Share Something Positive for the Day...Quotes, Poems, Thoughts or any Musings that Suit your Fancy!

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Tiger Lilly, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

I totally agree with you there @ElFrenetico ...when I was looking at quotes this morning I was undecided between the quote I posted and the one you posted, funny how it works somedays:D

ElFrenetico and Tiger Lilly like this.
  2. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"Nothing exists entirely alone; everything exists in relation to everything else. Where there is light, there is shadow; where there is birth, there is death; where there is open, there is closed; where there is one, there is other. By the same reasoning, where there is sadness, there is joy; where there is delusion, there is enlightenment." ~Taro Gold :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Scarlet Fever likes this.
  3. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@Scarlet Fever @ElFrenetico I completely agree that Pratchett's ability to continue his amazing wit & sarcasm across his entire series was utterly phenomenal. :)

However if we are to reduce all authors to just a single quote... imho one author stands above all others for having the wit to use a truly fantastic debunk as their opening line...

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

I speak (of course) of Jane Austen (Pride & Prejudice) :)

4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"I never came upon any of my discoveries through rational thinking." ~Albert Einstein ;)

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

When people tell me "You're going to regret that in the morning," I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver. :D

6. Jackal

Jackal Crew

Never pee with the door open, it totally freaks out the other drivers on the interstate.

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  7. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"The heart of a man is
    very much like the sea,

it has its storms, it
    it has its tides

and in its depths it
    has pearls too.

~Vincent Van Gogh

8. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"It was at home I learned the little I know. Schools always appeared to me like a prison, and never could I make up my mind to stay there, not even for four hours a day, when the sunshine was inviting, the sea smooth, and when it was joy to run about the cliffs in the free air, or to paddle in the water." ~ Claude Monet

9. Floki

Floki Captain

She yells and jumps about quite flustered and just ever so slightly scary.....
    We all need this passion in our lives who wants to live without passion?

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  10. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I've taken the theme of this thread and utilized it to streamline a series of positive thoughts on my Facebook feed. I've replaced politics with positive thinking and the total atmosphere has changed.... so far.... thanks @Tiger Lilly !

Seawitch likes this.
  12. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Sea Patriot... thank you so much, I feel very honored! Sometimes I think we all get caught up in the negative aspects in life. Positive thought can be a very strong influence on your mind, body and soul but only if you choose to let go of the negativity. Seeing the glass as half full instead of half empty is a phrase I often whisper to myself when I'm in doubt.:)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  13. Scarlet Fever

Scarlet Fever First Mate

Definitely one of the best opening lines there @peg-brain bob:) ...interesting idea to say something about an author in one quote. Here's something from PG Wodehouse; (Jeeves and Wooster) “It is no use telling me that there are bad aunts and good aunts. At the core, they are all alike. Sooner or later, out pops the cloven hoof.”:D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    peg-brain bob and Tiger Lilly like this.
  14. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Decisions you make that eliminate stressors are sometimes the toughest ones

Scarlet Fever and Tiger Lilly like this.
  15. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"The fool who who knows he is a fool is for that very reason wise. The fool who thinks himself wise is the greatest fool of all." ~Shakyamuni ;)

peg-brain bob likes this.
  16. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I think this is positive... :confused:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. TERRY PRATCHETT :D

Tiger Lilly and Scarlet Fever like this.
  17. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

"Because this is what I believe-that second chances are stronger than secrets. You can let secrets go. But a second chance? You don't let let that pass you by." ~Daisy Whitney:)

18. Floki

Floki Captain

I once was a wear wolf but I'm alright nowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwlllllllllll

Tiger Lilly and Scarlet Fever like this.
  19. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

From my never ending quest for positive phrases or musings, I happened upon this quote. I think it sums up and applies to everyday life perfectly!;)

"Out of clutter, find simplicity.
    From discord, find harmony.
    In the middle of difficultly lies opportunity." ~Albert Einstein

20. Ian

Ian Commodore

"If your the smartest person in the room.. then your in the wrong room!" Anon

The same could be said for guilds in this Game. As Captain, if I feel members plateau in their learning; I encourage them to visit other guilds to learn from the best and to come back when they are ready and pass on this knowledge.