Witch Doctor runs off...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BOomSt!cK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

this still make the assumption that the WD was change to suit the developers way of playing. We have to adjust to a new way, not the way we learned how to play with the initial way the WD was set up. It still smacks as you are all dumb and we are all smart. so you have to listen to us.

Bou Regreg likes this.
  2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea to that guy using 3 or more WD, just start using Skellywags instead of Juggs & Brutes, don't use any of them at all. I actually like my new crew of 26 Skellywags, 16 Guns, 16 Bombers, 1 Witch Doc, 2 HG'ers (usually I only use 1 & keep the second just in case) & then 10 Gunners in my Guild Ship. That setup can 3 star maxed PH 9's no problem.
    I still hate the new WD AI but at least he is workable with this setup, he does change his mind a lot with this bigger crew but he mostly covers the best part of the crew during battles, I refuse to use any more than 1 WD in my crew, my 1 WD setup has always worked for me, I see many replays of people using 3-4 WD in battles, all because they don't deploy him right, they drop him in the thick of battle straight away & gets wiped out straight away. Use your head when using the WD.

What I do is drop Gunners to clear out buildings, I then drop usually 2 Skellies to distract fire while my Bombers get through the walls, usually all 16 Bombers will get killed shortly after breaching the walls, I then drop the rest of my Skellies, hitting their Marrow shield just as they start taking fire, I then drop whatever Guns I have left along with GS Guns & 1 HG'er, then WD, by the time he has gotten in a lot of defences are down & I can raise the 16 dead Gunners at the breached wall, then I can raise dead Skellies once I'm inside a short while later, Skellies being raised as normal Skellies is also great.

850arrr, awbo and Skye like this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, we're in regular guilds, and if we want gems, we have to buy them like everybody else. For me as a designer, it's important to play the game as intended, with no dev shortcuts - I miss my millions of gems, but I miss the ability to give myself BP more! Ruddy tight-fisted Bigger Fish... *grumble*

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Do the people in those guilds know who you are? Know that you're a Dev?

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Nope! We generally try to keep pretty low key, so that people act naturally, plus it shields any guild that we join from accusations of favouritism or cheating. As far as I'm aware, only one of us has been busted by their guild. ;)

Bl00dBaTh, c00ni, Ian and 2 others like this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

Was it you? It was you wasn't it!

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Not yet!* As I'm fond of posting...

[​IMG]

* If they have figured it out, they've not said anything!

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

Quick, everyone accuse all your guild members of being Lynsey!

awbo and peg-brain bob like this.
  9. Yeah how did you get all your data? EH? You must be lynsey :D

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

But so much of my data is wrongggg*!
    Maybe its you Fish! You just happen to conspicuously show up to divert attention from finding her identity!

*inaccurate and speculative

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

I'm Spartacus!

Bear likes this.
  12. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Ok... LOL and what guild??

13. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

They're actually easy to spot :p

14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

You're Lynsey! - your signature says so ;)

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

To make it clear before poor, random, innocent folk get accused - all Midoki devs that post on the forum have [Midoki] after their names, and certainly don't have the time or inclination to maintain secondary forum accounts, so none of the 'regular' forum posters are staff! However, we don't have 'Midoki' in our in-game names - if you see that, they're an imposter! ;)

Skye and Bear like this.
  16. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Spoilsport! :p randomly accusing is fun! - the more random the better ;)

Bou Regreg likes this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

What if you're randomly accusing to throw suspicion off yourself? HMMM?

peg-brain bob likes this.
  18. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

:eek: (my guild know from my epic fails that I'm far too useless to be a dev!) :D

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  19. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Ummm, you are so useless you MUST be a dev!!!

Need to add smiley faces....

peg-brain bob likes this.