Tortuga Nest: Top 100! (#20 atm) The guild your mama warned you about. [Feb 19: SPOTS OPEN

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Kelani, Oct 23, 2014.

1. locomoco

locomoco Powder Monkey

Congrats on the Rumble win. We fought long and hard and it just wasn't enough.

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@locomoco Yes you did. :) You guys definitely gave us a run for our money. And with only 32 members, too. Nice job!

Shonda La likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

May 27 Update: We've set a rumble schedule! Going to do them every four days. Next up will be announced in the MOTD once the current one begins :)

Next Rumble: Saturday, May 30 at 1PM EDT (5PM GMT)

On an unrelated note, we're FULL. :( However, a life of piracy isn't a long-term career for some people, so If you reeeeally want to join, PM Kelani, and we'll talk

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

May 30 Update: Rumble started today at 1PM EDT!

next Rumble: Wednesday, June 3. Start time TBA (please PM me feedback if the current rumble's start time wasn't great for you)

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

May 31 Update: Congrats to the nest on second place in a hard-fought rumble. All who showed up to the party did a great job. Next rumble is Weds June 3 at 1-2PM EDT (5-6PM GMT). Start time subject to change, depending on member feedback.

On an unrelated note: We have ONE SPOT OPEN! :)

If you are a PH7-8 and want to snatch it up and join a respected, active, and super-friendly guild, please read our rules in post #1 of this thread, and send a join request, or PM me for priority service :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  6. awbo

awbo Captain

He means Rumble 3rd June :) Great guild by the way, super helpful, active chat, a really nice group of people. About a million % better than my old guild!

Kelani likes this.
  7. Rachael

Rachael Crew

June 10th Update: Our current rumble schedule looks like its going to be Mondays and Thursdays at 1-2PM EDT (5-6 GMT). Keep kicking behind everyone! You are all doing an awesome job :)

Unrelated Note: We now have two, yes TWO SPOTS OPEN! If you are a PH7/PH8 send a request now or PM @Kelani for concierge service.

Come join us for free COOKIES and COFFEE. :eek:

Kelani likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

June 11 Update: Rumble today has been delayed until 4PM EDT (9PM GMT)

On an unrelated note: We now have THREE spots open! Wanna join? Read the first post in this thread, and if we sound like a good fit, send a join request, or PM me for priority service :)

9. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Congratulations on the rumble win TN!! Awesome job everyone.

Unrelated Note: We now have TWO spots open!! Make sure to read the first post in the thread for the important stuff, and if you like free cookies, cats, and coffee send in your request! :p

10. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

You technically don't need to like cats. :)

Kelani and Rachael like this.
  11. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

But it helps.

Kelani and Rachael like this.
  12. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

That's debatable. :)

Kelani likes this.
  13. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Hmm. At least @Kelani likes cats...

Kelani likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I like MY cat bc he chose me to be his human. The others are a bunch of little yowly fur monsters. :p

War Koala likes this.
  15. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Fur monsters who try to kill me.

16. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Aww, my cats wouldn't try to kill you. They'd just run and hide.

17. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Congrats to the crew on an awesome rumble win! Black flag comp put up a good showing, with their captain getting an impressive 1008 bp! Also, a special shout out to @Kelani and boomhower for impressive PRs! #proudcaptain #ladiesincharge

Next rumble: tonight! Same bat time, same bat channel!

Kelani likes this.
  18. Fang

Fang First Mate

Hello,

You probably have seen some of my posts around here on the forums. :) I am interested in joining your crew. I am a very active player in game and in chat. I haven't been playing the game very long (50 days), but have made excellent progress so far (just upgraded to PH7, maxed PH6 defenses, lv 19 gunners) I gem for fun, or when I am feeling ultra competitive, or when I want to farm and make a big push for upgrades.

Overall, I am a friendly helpful person, so I predictably give more than I take (1500 donated to 500 requested in my current guild). Rumbles are a favorite of mine. I typically score in the top 5 on any rumble in my current guild. I believe working as a team gets the best results.

Here is a screenshot of my stats:

[​IMG]

As far as why I am leaving the Dead man's Chest? Well, there are some amazing members there, and I have grown quite fond of them. It is very difficult for me to leave.

However, I just don't see anything changing to create an active and thriving place like you all have. We have at best 8-10 members who chat, and less who make a serious effort in rumbles. Typically only a few of us pull the weight in rumbles, outscoring our other members by 10x or more.

Donations are always great, but again its because of these top 10 members. We have a lot of dead weight and it does get frustrating.

I have played a few other games like this (CoC, Boom Beach, etc but like Plunder Pirates the best) and I have made the "commitment" in the past to stick with a half-active guild because a liked several of the members, and then i spend my remaining time playing the game, and encouraging growth and activity in chat, hoping our guild will get better, trying to keep good people, etc etc...for years, and the results are predictable.

So I have decided to be proactive this time and make the switch before it becomes too difficult to. I am loyal and want to find a good home to support for the long haul.

Please let me know. Thanks.

ps. I have 3 awesome cats... :)

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hi @Fang We'd love to have you! I'll send you a PM in a few minutes :)

20. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Happy to report that Tortuga Nest is now full with the addition of our newest member, @Fang!