Landlocked Ships - Ideas for Improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, May 18, 2016.

1. Ian

Ian Commodore

I can't wait till the update, then quickly plunder these unsuspecting pirates with the outdated corner bases ;)

2. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

I'm assuming this will be a big update..PH 11 with new LPS and a bunch of other good stuff...fingers crossed @Lynsey [Midoki] ???

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Alas, no - the next update will be a smaller one with the pathfinding around the fort/ship changes, and various bug fixes.

850arrr, Skye and Super-Nor like this.
  4. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

I'm getting excited !
    [​IMG]

5. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Since we are getting and update to address the ship access, wich has been a popular request here in the forum, you should also do something about the WD, I usually bring 2 but almost never use them both until the end of the event, it used to go for the lonely gunner occasionally but now is almost every battle, even the 2nd one when deployed, goes for the lonely gunner, I understand that is difficult cause you still support old devices, but I highly doubt that the market for such devices is so big to compromise the quality of the game for a few costumers that still use dinosaurs, you should always strive for the best product you can possibly put out there and the WD problems is so old that is really amazing that it hasn't being fixed yet.
    I know you guys play the game too and can see this, pretty sure the WD problems is nothing to proud of.

Ebow likes this.
  6. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

The wd really annoys me just by the fact his will just leave a group of troops to walk half way over the map to protect 1 gunner shooting a building with no defences near it. Or just randomly walk and get stuck, dying quickly. What has happened to him? First he protected Sadie over everyone , now 1 lonely gunner.

Ebow and Robin Blood like this.
  7. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Probably need another thread for this topic, but I couldn't agree with you anymore.

If anyone cares testing this just drop a swarm of about 65 gunners in one spot and 1 WD on top of them. Don't use any other pirates. Watch the results. On numerous occasions the WD ends up following the few vs. the many.

TiGeR

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

The WD doesn't, never has, and is completely incapable of discerning a group vs an individual pirate. Unless older hardware support is dropped (which I believe at the moment requires increasing the minimum iOS version, cutting off users with newer devices that would be capable but are running an older iOS), its very unlikely it ever will be able to tell the difference between groups of pirates and single pirates. The choice of that single pirate may be able to be made better, but don't expect it to ever be able to pick a big group over a smaller group.

850arrr likes this.
  9. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

It would be cool if the player could choose which pirate to protect, however I'm not sure how it would work once that selection was made and then you changed your mind after said troop started wandering about. I can see it working if the selection popped up after the troop the WD was protecting died but not sure how you'd be able to keep changing if say you changed your mind mid battle.

10. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

This sounds horrible, not sure why you all want your bases to just be trampled over. if you dont like a base then hit next. NOT looking forward to this.

11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Better get used to it. :p:D

Skillzone10 and 850arrr like this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

"Just hit next".....like a million times, its stupid how often I see the ship/fort/guild ship locked base design. And no, bases won't be trampled over, a base with max defenses of any layout gives me pause because its rare I'll three star it, max defenses are that tough nowadays.

Ebow likes this.
  13. Alphafox

Alphafox First Mate

Thanks for that annoying comment.

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

While I agree that it is exceptionally easy to 3* any base that doesn't rely on ships to path troops, regardless of defense/wall levels (all you have to do is avoid the GP and you win), the change will improve variety in design, at least temporarily, as every single popular design relies on them. I suspect in a couple weeks someone will come up with something that can keep good attacks to 2* most of the time. It is very frustrating having literally every base be using some variant on them - yes I can 3* them, but its boring doing that 100s of times over and over. At least it will give us a new design to have to learn.

Its a problem that is one of the most complained about issues, and has been for months. While I'm sad defenses will be much harder, its definitely for the good of the game. I'm sure if defenses become too underpowered after the change, Lynsey will be taking note of analytics to see how attacks perform, and will hopefully consider rebalancing things a bit to compensate. Its happened before (when Ching was originally introduced before LP were a thing, defenses had their HP all boosted to compensate as she was making attacks way too easy).

John56 likes this.
  15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Sorry but this is not the case for the majority of players, please remember your experience with the game is quite different from the rest of us.

Ebow likes this.
  16. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

How any anyone be against the elimination of the ship + fortress + guild ship impenetrable corner?!

I look forward to some changed bases.

Well they will be changed until one guy finds a good design and everyone above PR 500 copies it, yet again.

Midoki, please keep the events coming or something new for game play because we old timers need something to keep us interested (and it is never a new wall level).

850arrr likes this.
  17. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

As I have said elsewhere, the name of the game is PLUNDER Pirates, not Sit On Your Butt Pirates. I look forward to the issue of locked ship base designs being addressed.

(Says the guy who relies on Sadie and buffed HGs to eliminate GPs before sending in other troops...)

850arrr likes this.
  18. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm not a particularly talented attacker. Go to the top 200 with any base that doesn't use ships to path troops into the GP and let me know how it does :) For max level attacks, as long as you avoid the GP, you're almost certainly going to win. Without splash to take out large numbers of dps, defending is nearly impossible.

850arrr likes this.
  19. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

Without the ships protection def will be non existing again, unless Midoki gets creative and adds an extra GP and a couple more walls, that way you will still need skills to defeat a base not just send all your troops at once, to me the hardest part of beating a base is breaking inside the walls, once the troops are in, with enough numbers, offense overpowers def. Many won't remember but we are going back to the PH9 layouts with the U shape, totally easy to defeat

HadesHD, Ebow and 850arrr like this.
  20. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I'm all for the changes to the ship, fort and guild ship as it is boring seeing the same style design over and over. I know it won't stop bases being copied as that's part of the game, but hope it will provide a few different options.

I just hope they don't make it so that your base is too easily destroyed as it does need to be a bit a challenge to 3star a base. It will take a while to test different layouts to see what works and what won't work, just hope you still have a good chance of defending.

850arrr likes this.