Upcoming Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John56, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Yeah great for your defence, but what about when your struggling to defeat bases as your gunners have to go all the way round! Swings in roundabouts.

2. Tottok

Tottok Crew

Gunners should act as they act now,, going to destroy whatever they want but insteed have to destroy the walls that are in front insteed of going round

3. So they take the bombers job away from them then?

4. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Seriously folks? The name of the game is PLUNDER Pirates, not Sit Your Butt On The Wall Pirates. I am looking forward to wrecking havoc with Sadie.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Bombers should behave much better with their new skill at PH10 that increases wall damage by 180%, it makes it significantly better to damage a wall than walk around it, especially if you've already pre-weakened it with Kaboom. If a wall has been kaboomed, a bomber will almost always go through it, no matter how thick it is, if it is around the same upgrade level as the wall. Obviously a PH8 bomber isn't going to fare well against PH10 walls, but if they're maxed for PH10, they will do fine.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I just recently got my bombers to max level damage (before update that is) and they are better than before on maxed walls but certainly not great. Even after Kaboom they still go lollygagging around the edges looking for an easier entrance, ala the flame gate / Ground Pounder entrance annnnnnd DEAD, thanks you little ********.

Now with these new training upgrades, I hope they focus more on killing walls, but then again you have to factor in yet another two more levels of walls and we are back to where we were before.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
  7. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

The key, I have found, is to clear out the entire side before sending in bombers. Then they tend to track straight to the wall, although it's not perfect.

8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Yes and to have some buildings on the other side of the wall for them to target which does work just not all that great.

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

The new wall levels add very little HP (7300 HP max over 6500 HP max), but the 180% extra wall damage should help a lot.

850arrr likes this.
  10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I'm liking what you're saying :D

11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

To be fair the old wall max was 6400 not 6500. Another +100 , Gamechanger. :D;)

[​IMG]

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yes they were 6400! Must have misremembered!

13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Aha....so maybe you're not superhuman after all :D

14. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Just saw this base with already maxed out walls. Must have cost way over 200k gems to buy all the gold with gems. Crazy. 1.5k+ real cash.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Holy **** balls!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
  16. Skye

Skye Commodore

ya thats skull island

17. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Question of the day, why didn t he used gems to instant upgrade the new defense too?! Well i have a hunch. :rolleyes:

18. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Agree, why stop at just walls, might as well do the whole thing and really heat up that credit card.

19. Skye

Skye Commodore

I have a feeling its so he would still have at least something left to farm for. Still wanted to keep all his builders active I guess. Its possible he may buy the rest later though.

20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I like this post purely for the use of the term 'lollygagging'. Watch the language though! ;)

Not guilty! Those artists are a law unto themselves*. ;) We did want a good contrast between the defences though, so that it's easier to quickly identify objects.

Sadly our Plunder Pants (TM) are red, but we can try putting a pair through a hot wash repeatedly to make them fade! :D

* And also all men, for all of those of you accusing me of pinkifying the game - if I'd been responsible for the art, your bases would probably look like a late 1980s Iron Maiden stage set instead. ;)