Witch Doctor runs off...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BOomSt!cK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea, it makes no difference to the Devs if they use 2 or even more WD in their testing, I have always only used 1 WD, for as long as I've been playing that's what I've done. As it is now my full crew is costing 370k, adding a second would bring it past 450k, and because of the cost I'm struggling to make enough Grog to upgrade my troops, most times I'm lucky to make a profit of 100k per battle.
    Even after changing my whole crew my WD still behaves like a complete moron, running from one crew to another & getting hammered while he's at it, this constant recalculation is just a complete joke, a lot of the time I have no idea what the hell he's doing.

850arrr likes this.
  2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea of course they'd use 2 WD, it's not costing them anything, adding a second in my crew would end up costing me over 450k, I'd end up making no Grog at all, or nexting over 50 times before every battle. I just hope they do as they say & work out a fix, and ASAP.

850arrr likes this.
  3. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Hey! Even at PH5 and 3 WDs, this is NO USE. I used to deploy "squadrons" that worked with its own independent WD, but now, all have to be clumped together for the WD to even see that it's much much more worth protecting them that the lone Jug. And, let's not forget that as soon as some troops die he wanders on to god knows where and I have to use a 2nd WD. 3rd reserved for more backup if needed.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I've said it before and I'll say it again, using three WD's when one use to work just fine is not an improvement in AI.

Bl00dBaTh and # Johnny Doe # like this.
  5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Dude, I never said that the WD Al was good...

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I know you hate him too, I was just stating the obvious.

7. Ultimate Sea Dog

OK. The WD al is soooo bad that I cut from 4 to 3 WDs.

8. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Try cutting from three to zero.

awbo likes this.
  9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Just a quick tip, if you scrap your juggs for skellies, WD plays a bit nicer :)

850arrr likes this.
  10. Nayte

Nayte Powder Monkey

Because Skellies have the same defence as and can be used like a jugg :eek:

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just take your juggs and multiply by 3. That's how many skellies to use.

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

3 skellies have slightly less hp than one jugg, but the TG bonus is tripled which helps a lot, and Marrow Shield makes their effective hp more than one juggs hp. Plus they do considerably more average dps per slot.

Splash damage obviously hurts them more than juggs, but for any other defense, they will likely fair better because of their higher walking speed and larger damage, plus the lack of being stunned. Since you have three times as many they're more expendable and can be adapted to situations a lot easier. Wasting one skelly to distract a mortar for a while takes away from your main army's strength considerably less than using a jugg to do it, even if that skelly is getting killed faster.

I'm not saying its a perfect strategy but it is a viable option with some practice, and because each unit has much less individual hp and you're relying on the mass as a whole to have more hp, you can control the hp per group a little better and have a bit more control over your WD. The marrow shield makes much of the skellies effective hp invisible to the wd, since while it might only have 400 hp left, marrow shield makes it act like it has 600. The WD will calculate it as 400 when deciding where to go, but its soaking up much more damage than that :)

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  13. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

If the devs think that the WD works fine at the moment they have probably never made it past PR 150 and have unlimited gems.

14. That's a bit over the top ;)
    It's very much possible to reach a rank of 400 without a Witchdocter.

Ian likes this.
  15. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

But they prolly still have unlimited gems.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

You can make it to 400 with 0 gems and 0 WD. Easy. If you need the WD below 400 you need to improve your attack..

Ian likes this.
  17. Skye

Skye Commodore

Many Midoki staff have accounts off the development servers without unlimited gems.

WD is still very much usable if you adjust to his new behavior.

You can probably make it to the 500s without one. No current base REQUIRES one to 1*, although getting 3* on many would be difficult without it.

Ian likes this.
  18. Ian

Ian Commodore

19. I run in the 400 range and typically don't use the WD, only when trying to 3* for rumbles. Hard to move past 500 though.

Ian likes this.
  20. Oh and Midoki staff also have accounts on the live server, but without the unlimited gems. Right @Lynsey [Midoki] ?