The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. +1
    I made a 100% raid on a PH8, and for some reason the replay shows 89% when I shared it to my guild, thus making my intended huge loot raid much less intriguing to everyone else while I know I obviously took everything down, and the in game attack record also shows 100%. Makes me question how replays works, are they recorded or simply replayed based on troop placement and defense placement, and the actual battle visually wasn't recorded but re-played literally? I think so.

2. Android eh? I can finally use this game on my phone! :D I'll tell the other 80% of my friends using android phones about midoki's wonderful game. :p

Tex likes this.
  3. Tex

Tex Commodore

@Honestbob456 that is a fricking cool avatar.
    If we were playing Mob Wars I imagine that would be their Heavy Gunner. :D

Honestbob456 likes this.
  4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It's been posted maaaaany times here in these forums. :) Replays are generated after each battle. They only track where and when each troop was dropped, and when each of their skills are used. All the rest is left up to the troop AI. So in replays, troops don't always take the same paths, or attack the same structures, and more importantly, they don't always die at the same place and time as the real battle. Each minor error makes the replay diverge from the actual battle. Enough of them, and you get a totally different outcome.

Honestbob456 likes this.
  5. Tex

Tex Commodore

I imagine that is part of the frustration. If you understand the AI perfectly and deploy troops flawlessly,
    it may or may not grant you a victory.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Woot woot!

9. titelheld

titelheld Powder Monkey

what could it be? new pirates??

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Maybe some kind of new quests or ''missions'' you can do in-game? Like a ''game within the game''

11. darylboggs

darylboggs Powder Monkey

I'm betting the errands will be integrated into the map, making more use of it, having to sail to different locations, or go after certain creatures.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Of you read the board it has things like "bomb a base" I wonder if you will have cool quests like win an attack with just bombers or something like that.

darylboggs likes this.
  13. BILLYBARU

BILLYBARU Crew

Well, good things come to those who, Wait what's the rest of it.;)

14. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

The new errands are massively underwhelming!

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Props to whoever wrote all the titles and descriptions for the Errands, they did a hell of a job there. Nicely done!

Not so much to whoever thought that 400 gold/grog errands were a good idea :)

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

*Slips Kelani a tenner under the table*

17. Shrink

Shrink Powder Monkey

:eek:

Hey Kel, I'll tell ya, that really won't do you much good over in the states. So, if you want to throw that my way... :rolleyes:

Kelani likes this.
  18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

lol:D

anyways, i kinda expected something different, but I do like the errands. I guess the reward will be greater and greater the more I progress and complete the missions. Cant say no to free BP.

Cocobean and *Cap'n Sparkle* like this.
  19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

20. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

''Coming soon - Lets get ready to Rumble!

Have you ever wondered just how good your Guild is? The leaderboard is one thing, but how about in direct competition with another Guild?
    With Guild Rumbles, now you can find out! 5 Guilds pitted against each other in a race to win the most BP in PvP combat is the name of the game. How committed are you?

Coming soon in the next update!''

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.