The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

And that there will be some guild enhancements. which I'm probably most excited about!

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

@Chris [Midoki] will the updated guild stats, or however that is being updated, contain backdated information or will the clocks start at the update's launch?

3. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

This hasn't been decided yet as we're still looking into it's structure and UI layout. Not sure where people got the idea that it was coming in this update, and sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but it isn't.

4. SH302

SH302 Crew

So how much each player contributed to the guild perk funds is not going to be displayed? I was under the impression that that would be included in this next update

5. i think this will be a blessing and a curse. it is good to recognize those who are consistently contributing to the funding of guild perks. however, in my guild the perks are funded in under 30 minutes so it is going to be more of an indication of who is online at that point each day. i think this might introduce some unwarranted stress into guilds since there will be people who would love to contribute but just don't often get the chance due ot the timing of the funding. making it difficult to tell the difference between a deadbeat who ignores the funding when given the opportunity and someone who would fund but just doesn't get the chance since those are two very different guild mates who may statistically look similar.

6. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

I would have to agree. Tracking donations would b more of a nuisance. Donation is pretty much based on timing. In Sinister Souls, it's a race to see who can mash the donate button the fastest. Often times completing funding in under 3 seconds XD lol. Also, how would the different perk levels b accounted for? Would it track the total donation amounts or the number of times u donated? If it did amounts then people with the highest lvl buildings would have the most by far. Lvl 1 blacksmith 5k, lvl 2 40k, ect. Then on the other hand if it tracked the number of times donated then lower lvls would b easier since they cost so much less. There is just no good way to track donations. I think instead, something like individuals pvp battles should b tracked. IMO that would b a better way of judging clan contributions. Contributions of activity.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Dang. I was hoping for a way to monitor last active date, so I could kick out those who are inactive

8. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Hopefully, once iOS 8.1 gets released in a few hours they will start kicking out the apps.

9. Kit

Kit First Mate

In a few hours? I'm installing it right now. :)

10. And i'm just sitting here with my iPhone 4..

11. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Yea my phone is done...iPad next once I attack someone...

Kit likes this.
  12. Kit

Kit First Mate

Aaww, Fishy, you need a hug? Or, you know, a new phone? :D

13. December = iPhone 6 month for me!

Kit likes this.
  14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, my service provider upgraded me to the 5s....so...2 years until Gangrene's next upgrade

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  15. My mom is upgrading me to the 6.. (joke it's actually my girlfriend, well that gives me the permission (by her grace) to purchase (from my own money (that cost me a lot of effort (and sweat))) the new iPhone 6)

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Strangely this makes perfect sense.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd be willing to run through a major city wearing plunder pirates underwear for the last active date on each player. I spent a few hours over the last week checking out 20 suspect players, and recording stats about their town status. I ended up booting 10 of them. It's likely the last 10 are also inactive, but since i can't be sure, there they sit in the roster.

Also, if the update wait is driving you crazy. Think of the Android players. All they have to look forward to is "Sometime in 2015" . And the PC players, who have nothing to look forward to :(

18. My dad was killed by a hype train. :( r.i.p.

halloween_lol

19. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

He got in the hype train's way!
    [​IMG]

20. Thomas the train turned gangster lol ...epic gif