Witch Doctor runs off...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BOomSt!cK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

Gunners do seem to be doing a lot worse lately. Honestly I have more gripes with that than any other unit :c

850arrr likes this.
  2. awbo

awbo Captain

850arrr likes this.
  3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Agreed on all counts. I don't understand Midoki's need to 'fix' something that isn't broken!

grahvity likes this.
  4. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Please explain this WD behavior to me . . .

160k grog wasted right there.

850arrr likes this.
  5. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

That one gunner looked lonely? Maybe?

Daddy P likes this.
  6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Well then you might as well say #$%#&^@! Midoki!

7. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

I had a pair that I swear were square dancing the other day, back and forth through a wall, no troops in the bubble...nada

Daddy P likes this.
  8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

For some reason my WD's don't like going thru diagonal holes in walls either. I've seen it a lot of times too.

9. awbo

awbo Captain

How can Midoki possibly think this is good AI, or an improvement over what we had. I'm sick of it.

roguecylon likes this.
  10. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Maybe Midoki thought the WD was OP and decided that it was best to nerf the poor guy.

11. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I went from using 1 and leveling maxed bases (there was no use in using multiple wds in most cases). At 120k, who wanted to use multiple ones anyway? But I understand the developers all use multiple wds and so the new ai worked for them when tested. Well I have started using two, and they are still maddening but results have improved a lot. But I don't see having to use multiple over 1 as being an "improvement." But then I still get crazy results like the video above where two wds leave the middle of a base and run up the side to God knows where, only to be plucked off by defenses cause they have no shield troops. If they are drawn to hit points, that replay makes absolutely no sense.

awbo and 850arrr like this.
  12. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

I've noticed this a lot recently. I carefully breach those corner walls, plenty of targets are now exposed as the closest targets, the Bombers pour through, a group of gunners comes through, and then the next group of gunners walk right past as does the WD and juggs. They literally hug the breach but continue to walk miles down the wall. Only my loyal HG hangs on.

I could understand if there was closer targets. But I already expended plenty of troops clearing the end of the walls to avoid further troops going in that direction.

The regression in so called AI is pretty much the final straw for me. I like games that involve an element of strategy, and skill to gain an advantage. Not luck and hope. I've probably voiced my concern about the issues with this game more than most. Pointless doing more.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    850arrr likes this.
  13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Yep yep and more yep, my guild mates and me are in the same boat er pirate ship as well.

14. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen, so so horrible, it's so bad it's laughable haha

15. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

So what is happening? Has there been any word from Midoki about the WD? Because I'm getting sick to death of his AI, it's just rubbish. I want some sort of a reply from them, it's not a lot to ask to be informed on what's happening, it'll only take one minute for them to give us a reply. His AI needs to be changed because it's just laughable, it's so bad it's funny.
    I was forced to completely change my whole attack style, dropping Juggs & Brutes from my crew & adding Skellies instead, my new crew costs over 350k now & when spending over 80k on the WD you expect him to be of some use, not constantly changing his mind on who he is protecting, then getting wiped out while he jogs back & forth like a complete idiot, a headless chicken.

850arrr likes this.
  16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I want answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (In a big baby voice) NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

850arrr likes this.
  17. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Lol, I'm with you too.

18. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

"we're always trying to make sure that each troop type is behaving as expected and is balanced, and making improvements when we can. Obviously issues can arise if the developers are using a particular troop in a different manner to many of the players (we all use one WD to protect Juggs and Brutes, and then send in a second with damage dealers)! We're currently are looking at a compromise with the WD AI that will allow him to be less Juggfocused when working as a one WD protection team."

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  19. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Well as developers does it really cost them anything to use two WDS???? so basically if I've been reading this right the WD AI was changed to suit the developers style of attack??? as someone who came into the game just before the WD screw up. the way you read the description of the various troops there isn't any suggestion to protect the juggs and brute. It says they handle damage and deflect it from the attackers. the WD is suppose to protect his comrades. the simple idea then inferred is you want him To protect the weaker. You get the brutes way before the WD. So what do you do? You make more to protect the attackers. and the brutes ability is to distract the defenses right? So when you get the WD, you get less Brutes more attackers then WD then is going to protect the weaker. Attacking troops. that ain't game theory BS, it's what people get from how the game progresses. the simple damn thing to do is get rid of your last tweek and reset to the old AI, and put up with the occasional lone gunner chase. then figure out how,to avoid the lone gunner chase.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    850arrr likes this.
  20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

It's pure crazy to have a WD protect a brute and or jugg. What are these developers on??? Oh, let's use two WD's they say, pffft the WD is no cheap recruit devs, get with all the players here and revert the AI already.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.