The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. TBird

TBird Captain

Hmmmmm....
    I'm thinking the top 5 guilds on the leaderboard right now would be a good matcho_O

Can't wait.... Feels like Christmas
    That is if Christmas is 88 degrees and 90% humidity

cmooneey likes this.
  2. TBird

TBird Captain

With a giant crab claw and a flame thrower would be very nice!!!

Tex likes this.
  3. TBird

TBird Captain

Ahhhhh, just caught the 24 hours, how about 3-4 days?
    If it happens during a busy work or family day, totally miss it.
    3-4 days gives everyone an opportunity to join in
    My 2 cents (and about all it's worth) :rolleyes:

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I gotta disagree with you here, Tim. :) Multi-day wars would be pretty boring for the majority of daily players who aren't busy and get all their attacks in on the first day :) In Clash, these wars last 48 hours (24 for prep, 24 for war), and that fast pace keeps them exciting. Sometimes, it's pretty obvious at the beginning who's going to win, so it's bad enough to get matched up against a guild you have ZERO hope of beating, but to drag that out for multiple days just seems like it'd be excruciating. Additionally, the wars are about rewards, so the more wars, the better :) Keep in mind I'm a chess player so I LOVE slower-paced stuff. In this case, though, I think a slower pace wouldn't work so well.

Clash has a nice feature that lets members opt out of the wars, if they don't want to participate, or won't be available for it. I hope we have something like this here.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I agree with you about the time frame.

But I don't think the rumble needs an opt out option because it seems like once the guild is entered then someone not wanting to rush attacks could still attack like normal. Any Bp would help.

6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Update coming today! they just announced it on FB, bringing back the hype!

Cocobean likes this.
  7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Midoki is playing cruel and inhumane jokes on us. It appeared maintenance was over, and I was directed by the app to go to Apple store to download update. When I got there, no update. Went back to PP and was still maintenance in progress. But in the background I heard what appeared to be the sound of laughter, in a voice that sounded strangely similar to that of Lynsey's. :D

Becker Redbeard and BigBarnacles like this.
  8. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

It's an actual feature! The laughter is live streamed straight from Lynsey's room of laughter! :p

9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Can't! Wait! Ahhh!

10. TBird

TBird Captain

>>>Added Maldives Flag<<<

About time!!!!!
    Been waiting 8 months for that o_O

Good job guys!!!
    Can't wait for rumbles

PlunderPirate likes this.
  11. very nice update! Better than COCs guild war for sure

TBird likes this.
  12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Never played CoC is this really better than theirs?
    If so I'm feeling pretty letdown.
    Kinda like the Pacquaio vs Mayweather fight.
    Just can't live up to the hype.

13. yeti

yeti Captain

No, it's apples and oranges, they're nothing alike. I prefer CoC purely because you can't gem the win through sheer volume of attacks or picking on easy targets etc, it actually takes a little strategy and skill

Tex likes this.
  14. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed that it is apples to oranges . I wish we could at least get a confirmation that a there will be a type of guild war where guilds are actually pitted against each other. Before we get our hopes up... Again...

15. aaaaalan

aaaaalan Powder Monkey

The rule of the rumble need to be improved actually. A PH3 player can get 1000+bp easily without spending any gem, which is quite difficult for the active high level PH players. It encourages us to create new accounts in order to defeat those low level PH players. : (

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

I boubt they can get 1000 bp without gems, unless they are a bot that plays for the whole 24h.

17. aaaaalan

aaaaalan Powder Monkey

Unfortunately they really can. In the last ramble a player who earn 1000+bp in the last 12h and defeat all the other teams. What's more, he reach 500+bp within 3h or less. I have checked his base he was in PH1 - 3. Do you think such a guy will spend or need to spend gems to train his pirates?

18. 500 BP within 3 hours is near impossible for every PH unless you are only hitting smal islands without mortars. But for that you need to be low rank. And PH doesnt really matter that much.

War Koala likes this.
  19. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

That would be nice, except our first couple of rumbles included all other guilds being over 5000 rank points below us. That would really classify as a major mismatch no? First one I can understand with little to match, but matching us with guilds that are 5-6000 rank points below us, and their best players being nowhere close to our level.