So what are the "Guild Events"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately we spotted an issue with the Plunder Time FAQ and translations, so we've had to postpone rolling it out until we can get that sorted. We switched to the guild version of Thunderstruck as it's still a battle based event, as it's a) still a guild event, and b) still a battle based event.

They're still quite different! Thunderstruck has the storms, which change island layouts, increase the power of defences and Sky Raiders, and alters the amounts of Tokens. Plunder Time has Event Tokens that are still heavily weighted towards the amount of loot plundered, only now it also takes into account skill.

peg-brain bob and Intimidator like this.
  2. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Thunderstruck is clearly something that required some development work with the scheduled environmental changes. I don't like it because I cannot see anything in the dark color scheme but I guess some others do. I have no idea how it will translate to a guild wide scoring event well, but we are going to find out.

Plunder Time also does not appear to have been much of an effort and I have no idea how the new "must win for tokens" change is going to work. Must Win for Tokens and guild event scoring sounds like a pain, but we shall see.

Boggs' is my favorite, but clearly passive in nature. It would have been nice if more work was done on this event with some map changes or temporary quests like we had before with seasonal pirates. (remember searching for Junks when Ching came for Chinese New Year?) Only a full active guild can complete this as a guild event it seems.

What most of my discussion group wanted was not these combined scoring guild events. We wanted a guild wars challenge where a group of our players could opt in (10-20 of us) and battle a group of another guild's players with some kind of restrictions and not gem-to-win rules like the current rumbles. Maybe we will get that some day. It would be nice to know it was actually something being worked on.

3. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

The rewards for the guild version of Thunderstruck are really good and we can definitely finish this event as a team after doing some calculations. We have a full guild with a mixture of maxed and minis. Shame you had to swap the original event but better than a broken event. I appreciate the updates and looking forward to many more :)

4. 10Atious

10Atious Crew

Thanks for a positive comment Dutchie. Lovely to read things that aren't full of constant complaining.

Dog Breath, Dutchie, Cocobean and 4 others like this.
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

I enjoy playing this gem of a game, nearly 3 damn years...lol. Makes it even better when you're playing with a great bunch of people... I've been lucky in that aspect and it makes it all the more enjoyable.

6. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Throwing out the idea for guild size adjustments again.
    I see DoA absorbed another guild and finished.
    Likewise Pegleg Squad joined another larger guild and will make it farther than our small hard rumblin' guild would have otherwise. We'll be back to our original guild soon. Also looks like the DoA merger resulted in the unintential (?) loss of Cracking Skulls for the moment.
    While it is nice to visit other guilds, I hope some 'adjustments' happen before the next guild event. For those who comment about not winning every time, no one's asking for freebies, just to make it 'possible' rather than 'impossible' for a highly active smaller guild.

Cap'n Flyht likes this.
  7. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

I have to say as a former member of Cracking Skulls, it was a fun filled event! Initially we at CS had our "big brother" guildies from DoA (formerly Banging Skulls) visit us to help us rumble. Which worked out FANTASTIC, from my point of view! Then when thunderstruck came along, had a "think tank" session, and CS members went to DoA. It was VERY action packed. We (as a complete unit) were able to complete the entire event in about 4 days. We rumbled those days as well. I do GREATLY appreciate the assistance from EVERYONE that took part of this "family reunion sorta speak" Lol! We have decided to keep the family together as well. I see a BIG opportunity for everyone to progress (me) as time permits. Happy plunderinnn'

8. Dutchie

Dutchie First Mate

To complete the Thunderstruck Guild Event, guild size is dependent on how many tokens people can score over the 7 days. The average number of tokens per person for a full guild with 50 players is 36,000. This goes up to 40,000 with only 45 guild members... so it really depends on what players can achieve during the 7 days and whether they can attain the average. A high level PH will score much quicker than a low level PH, so to accommodate that. For example if half the players in the guild are low PH, then their average should be 22,000 and for high PH it should be 50,000 to balance out the scorIng rate... you could even throw in a third average for really low PH levels, so that everyone has a reasonable target in order to complete the event. Time to dust off those Excel skills of yours ;)

P.S. Cracking Skulls joined DoA for this event and due to various non-event circumstances, we have invited CS players to stay permanently if they are able to commit to our high standards, but of course adjusted based on their PH level... we enjoyed the event immensely and only lost 1 rumble out of 4 to complete the event. Russia are a hard guild to beat as they have some top players, but it can be done as we have proved in the past, however always a good battle... respect!

9. Woo hoo, event finished. We at Bloodhound Gang joined forces with Ukraine for this event and had a lot of fun on the way. Great event and can't wait for the next collaboration between the 2 guilds.

Dutchie likes this.