Title changed because mod says it didn't add value to the forum...Now called, Important Forum Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J0ck0, Mar 31, 2015.

1. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

this is my 85th post, and while i know how unimportant reaching any number of posts on a forum is, it seems fitting that i join the self-aggrandizement movement set forth on this forum by the many forum hogs/complainers who set themselves apart from the common folk like me. at the risk of another ban, i shall commence with the greatness that is my 85th post:
    1. forum moderators here are terrible. banning is illogical and unevenly distributed.
    2. just as there is on many forums, too many people have a ridiculously high-level view of themselves in relation to the grand scheme of things. normally this wouldn't matter, but their self-importance has been not only catered to by Midoki (see number 1 above), but it has resulted in drastic changes to the economy and defensive/offensive gameplay. as a reminder, there are over 5 MILLION PEOPLE playing this game. even if all registered members of the forum were in agreement, they would make up less than one percent of those playing the game. midoki, do you really wish to cater your game to less than 1 percent of 1 percent of 1 percent of those playing? think long and hard before you pull the trigger on any future changes that stem from a forum suggestion.
    3. anybody posting a thought that runs counter to the forum hogs is lambasted and ridiculed, and then banned by the mods when sharing even-handed, comparable responses to said ridicule. counter ideas are shouted down, called dumb, or illicit personal attacks.
    4. the hogs think that their ethics or chosen method of playing the game should be everyone's. don't tell me or anyone else that using a second or teammate's account to drop PR while raising another teammate's PR is cheating. it isn't in any sense of the word. you may not like it, but it is playing within the confines/rules of the game as it is set out today. don't like it? then don't do it. it's like the steroid users in baseball. sure they hit all those homeruns, but everyone knows that their results were tainted so no one really considers their records valid. same goes for PR leaders who so clearly boost. i personally don't care because it doesn't affect how i play the game.
    5. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck. replays suck.
    6. did i mention that replays suck.
    7. at this moment (and prior to Ching), defenses are too strong. say what you will about these games, but they are not designed with defense in mind. if they were, then the focus would be more on defending your base (i.e., realtime defending, accurate replays, etc.). these games are based on offense...attacking...pure and simple. because defense is so lopsided, it has created a ripple effect in the games economy. there is no loot available at high PR levels. it takes 400 to 500k in loot to be successful in attacking a base at high PR. there are VERY FEW, IF ANY, bases with that much grog available to steal in an attack. based on past history with games like this, i anticipate an update that will swing the game back to offense (prolly with Heroes based on Midoki's insistence that Ching will be back with some Heroic Friends). both offense and defense boosts are part of the ebb and flow and natural progression of the game. i hate it, but continue to suffer through it because, like any addiction, the good times are worth the pain.
    8. because this game is focused on offense, expect to get hit and have your loot taken AT ANY LEVEL. it is normal in life for predators to seek out the weak for their feeding. don't be surprised if you are a lower level player who gets wiped out by a high level player looking for a good payout. it's the nature of the game, and any attempt to change that will dramatically effect the economy of the game (and has).
    9. play the game. that's it. just play the game the way you want to. stop worrying about how i play it. stop worrying about how other people play it. just enjoy the game. talk about the things you like or don't. accept that others will feel differently. it doesn't make them wrong or you right.
    10. bring on the wars. i have a bit of payback to unleash on a few hogs...
    11. lastly, i truly don't care enough about this forum (or the hogs in it) to create another account to post while i was banned. get over yourselves. you aren't that important.
    as always, everything said above was IMHO and with all due respect which means i can say whatever i want. "It's in the Geneva Conventions, look it up!"

AngryBeard likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Congratulations on your 85th post! Good news is you can can only go up from here.. :p

J0ck0 likes this.
  3. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

thank you, sir or maam (no assumptions on gender, race, creed, or religion on my part). gotta celebrate the little things in life.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

1. I disagree. Banning has been exceedingly restrained here, even where it was completely justified..
    2. Everybody here has an opinion. Most everybody shares them. Just because an old-timer posts one doesn't mean they feel it carries more weight than anyone else's.
    3-4. The opinions of a few people aren't necessarily the opinions of everyone. Just because someone slams you for your comments, doesn't mean everyone agrees. I've read all your posts, and IMO, the issues most people had had little to do with your ideas, rather, it was your antagonistic delivery method that pissed them off. Also, IMO rank boosting is one of those issues that nobody's going to ever agree on. It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about it. If Midoki doesn't want it to occur, they will take steps to discourage it, which they are.
    5. I completely agree.
    6. You did, :) and I still agree.
    7. I agree. At first, I thought perhaps the bases seemed unusually hard because we'd gotten too used to Ching Shih. It's pretty clear that wasn't the case. And like you said, the loot problem is ever-present, and it's making things extremely difficult.
    8. I agree to an extent. However the game was imbalanced in that nearly everyone who wasn't pushing was clustered down with the new players, picking them clean way more than they could handle. When I was at Ph4-6, I'd get hit maybe 1-2x a day. Lately, even with top-notch bases PH4-6 guys in my guild were getting hit 3-8x a day. They could not advance, they'd get frustrated and quit. Something had to be done there. I wish it had taken the form of loot incentives/bonuses for ranking up, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.
    9. I agree
    10. I agree, and I want to see some payback unleashed on a few trolls.
    11. No comment.

5. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Want to chose a more meaningful title? This one doesn't add any value to the forum and it's discussions.

You really can't. Sorry, houserules!

Skye likes this.
  6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Just two questions. Why were you banned? And what was the original thread title?

7. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

i have no idea why i was banned. i was told for repeated warnings, but Chris could only tell me of one warning that i had received...the day i was banned.

i believe the thread that may have led to my banning was entitled "i quit", where i stated that i was going to quit because i was displeased with the replays. many of the forum hogs seized the opportunity to provoke and deride my decision, and i responded in kind. i received a ban. they did not.

8. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Well said Jocko.

J0ck0 likes this.
  9. Well said Kelani, as usual. You always take your time to type a correct response. I often don't have the patience for it.
    I have to say I agree with you, well at #5 my opinion differs a little bit, but I believe both @J0ck0 and me know that. Although it would be very nice to know they are 100% accurate.

Kelani likes this.
  10. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

11. Tex

Tex Commodore

Said the forum troll.

12. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

reported

Tex likes this.
  13. In fact I did both.
    Why?
    Well first I want to let him know that his thread has been moved, and give the reason for that.
    Second I want to let the people reading that thread to know to why it has been moved.
    I don't care what you think of me, but I don't post to get a high post-counter. I don't know what your grudge is about, but i'm not the enemy.
    And hey! If you think I should do things differently, by all means send me a PM instead of posting it here. Or is it just to get your post count up?
    IMHO

Christy and Kelani like this.
  14. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

i'm sorry if you took offense, but it wasn't directed at you since you are a forum security guard. it was your "job" to correct information/posts in that post.

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

This little diddy is dedicated to you @iDiPSkoal aka @GeNeTiiX or whatever
    the heck you go by these days. May your Legacy last forever. :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  16. Floki

Floki Captain

It cant be trolling if it is accurate now can it?

17. Floki

Floki Captain

Obviously your all about smoothing things out?? Talking and discussing without being provocative....

18. Floki

Floki Captain

You know what let me blow you a kiss...Someone needs a hug and a nappy change come here little fella....Oh douche bag is considered an insult of the nature of personal just incase you did not quite understand.....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Christy likes this.
  19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I feel your pain. But try this aspirin . . .
    [​IMG]

20. Floki

Floki Captain

That's fine and agree generally shows lack of personal power.....But there should be no need to have to ignore or use such a button...