Upcoming Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Tottok

Tottok Crew

I
    I find the new defences stylelish and more in theme than being even more golden, thow the canon and mortar looks more badass than bunker and GP

2. I gave up on Jeanne de Berry... She is just an oversized Bucaneer with kinda lame stats/ability compared to the other legendaries. In my fantasy, I thought she would stealth/increase speed of commanded pirates. I was so wrong :(.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Caesar is probably the BEST LP on Defense. He isn't amazing on offense, but let him defend your fort and he really shines. HP buff to any defense anywhere on the island means your ship gains potentially 5k extra HP, even if its nowhere near the fort, plus a ton of extra hp to bunkers.

Ching is the only one I'd consider a worthy contender for best defense pirate, but I'd rather the HP everywhere than the damage everywhere, since it doesn't require ship to be in range for that massive hp buff.

The bright color is good for visual contrast. It will help you spot high value defenses much quicker, since they will stick out. The Ground Pounder and Bunker, which appear to be the pink defenses, are the most critical buildings to spot when planning an attack. Finding them faster will greatly improve your ability to formulate an attack strategy in the 30 seconds you are given, especially given that right now they are green and camouflage with their surroundings. This pink is probably the most visually contrasting color against the green grass that we have, due to it being not only an opposite color, but extremely saturated. It may not be aesthetic, but its sure as hell useful, like painting a bright bullseye right on them.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  4. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm sure we would all agree with the ease of spotting this color, but why would we want to make it easier for the attackers ? Let's think about this for a moment...

We pay for the upgrade in order to gain a few more hit points, etc., but also make it easier for attackers to spot and with any luck avoid/destroy quicker.

Good grief :confused:o_O

TiGeR

5. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

Me thinks you just like the pink.

6. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I actually like the pink. I mean, don't hate on it. As the game progresses, they're going to go though a variety of colour themes. And pink was coming with the ship, so this isn't anything new. I think the pink looks really nice, but that is only my opinion. I mean, a colour shouldn't be something to depress over, so I don't know why we are. Sadly, it may cut the excitement of the update for some, but I am still very hyped! Cheers!

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

And Pink or not, the pink is technically the dead corpses of sea wyrms! What could possibly be more brutal than hanging out carcasses all over your island?

If it helps, you can think of the pink, instead of as pink, as if they were white, but they were stained by blood when you cut them up to turn them into defenses, and when they blood was wiped off, red stains + white bones = pink!

Lynsey [Midoki] likes this.
  8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

By the way, pink isnt that bad...

9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I like the color as well, but prefer it in the form of clothing on the GF :p

I seem to recall seeing some popcorn that color as well.:D

TiGeR

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Uhhh ya, I'm sure any max LP would be nice and now for the rest of us on planet earth we need to keep slogging away trying to get to level 12 or thereabouts.

Cpt.Chinchilla likes this.
  11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Yep. Mack at L14... groan...

12. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

The pink ship was bad enough so I'm not a fan of the pink defences especially the walls. It doesn't make me want to grind for the top walls like before because they look ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
  13. Tottok

Tottok Crew

can someone post a pic with new wals?

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

Upgrade/stats info page (1.7m/1.8m upgrade cost)
    [​IMG]

As posts:
    [​IMG]

Connected:
    [​IMG]

End pieces:
    [​IMG]

Middle pieces:
    [​IMG]

They look AWESOME as end pieces and middle pieces for sure.

Skillzone10, Compton and HornyQuokka like this.
  15. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Ok, I see where we are heading now. @Lynsey [Midoki] are you responsible for this o_O?

If so please send me a pair of pink undies for the GF and I'll forgive you :rolleyes:

In all honesty tho I'm really liking the update. Loads of cool toys and plenty of room to spend our plundered loot. Good job on all the work :)

TiGeR

Compton likes this.
  16. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

Does anyone know if the GP update still has the long and short range feature? @Lynsey [Midoki]

17. Tottok

Tottok Crew

Awesome,, still waiting for the walls that doesnt let gunners shoot throw

18. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Yikes, that would be scary and would put a lot of need for bombers to actually do their job correctly in targeting walls.

19. Tottok

Tottok Crew

I know,, but a limit of 40 tall wals that block gunners will be great

20. I think the pink is to please and attract new female players. I didn't like the pink ship at first but now I'm just not bothered by it, after all, it's only a colour.