Rumble Fair Play - Name and Shame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LYM, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Crew

T Beard, I wanted to add that I agree with your second point, that it's up to Midoki to make the appropriate changes to pit "skill vs skill." However, I have to say that gems don't taste good, they have no flavor at all; salty biscuits are the best.

2. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

what's not said is the Massive gemming of attacks used against us. the Mini was used just to nullify the on player using excessive gems. We fight as a team. We love a good fair rumble.
    we fight to win. And yes I am Enuthral.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  3. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

You in LS? Awesome. I will tell you we had a blast in the rumbles with you. They have been intense. I'll check with the Captain. But I don't think you beat us 3 times boy'o

The main problem with the minis is we didn't want to have them. we just hit other guilds using them. So some were made. we have all levels of PHS And As aside, the Minis don't affect our rank. If they were high level they wouldn't be Minis.

Now ppl will whine about oh the mini was beating us booooo hoooo. what they don't say is that a PH9 gets 70 attacks in in only 5 hrs!!! I've seen it. How do you combat that? there isn't any way. so you drag out the mini and match his scores effectively eliminating him or her out of the rumble. the the rest of the guild has a fair chance of combatting each other. we have had rumbles where the mini wasn't dragged out. and we've lost a couple. so anytime you come up against us if you wanna spend the rent money on gems go ahead, but in the end you are wasting your money.

I also forgot to tell you, that the "minis" in our guild are active low level players who fight like crazy. there are no wasted spaces. Those who don't rumble don't last. the Cap'n don't care what level you are its all about the participation and effort.

I'll Pass on from our guild OH Canada, give us a fair hard rumble and we will fight right to the end. and even if we don't win and it's close we will enjoy it.

MorganFlint and roguecylon like this.
  4. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

You haven't been in our guild have you? Loaded with Gems? LOL... Not a chance.

5. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

And if you were going to compare apples to oranges. Why didn't you post your own top three scores?

6. Fishbone1!

Fishbone1! Powder Monkey

Enuthral likes this.
  7. Fishbone1!

Fishbone1! Powder Monkey

Are you for real? For one check your stats whiner! You split us 1-1! Sounds like the big dogs that spend their rent money on gemms to say they are better pirates need a tissue. Although within the game rules and in Midoki's best intrest, you got no problem buying a reputation! Little guys with heart are not allowed?

T******e Beard and Enuthral like this.
  8. Fishbone1!

Fishbone1! Powder Monkey

Define unfair advantage? You mean only using advantages that are in Midoki's best intrest? You place your pirates face to face with others and no gemms and you will see there are a lot of other small guilds with big hearts. Don't hide behind your wallet and your ability to post garbage about others. Spend your time posting CHEATS and HACKS and spend less time whipping your tears with others reputations. Use a tissue not this forum to wipe up your tears.

T******e Beard likes this.
  9. yeti

yeti Captain

They have been...

This whole thread is a hot mess...hopefully someone comes along to clean it up soon

Mr. Brown and awbo like this.
  10. Fishbone1!

Fishbone1! Powder Monkey

Ok check your stats roguecylon, last i check you monkeys only rumbled us twice and we split it. So when heart and determination outlast your deep pockets you call foul? What's out of bounds here? Following the rules? Or only ones that line Midoki's pockets? As long as you have ph 9's making 1000's of bp on credit people with true determination and heart will always be trying to take you and others down. You and the rest of the winners can eat your gemms, choke on your credit cards, and lie in waste if you want to go 50/50.

T******e Beard likes this.
  11. hankemeng

hankemeng Powder Monkey

I fully support @Enuthral and @Fishbone1!
    A few thoughts based on the posts:

1. Please define "minis". Aren't they just active players with less-than-average PH level? You think they are purposefully manipulating the game? Please describe in detail how? Don't they do usual attacks like you all do? Can you swear you don't use gems to speed things up? Is it not fair that he gets the BP he deserves?

2. Is the game against devoted players who are willing to make sacrifices? Are there any laws against hiring all PH levels players? If not, then how do you reach the conclusion of "shame"? You are angry only because you lose to a more active guild with a lower ranking! The same happened to us weeks ago. But the difference is that we learned from our rival and formed a new strategy for our guild, instead of depreciating and blaming the failure on others.

3. You despise guilds that use minis, right? Why? Because you think they are taking advantages of you! But if your guild had a really devoted player with a low PH, I doubt if you are going to say no to him. You said you are never ever gonna use minis? Then fine, you are giving up a fair-game strategy allowed by Midoki.

4. About playing fair. Fairness should be maintained by the game developer. And you cannot blame a fair-game strategy on players. Can you swear you never formed any strategy based on the rules, or exploit any weakness in the game? If so, do you consider that unfair to others? Talking about unfairness, I believe using gems or even real money is unfair itself, but still all of us are doing. To be honest, I personally prefer a CoC style guild war. But if Midoki is setting the rules for us to fight with quantity instead of quality, then we'd better think of better tactic to go with it, or just quit the game!

Enough said. You have the right to be angry or suggest to Midoki. Just don't insult people or guilds. We all play by rules! And we respect all our rivals.

Willard and T******e Beard like this.
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ Fishbone. Please double check. Laughing Skulls has never lost to anyone. Post any screenshots you have that indicate otherwise. I can post the screenshots of both times Laughing Skulls has rumbled against Oh, Canada and won. We actually enjoy our rumbles with your guild. You guys put up a decent fight, and keep us on our toes.

13. Spot on Mr. Brown.

This is exactly what we all want to see. Minis not making a difference and no use for gems to increase your odds in war. It is frustrating for us too.

Your island is looking good :D

LYM likes this.
  14. LYM

LYM Captain

Shameful Comments @Scallywag Derek It would seem you have the mind of a 9 year old if you don't get it. But its simple, there are a few guilds exploiting the games, surely you don't agree that a PH2 can 100% a PH3 base and score the same as a PH8/9 doing the same against PH8/9 bases.

Are you suggesting your guild also does not play fair.

15. Ian

Ian Commodore

I can speak for Red Flag Fleet (primary guild) that we don't use or allow mini's. And also, hats off to @LYM and the Atlantic Outlaws, currently in a clean and enjoyable rumble with no reports yet of any mini's or excessive hemming from any guild.

LYM and T******e Beard like this.
  16. The point is gemming is not playing fair, allowing low level players to join your guild if they like to rumble is allowed. If you think throwing real money in to seal the win is fair then we think our low level members deserve to be able to rumble too. Your suggestions to the contrary are tantamount to discrimination and Midoki need to be very careful with how they deal with this issue.

All those complaining about low level players beating them, unable to keep up with gems, do you honestly think those players enjoyed it in their previous guilds getting matched with gem guilds in the rumbles? Now there is a way for them to compete against the gem lords. Get over it, buy more gems, pay for the game please.

Willard, Shakesbeard and hankemeng like this.
  17. LYM

LYM Captain

just wish we had a full squad, i think rff will take tgis ine but we we have to schedule are match

18. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

I guess it all comes down to what you think is shameful. There is nothing wrong with gemming, or having a low level base, or any combination of the above.

On top of that...it is a game about pirates!! Pillage and loot and take advantage, it's what we should be doing right? If you see a legal way to take an advantage then of course it's fine to do it. But I too don't like when a guild of ph9's put in mini bases.

In saying that, I don't see how an established top guild can fit minis into their guild anyway. If you have 50 ph8's or 9's that are active...why would you want minis just to win an occasional rumble?
    You will win 90% of them with your regular crew anyway.

But let's just accept what's legal and not...just because you don't agree with it doesn't give you the right to "shame" people. What if I don't agree with mines being put next to distilleries? Should I name and shame the bases that do since I decided what is right and wrong?

And before you jump on my post...we don't do minis in our guild and yes we lose rumbles sometimes because of it...for shame!

Maybe we should just all relax a bit...oh, and put our storages outside our walls between the hours of 2pm and 3pm each day.
    (Really you should all try that and pm me when you do) ;)

All I'm really saying is let's keep the forum informative instead of hateful yo o_O

19. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Fishbone1!

Here's my pics of our rumbles. Please post yours where you claim it shows Oh, Canada beating Laughing Skulls. Never happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rob(SHADOWDRAGON) and LYM like this.
  20. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 hear hear - I completely agree with your whole post @# Johnny Doe # ESPECIALLY the last sentence.

I'm not keen on excessive 'gemming' or 'minis' - but both are legitimate tactics (until Midoki makes changes) therefore EVERYONE choose how you want your guilds to play but stop criticising others - after all it is a game! (It's supposed to be fun!) ;)

Willard, MorganFlint and Cocobean like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.