Legendary Pirates: A Players Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

Added pirate skill descriptions. Added that range of "near fort" abilities is 10 tiles. I don't know if this range will be the same for future legendary pirates. But it is true for current ones. (thanks to @Skye for the info)

2. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Pretty sure it's -1 for being attacked and a further -1 if your Fort gets destroyed.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I've been trying to figure that out. I was thinking that was it. Thanks

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

Agree, every time I am attacked with my Legendary on defense duty, that's the message I see.

5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Might be worth mentioning in the post that you can't get it to rest until it has run out of stamina.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  6. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Another thought,
    Do you think the monsters/ships display potential loot in order of likelihood of that loot dropping? I'm thinking yes.

7. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Let's do a bug report on your post, @Bear HAHAHA

Typo

It does?

They don't lose any stamina if you don't deploy them

Mystic Mortars don't do damage... Does it increase stun duration?

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  8. Skye

Skye Commodore

It says Mystic Mortars in the description; it likely does mean stun duration. 11% to stun duration will raise them to 3.18s of stun each, which means you only need 2 to theoretically stunlock someone (they fire every 6 seconds), where as right now, you need all three.

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yes. Increasing your fort levels increases odds of receiving things on your ship.

Typo? What typo?

Seriously. Thanks for the thorough checking over.

c00ni and Skye like this.
  10. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Where is this mentioned?
    Are certain Legendaries only available to certain levels of Fort?

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Not that I know of. Let me find the quote.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

I was under the initial impression that higher level forts would get more things delivered to them each ship, but that hasn't seemed to be the case.

13. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Sorry if this has already been answered...

...are we going to be limited to only having 6 Legendary Pirates? My Fort is level 3, and can't be upgraded any further. This gives me 6 cells, but there are 12 Legendary Pirates!!!

14. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Capt. Sharky likes this.
  15. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Thanks c00ni, glad to read that!

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's been clarified by Midoki that higher lvl forts do not affect the type of Pirates you get. Changing the guide to reflect this

c00ni likes this.
  17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Added upgrade cost charts for Blackbeard and Annabelle Levaux. I also added their skills and buffs .

Skull King likes this.
  18. Skull King

Skull King Crew

You did a great job on this @Bear!

Bear likes this.
  19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Thanks!

Skull King likes this.
  20. Skye

Skye Commodore

About outfits:
    Every pirate seems to have 6 unlockable outfits. These do not affect stats or abilities in any way, they are simply for customization and bragging rights. Some players said they wanted a way to customize their island for a bit of money, and this purely cosmetic feature seems perfect for those looking for a personal flair! If you don't care about aesthetics or completionism, they won't seem worth it to you, but to us fashionistas of the high seas, they are a welcome treat!

There seems to be one common outfit purchasable for gold (2-2.5m approx), one common outfit purchasable for grog (2-2.5m approx), one common outfit purchasable for EP (100,000EP), one uncommon outfit purchasable for gems (200-400 approx?) and one rare outfit purchasable for gems (500-750 approx?) The sixth outfit is probably going to be purchasable with BP, but I haven't seen any yet to get a price on.

A common outfit has a normal background, an uncommon outfit has a green background, and a rare outfit has a blue background.

All outfits have a chance of dropping in a chest.

Hopefully we can get a list of outfits/costs for each pirate going, @SpongeCake seemed interested in helping with making one!

SpongeCake likes this.