Share Something Positive for the Day...Quotes, Poems, Thoughts or any Musings that Suit your Fancy!

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Tiger Lilly, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is." -Ernest Hemingway

Scarlet Fever and Liquidjade like this.
  2. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"There is nothing we can say or do to change another person. People will change only when they are ready. The only people we have the power to change are ourselves. When we change ourselves, however, we often find that the change we desired in others happens as well." -Taro Gold

3. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@ElFrenetico...sorry I'm not sure I understand what is 42?:rolleyes:

5. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"Both water and oil become round in a round glass and square in a square one. Water and oil have no shape in and of themselves. The same is true of good and evil. Good and evil actions may take the same shape, yet the wise can perceive the difference." -Taro Gold

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

7. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

As in, the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. It's also positive. :)

I won't spoil the story by revealing the ultimate question.

8. Ian

Ian Commodore

For those still pondering the meaning of 42

And if you thought this game and upgrading walls was a grind, finding the ultimate question puts things into perspective :rolleyes:

9. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

@Sea Patriot you need to visit BTG's ! The conversations you and Tiger Lilly could have! Love all the above even @peg brain bob' s Monty Python!

10. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"There is always a piece of fortune in misfortune." -Japanese Proverb ;)

11. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton :)

12. Liquidjade

Liquidjade Crew

Love this thread <3:)

My contribution:

“There is freedom waiting for you,
    On the breezes of the sky,
    And you ask "What if I fall?"
    Oh but my darling,
    What if you fly?”

~ Erin Hanson

13. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Liquidjade...thank you very much!!:) Really the credit should go to @Sea Patriot for suggesting the creation of positive blog/thread for everyone to enjoy!!!;) @Liquidjade...btw, love your banner!!!:p

14. Liquidjade

Liquidjade Crew

It is a great idea and with all the contributions made my morning. Much appreciated!

LOL , the banner is just a bit of fur and fun Thank You @Tiger Lilly ;)

Scarlet Fever and Tiger Lilly like this.
  15. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I'm very humbled, and thank you

16. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." ~Jacques Yves Cousteau ;)

17. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

18. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"Life is short, eat dessert first...worry about the rest later!" -Tiger Lilly;)

19. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

I really like this thread, so I thought I'd add a quote from a favourite author...'Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have to dry.- Terry Pratchett:D

20. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Aww, one of my two favorites too! Belongs right up there with 42, and the world would have been better off with both of them around for another few decades.

Another nice Pratchett one:
    "It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done."