Title changed because mod says it didn't add value to the forum...Now called, Important Forum Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J0ck0, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Enlightening would be the phpBB community's response to your theory. Let us know how that goes.

2. SaK

SaK First Mate

lol...WOWwwwww....!!!

VERY HAPPY to see that im not only the victim of the mods, few days back when i was totally against some issues and shouted alot in the forum...my account also got slowed down!

i thought maybe my wifi or computer prob; but guess what NO! when i used another account, it was working fine on the same wifi, same computer!

i wrote in the forum that " i got midoki hammer" and @Kelani or @Lynsey [Midoki] said: its impossible to slow down an individuals account...i believed and kept quiet...but after reading ur post the case has opened again in my court! i doubt "why its happening only with those who generally cant stay quiet if they see something wrong and voice out their opinion...and maybe sometimes against midoki and mods!(another reason for my absence from the forum;if its a trick then i must say midoki or mods have succeeded)

hhmmm....fishy

i hope my account doesnt again go slow! fingers crossed!

J0ck0 likes this.
  3. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

Last word

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

IIRC, the problem went away for you shortly thereafter.

http://www.phpbb.com Go ask the people who make this forum software if this is possible. We'll wait.

5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Just a suggestion @Kelani - I am not taking sides and you know I am no enemy of yours but your post that this thread started off mocking? Please try to consider the advice you offered there, and apply it here. No reason to keep feeding fuel into the fire.

The claims of throttled forum bandwidth do seem silly, however it is technically feasible without needing phpBB to support it. For one, phpBB has plugins that do many things, for another it would be possible via web server configuration regardless of the software running the forum. Technically, it is quite plausible. I doubt it's very likely, but continuing to argue about it isn't helping the forum atmosphere overall which your other thread seemed to value at length.

Let's all give one another a little benefit of the doubt and *try* to accept one another and get along, can we? We all just communicate differently but few people here qualify as "trolls" who intentionally try to stir up trouble. Some just have genuine feelings about certain matters and express them differently. I don't know, or care, what may have happened in the distant past that I never saw - what I see now is just childish bickering back and forth. Preaching taking the higher ground is good and well, but putting it into practice is even better, for everyone.

Bl00dBaTh and SaK like this.
  6. Floki

Floki Captain

Why would management even think of throttling....Possible but in forum world there is not plug in for this it would need to be made and that is time and money!
    I forum that is loosely modded like here would not bother with such.

7. BILLYBARU

BILLYBARU Crew

Dam. Sounds like we're at a tipping point. The game has Frankensteined out of control and we' ve got our torches ready to go.

Floki likes this.
  8. Floki

Floki Captain

They say we are only ever 3 square meals away from rioting in the streets...:D

Tex likes this.
  9. SaK

SaK First Mate

U have touched my feelings here...u made me emotional

Yes its true, how much people can go against my views, but i was true to myself because i loved this game till the recent patch and now PP had just become another COC for me... Only grinding and grinding and grinding!
    Loot is scarce and playing PP is monotonous nowadays.

J0ck0 likes this.
  10. Virus

Virus First Mate

Every game like this (either coc or pp or whatever) comes at a certain point that it is grinding. This happens when a new update comes and especially the new walls have to be plundered and these are soooooo expensive.

Thats why i welcome the thought of guild wars, pirate king etc. These change the game away from grinding.
    Next to that, player initiatives as the post of Arrr regarding the ranking push also takes the gane away from grinding

Just my two cents

Kelani, J0ck0, Christy and 2 others like this.
  11. I'm just here for my post count:D:D:D. But seriously is that a real issue in life? My concerns in life are greater than post count, but since this is the forum for the game I play, can someone explain how I have lost almost 200 points in a day? Why is it that my pirates (trained at the level 6 academy) seem so weak?

12. Virus

Virus First Mate

Not too difficult to lose 200 points a Day. Prob base is not hard enough and low players attack you which results in a significat pr loss.

As to your second question it is prob the other way arround. You attack good bases, than troops look indeed weak

13. Evil Rastlin

Evil Rastlin First Mate

Because they ARE weak, as you said you are only trained up to Academy 6. Time for you to get trained on Academy 7.

Salty Snack likes this.
  14. Academy 6 is weako_O

15. Weak base??? You cannot beat my base!!!:D

16. I hope they do come out with guild wars my guild is going to destroy RFF

17. Virus

Virus First Mate

Are you serious??? o_O

18. Virus

Virus First Mate

I hope so too. And soon i hope! You just deserved my prime attention in guild wars ;)

Ian, Floki and Christy like this.
  19. Floki

Floki Captain

Who are you anyway?

20. Christy

Christy Commodore

Troll

Floki likes this.