Rumble Fair Play - Name and Shame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LYM, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Doe,

Look at the #1 Guild, there is space for low level players to join your guild and still retain a high global ranking. If you look at the way the percentage of BPs are used to calculate your overall rank it really doesn't cause a considerable issue.

Johnny you raised some good points. All we are trying to achieve is to encourage Midoki to produce a fair system of GvG war. If we can do this by reducing gem spending then we have achieved our goal. New updates and store filling are where Midoki as a company should be earning their money not rumbles which are supposed to be based on skill.

Fight for changes, not each other!

Shakesbeard likes this.
  2. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

to get away from the Shame bit.... @Spongee Thanks, we enjoyed the rumbles as well. there are times we wished there was a Rumble tavern chat for all the guilds in the rumble. we always have good time in Rumble and appreciate those who fight just as hard as we do. As for screen shots of the wins and Losses. I don't believe the Cap'n keeps any.

Rob(SHADOWDRAGON) and roguecylon like this.
  3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I have said this several times already but will continue to repeat. Midoki has stated rumbles are the first of several planned GvG competitions. It only makes sense that a company would release the revenue generating competitions before the less revenue generating ones. A company will never reduce a revenue producing component of a game if it continues to produce revenue. We can only hope that our concerns about the unfair advantage gems provides to some guilds will help to convince Midoki that future GvG competitions should be less gem dependent. As Midoki seems to possess the knowledge of what makes a game appeal to the greatest majority of players, I would have to believe they will add a less gem dependent competition to appeal to the many players who are frustrated with the current rumble format.

T******e Beard and dragon's lair like this.
  4. Fil

Fil Captain

As an aside, did you know that you cannot type the word pussycat in game chat? Interesting considering what you can type.

Sorry for the interruption, please continue

5. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Checking stats now... Yep even with your minis.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LYM likes this.
  6. dragon's lair

dragon's lair Powder Monkey

Donations were: donated = 0/ received = 207 with time left on timer!

Captain Hakjka likes this.
  7. dragon's lair

Donations were: Donated = 9 / Received = 60 - with time left on timer!

8. dragon's lair

Donations were: Donated = 15 / Received = 377 - with time still on the timer!

9. dragon's lair

Indeed the mini's were out the starting blocks from the get go.

10. RumDaddy

RumDaddy Crew

So you drag out the active, fight like crazy, low level players when other guilds gem? Am I understanding that correctly?

11. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Powder Monkey

Could somebody explain to a novice like me how the mini scheme works? I gather that a mini is a low lvl PH, but I just cannot see how it can win the fights against the high lvl pirates. Its pirates cannot be trained very much, and the guild shop cannot contain more than 6 high lvl pirates: hardly enough to win a fight.

So how do you do it?

12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Basically low lvl gets same BP for 3* an equivalent as high lvl does (ph2 v ph2 / ph8 v ph8)
    However ph2 only takes a few mins to get a full tavern - whereas ph8 full tavern takes about 1 hr.
    Also 6 ph 8 gunners can easily take down a ph2 (so mini can get 3* using only guild ship donations).

13. RumDaddy

RumDaddy Crew

Experienced players create new islands and pick on new players who don't have clue what they're doing. And since they're attacking islands with the same or slightly higher PH's they get high BP's.

14. Personally, gems speed up attacks and are part of the game (stupid that is how rumbles work, but midoki HAS said rumbles are separate from guild wars and guild wars are coming). Mini bases to load up on BP are NOT how it is meant to be and you are taking advantage of something that will be corrected shortly. So, gems = legit, minis = abusing the system until it gets corrected.

What will you do when it's corrected? Kick out the mini bases? It doesn't seem worth winning a rumble to have bases in your guild that you would otherwise not have. But again, the loot is insignificant for the most part. Any guild that rumbles with minis would not get the satisfaction of our best rumble efforts.

I would rather keep our guild as a top guild and let our skills show up when guild wars arrives, where neither cheap strategy of minis or deep pockets of gems have any impact.

Mr. Brown likes this.
  15. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Never whined at all mate. Just stated that whether we like it or not, there will be guilds that use minis. We take them on and try to nullify their stats. Yes it costs us gems, no we don't like to spend those hard earned gems, but until Midoki fixes that flaw we will have to. We are indeed unbeaten in Rumbles, maybe that will last, maybe it won't. But no guild will have an easy time.

As far as gemming, well we love a fight and Midoki made this the system of rumbles. I'd be just as happy with a different system, so long as it took effort and some skill to win. Game already has too much luck and bugs as it is. I'm a strategy player and prefer to win on skill. At the same time I gem to battle more, not gain any advantage. Asking someone to not gem when there are no check and balances on such, is like asking someone to only race in third gear, but having no monitoring of car performance.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    MorganFlint and Enuthral like this.
  16. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Maybe my remark was being a little sarcastic. as I am one of those low level players. yes They can be use that way but all of our players are active members of the guild and have to participate in EVERY rumble or get kicked. What I was trying to get across is that there are some, not all players who will gem so many attacks that there really isn't anyway to catch them without pulling the credit card our as in the case of myself and the other lower players filling taverns as fast as possible and attacking as much as We can just to negate that gemming as the rest of my guild keeps slugging away. Yes the Winning is fun,but in the end you only get 30 to 35 gems and 1 million gold and grog each on average. why spend 200 or 300 gems to get 30? You could buy what you get from the rumble cheaper.

now if it's for bragging right well I guess that's okay, but our attitude is get in there rumble as hard as you can and Enjoy yourself.

There really isn't any enjoyment in watching someone gem attacks so they get a monstrous lead that means you have to do the same thing, or just not bother.....

One of our best Rumbles is where we lost, YES LOST.... It was a slugfest right to the end. the scores were so close everyone was in fighting, we lost by I think 15 BP. that's what I think the Rumbles should be. maybe that's what @Lynsey [Midoki] and the rest of the team at Midoki wanted to happen.

So if you want to go that way, well that's a choice your guild will have to make I would say concentrate on getting all of your guild in fighting. It's actually more fun

ENU....

hankemeng and T******e Beard like this.
  17. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Well yes this show two scores of you beating us. basically Double the scores with similarly Ranked Pirates in the same amount of time. It does make for a lousy rumble btw I'll just leave it at that.

18. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

@Enuthral honestly we get stuck in, it's hard for us to put on the brakes, only the acceleration. Some members have to make a grade to get First Mate, or even to get a spot in the guild. And then there are personal goals, and the desire to gain grog. Those battles are more reflective of gaining grog for maxing bases than actually competing. We have only had a couple of competitive rumbles recently. I can't control the other guild not turning up to rumble, as was the case there.

Enuthral likes this.
  19. Woohooo, more whine here than Ernest & Julio Gallos cellars.

20. Yogi Beard

Yogi Beard Powder Monkey

I do not know why you are singling out PeckerBeard. If you will bother checking that profile, he has been pirating for only 20 days. Get your facts straight.
    PS - you can hate all you want, but we found a fair antidote to out of control gem spenders. Live with it and stop whining!

T******e Beard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.