Landlocked Ships - Ideas for Improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, May 18, 2016.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I love commenting to my wife, "I am deploying my battle apes now". That is just the kind of thing I might have said before this game was around.

Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.
  2. Release the monkeys of war!

Super-Nor likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I've completed my first landlocked base design. First Mate Bones and Sir Henry Boggs are gonna have a fun time getting those ships underway.

4. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

Could pirates always stand in water and attack? I've noticed in my defense logs lately that gunners can stand in water and fire at my ship. I don't remember that happening before.

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

No - it is another new advantage... part of the new pathing improvement update. :)

6. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I don't see it as an improvement, I see it as garbage. If you want to let them squeak between the ships fine. Defending is hard enough now without the Pirates being able to somehow stand and fire in water.

7. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

They've been able to do that for as long as I can remember

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Sea Patriot what @Wilkopuppy and I am referring to is that (since the update) pirates can now stand & fire on the ship... on the non-dock side! (i.e. stand in the middle of the sea!) :eek:

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

I've noticed it as well. Its rare I find a base where there's one completely in the ocean, but if there is, I can sneak my gunners onto the post on the far corner of the ship and attack it.

Its not intended, it may be related to the bug where gunners could attack from water during thunderstruck if there was a flooded shore beneath it - perhaps it may be treating those tiles as flooded shores now? Thats my only guess. I suspect it will be fixed in a coming update.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I can see what @Skye is saying, but like I said, Ive seen that sort for quite some time. Unless @Wilkopuppy and @peg-brain bob are referring to a Gunner / Heavy Gunner firing from non shallow waters. It is rare though. Hmmmm, I'll check out some replays

11. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

ROFL

Sorry, but your response was great :D. Funny actually. Midoki should have provided our little gunners with a visible floatation device, etc. :p

TiGeR