were about, I would not enjoy the game nearly as much as I do. So the claim that he wants others to enjoy a guild as much as he does is empty as in my opinion a guild that actually makes gameplay much more fun is one that's encouraging, sets team goals, offers individual advice and feedback that really helps you become a better and wiser player, keeps all the perks funded constantly (where everyone is eager to chip in!), makes sure everyone in the guild stays active, and has rich and friendly chat. A real guild isn't about rank and multi-guild shenanigans - it's about growth and success as a team. I would certainly enjoy playing the game LESS if my guild were as PU was advertised to us.

mana likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

*shakes head*

Captain Harlock, Floki and Shonda La like this.
  12. wackytabacky

[​IMG]
    Now this thread is going to far! If there was a global chat then this wouldn't happen!#Sorrynotsorry

13. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

ROFLMAO! A global chat would be nuts though as it would be INSANELY busy and especially if it were flooded with people trying to advertise their guilds. On the other hand, private messages within the guild, a resizable chat pane with tabs, and more than a 32-message buffer would make the in-game chat experience a whole lot nicer though! </off-topic>

14. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Really not a big deal IMHO. If your guild is as strong as you say then this stuff doesn't pose any real threat. Can't imagine this is an effective recruitment method in any case.

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The devs have said that Global chat will never happen, and this stuff is one of the minor reasons why.

16. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Not a big deal but annoying to be spammed by a person pretending to be interested in joining the guild. Somebody has to take the time to review the member requesting to join to make sure they are an appropriate fit for our guild. Then it's a bunch of spam messages using up a bunch of the 32-message buffer (which is admittedly it's own issue).

17. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Very true. Its a bush league move to spam someone's chat. One short message would suffice (still a DB move admittedly). Not sure why anybody would do this but again not something I'll concern myself over.

Kelani likes this.
  18. mana

mana Crew

Lol.. There are many players on here that are in guilds.. registered or unregistered. If I can help them be aware of this situation by posting this, I won't hold back. Still you don't get the point of all this do you? After all this being posted.. you are willing to continue making your members join guilds and spam their guild chats to join one of your guilds? Tbh It's pathetic that you and your members discuss about this stuff to start with. An active player that finds himself in an inactive guild, will find himself seeking an active guild himself if one really enjoys playing this game. I suggest you rethink what you are doing because this won't help you nor your guild. Remember you brought all this to yourself, don't expect everyone to let this pass by when you and your members just insulted and disrespected a guild.

@donkeykilla It might not be a big deal for both of our guilds, but were not the only ones out there. This actually may be a big deal for a new guild that is trying its best to build up.

19. TBird

TBird Captain

Had Nicko PU come by today from United...
    we are not an inactive guild

Also had the other guy from Atlantis Outlaws stop by yesterday

both are looking to grab people from top guilds.
    A bit low.

I asked Apes to beat Nicko with a banana peel for me.

mana likes this.
  20. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Hahahaha. Boooo hooooo someone tried to take my pirates. If your guild is strong enough you'll have nothing to worry about. But if your a bunch of Whinny ass bitches good luck keeping pirates. Hahaha.