Streaks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fil, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

The end of game cash grab continues.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

And how do you do that exactly? Sit & watch the screen for 45 minutes, getting 2 battles ever hour & half? It's gonna take a long time building a streak that way. Touching it every minute so you aren't logged out. But oh we can speed it up with gems, which means getting a streak of 20 will cost 280 gems to get there, or will that be reduced? By how much? 30%, 40%, 50%?

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

It might improve ux if you start a countdown at the end of each battle, and let players take a phone call or something while things rebuild, and then they just have to make the next battle before that countdown expires. I already ignore my friends enough as it is :p

But if you're gemming a chunk of walls back to back, this will certainly help. And wall farming is definitely the most tedious, long, monotonous part of the game, so if this lets us farm walls even 10% faster (loot bonuses, faster battles from increased stats) that will shave off hours and hours of effort.

Any hint at what the milestones might be? You can probably reach a streak of 5-7 just off the gems from a rumble reward, so free players can at least get a little bit of bonus!

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

The problem is it completely excludes the free players, I think it's a very stupid idea.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Free players still get gems! Rumble rewards and sailing provides plenty :) They won't get as much as paying players, but they'll get something. Not completely excluded, they just probably have to save up for a couple days if they want a fairly long streak.

6. yeti

yeti Captain

Free players don't win rumbles. This game, while not technically pay to play, has very clearly moved quickly to pay to participate. Gemming troops for quicker battles wins rumbles, gemming chests gets materials to upgrade LPs, and now gemming troops will get you streaks. The setup for streaks is blatantly geared to softly force gemming, there are no ifs or buts about it. I appreciate people are trying to put a positive spin and combat the negativity, but all it's doing is putting lipstick on a pig.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  7. Fil

Fil Captain

Not to point out the insanely obvious but you folks do realize that Midoki wants to make money right?

If any of you think thats wrong, please come over to my house tomorrow to help me rake leaves and wash my truck....for free of course.

I think streaks likely will be disappointing but everyone should accept that virtually every decision Midoki or any other company makes is made to make money...ijs

# Johnny Doe # and Skye like this.
  8. yeti

yeti Captain

Ofcourse they want to make money, but they should take a leaf out of other games that do it successfully, retaining player numbers and sentiment. What probably should be high volume, low margin is now, desperately, low volume high margin, and im sure it won't prove sustainable in the long run. Games like these need the free players to build up the player base as much as they need the payers...

9. Fil

Fil Captain

Very nicely put

10. So if you are on a streak you cannot:

• Change the combination of your troops between attacks
    • Request refills of your guild ship
    • Go to the toilet (don't want to know those of you taking your device with you )
    • Have a cup of tea, coffee, eat, nip out for a smoke, ring your mother
    Anything else I missed?

Oh And gemming practically mandatory unless you tap your screen unfailingly for half an hour or more, like to see anyone pull that off more than twice.

Doesn't sound like much fun, and fun is what this is all about yes?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Bl00dBaTh and Darth Yoda like this.
  11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

The removed fun a few updates ago. Replaced with the Giant Gem Suck. Waiting for one last update for the fun to come back but I'm not expecting it will.
    Streaks? No. Not a chance.

Superenigmatix likes this.
  12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I assume streaks are to reward players that already use this style of play (and encourage others to use it - i.e. revenue generating). I agree it doesn't look very freeplay friendly, but why shouldn't Midoki offer rewards to players who are willing to support the game.

Plenty of players on this forum criticised their decision to 'fix' the 4/6 min gem bug - they are merely providing an extra incentive to gem recruitment!

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes it seems like these are major problems, I just hope we can actually do some of the things you mentioned, like refill our GS, when I hit max bases I need my GS due to the way I have my crew set up, I need those Gunners. Plus different bases require different troops, not being able to alter our crew will be a nuisance, although most of the time I do keep the same crew so it won't affect me too much.

14. I
    I doubt anyone plays this new streak style at present without doing at least one of the four bullet pointed items. As for buying gems - well not at the laughable pricing here in NZ

centricORCHID likes this.
  15. John56

John56 First Mate

You forgot not being able to chat with your Guildmates while streaking...

centricORCHID likes this.
  16. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Unless i missed it, didnt say you had to win battles just not quit them. If thats the case can hire 70 gunners and continuously farm for 315s few gunners at a time.

17. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

An
    and what happens if you are streaking and lose connection. Are you just out of luck?

18. bucket

bucket First Mate

I think the streaks will best work in rumbles if you get paired of with guilds that have small islands. You can build you streaks up with them and then use the good bonuses, like increased loot or damage on the higher level bases and you will not have to gem that much at all. Also I don't think you have to three star a base so assemble your troop roster so that it can collect loot and get a one star everytime and if you lucky three star the base. I have found out that a group of 7 to 8 brutes and the rest gunners work pretty well at taking resources and can win most battles with a gem cost of just 7 or 8 and a recruitment time of under 25 minutes.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

If you suddenly lose connection or there's server downtime due to maintenance, you will given the option to resume the streak on re-entering the game.

20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

You have to win a battle to get a reward, but we seem to get the other bonuses like additional ability cooldown etc. by actually doing the streak.