Landlocked Ships - Ideas for Improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, May 18, 2016.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

It seems logical that all ships should have access to the sea and it also seems like fairly easy programming to determine if they do, considering the wonderful pirate targeting and defense aiming code we already have in PP.

Let's get rid of all landlocked ships and pirate fortresses, or at least add a penalty to this extra level of protection.

A landlocked ship could certainly not leave an island to attack any others. Duh!

A landlocked ship could not go out exploring other island fortresses, attacking map ships or creatures. (can't get materials)

A landlocked guild ship could not get any pirates from other islands.

A landlocked pirate fortress could never have a trade ship visit.

And a landlocked pirate fortress probably would not allow letting any legendary pirates out of their cells unless they were to be loaded directly onto a ship going to battle. A smart captain would not want to transport LPs across their island where they might run amok. (looking at you there, Ching)

Burnz, HornyQuokka and peg-brain bob like this.
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Whilst I agree with every point you make... wouldn't this just lead to even MORE ship/fort/GS corner bases? :eek:

Not that I would have such a base... :rolleyes::D

Ian and Super-Nor like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Commodore

I agree with both of you.. This line of thought has been raised in the past, but I would rather not see more of the same layouts.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

All being well, the next update has a slight change to the Fort and the Ship's navmeshes, which means that they will no longer be able to be used to create an impenetrable wall.

5. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

This, more then the other points @Super-Nor made, has always bothered me. The only thing you should not be able to march between are walls.

850arrr likes this.
  6. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Any clue to when this update roughly will be? Eg August, June etc.

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As per usual, I can't give anything more than a very vague date, which is 'hopefully a lot earlier than August'!

8. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Now what about the aft of the ship? I have no clue how that works to this day. Sometimes it appears to act like it is a 20 block thick wall and other times pirates just slide right between the walls and that end. Impenetrable stuff is what causes so many duplicate bases, me thinks.

850arrr likes this.
  9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

The elimination of impenetrable combos is as exciting for me as the variable wind direction change - a real game changer!

peg-brain bob and 850arrr like this.
  10. Ebow

Ebow Crew

This is wonderful! But maybe we gonna need a bit more of walls! Preparing my new base design!

11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Hot digity dog!! This will be interesting and quite fun I think :D

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

Certain pirates currently don't go through it if there is a flame gate post against the ship (you can get some types of pirates to go through still, but gunners for example go around).

Fixing the nav data should hopefully fix that as well!

Super-Nor and 850arrr like this.
  13. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Great to hear we will get changes. Also nice to know this forum gets paid attention. Most of us really want this game to keep improving.

Liquidjade, Hawkbeard and 850arrr like this.
  14. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

It's a good game still. Yes it has a few flaws in, but I still enjoy it. First game I have spent over a year playing. Altough maybe needs something doing to promote it a bit more, angry birds, game of war etc are always pushed on us. Maybe a tv advert to promote it or other media?

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    Robin Blood and 850arrr like this.
  15. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I dare say a Plunder Pirates movie makes more sense then an Angry Birds movie, and the AB movie is getting at least SOME positive press.

16. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Yea !!! See ya later corner bases ! ... now doing a little jig

17. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Sadie makes short work of a number of corner bases.

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

As do sky raiders, or HG (especially with Ching)!

19. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Depends on the wind

20. Burnz

Burnz Captain

This is awesome, can't wait for this update.