Just a heads-up to every Guild out there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mana, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hey hand me that popcorn, I already used all of mine..!

2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I brought smoked paprika for the popcorn.
    I mean, if you're into that stuff

3. I'm into food, so if that's the case... Share it with a brother pirate!

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  4. I think everyone should crush everyone else's island.
    *disclaimer: if you're a serious person, I meant that, seriously. If you're a fun person, I meant for it to be fun.

Please pass the maple covered green bacon popcorn.

Floki and Salty Snack like this.
  5. Skull Bozu

Skull Bozu Powder Monkey

At Space Pirates, when we get players like this, we tie their hands and feet, attach a small thruster with a short fuel supply, send a signal to activate the thruster, and watch them float the plank. And sometimes, our 1st mates will flick unflavored popcorn at them - it's hilarious. Then, after a few hours, we will search for them and their guild members and attack with bigger thrusters. It keeps things quiet and we like to add more stars to our endless collection.

Bones - What the heck is green bacon popcorn? Spicy? An affinity for all things Dr. Seuss? A Vermont thing?

6. Maple covered green bacon popcorn is a production of PlunderPiratesForum, and can only be found here or in game! Oh, them flavors just run wild don't they? :D

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  7. Yes, it's an ever-evolving food stuff served only at the Great Plunder Pirate Banquet Hall and only during feasts at which rival guilds have agreed to Parlay.

Whoops one of those quotes should have been from Skull Bozu.

8. Skull Bozu

Skull Bozu Powder Monkey

I like to read about food. But no one has defined the flavor of 'green'. I guess to each their own! hahaha. See you at the Banquet Hall!

Bones Harmon likes this.
  9. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

Is this the first time you complainers have ever played a game like this? Or been in any kind of competition? Poaching players is a part of any game. The good guilds don't sweat it because they have something unique to keep people in their guilds. The weak guilds go online and complain as if anyone else would care or do anything about it. Just play the game your way and stop trying to control how others play the game.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The "good guilds" are who's complaining here. Why? Because this crap is annoying, a waste of time, and oh yeah, blatant spamming = considered abuse in any game.

1. When spamming idiot sends a join request, guild members have to stop what they're doing, go check his base, and accept them. Waste of time.
    2. In most guilds, several members usually stop what they're doing to greet new members. Pointless when it's a spamming idiot, and a waste of time.
    3. The chat buffer is only 32 messages. When the idiot spammer starts his spiel, it interrupts chat, and non-idiot messages get lost, which is annoying.
    4. As long as the idiot spammer is in there, he's taking up a valuable slot. If the idiot spammer makes #50 in the guild, that's a problem.

Idiot spammer guilds aside, I don't think you'll find anyone here who'd say "Oh yes! Please come do that in MY guild! Please please, Pretty please?"

You should make it clear to your little minions that by doing this, it's very likely they will wake up to a banned account at some point. Or at the very least, they'll likely be added to a blacklist, and no guild worth joining will ever accept their little spammy requests again.

HTH. HAND.

11. TBird

TBird Captain

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mix together
    Serve warm....
    Kick back and watch the noobs go boom

Captain Harlock likes this.
  12. Christy

Christy Commodore

I'm NOT likable :D enjoying the popcorn though

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  13. Christy

Christy Commodore

ACTUALLLLLLYYYYYYY I only "like" posts I deem "likable" regardless of WHO posted it :rolleyes: So WRONG :cool:

14. Tex

Tex Commodore

Now that the Grog Popcorn is ready, enjoy the Movie! :D

15. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Say it isn't so

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I like popcorn, and green popcorn seems like it'd be fun, but memories of Soylent Green are kind of messing with that a bit.

17. Floki

Floki Captain

[​IMG] Wassabi.....

18. Thanks for your entertainment. Moving on, we have even more clowns!

19. mana

mana Crew

To be clear.. this didn't affect my guild. The ones that are actually whining for this to be ok, man up and play by the rules. If you choose not to.. then dont whine when this comes up, this is what you get. With that being said the name SETH is well known now for this matter, so you have one less member to use for this stuff.;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  20. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I see this as a non-issue since we are clearly stronger than either of those guilds, and their members know it. Plus we give away real cash prizes. Recruiters from Atlamtis and PU have not visited us.

With that said, they had to know they would step on some toes recruiting in this way.