New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

Our douche meters must be perfectly aligned. Haha

cmooneey, bucket, Fil and 2 others like this.
  2. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

I am almost about ready to quit. Storage is full of item i cannot use. which is surprising given the rubbish in the chests. Its past time this issue was sorted. it cannot be difficult to bring Ching or Blackbeard in as the weekly set LP. Surely...

3. Gantorak

Gantorak Powder Monkey

Well, I have her for two weeks, so congrats for reading my mind... All I wanted to say is that it's useless to moan day in and out.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  4. SaK

SaK First Mate

At last...Ching is here!
    But the upgrades are expensive...now somebody make a thread for crying about the upgrades. Pls!:rolleyes:

Fil likes this.
  5. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

2 star green kraken for Annabelle Masks. I just realized the 4 star green kraken and the oranges krakens don't actually show the mask as a reward even though her mask says kraken and mighty kraken. And I've never gotten a mask from a Merchant ship, but maybe I haven't found the more advanced ships yet, I'm only around 60% explored.

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

There's only 3 places on the map that pay out Masks, the 2 Star *Mighty Kraken* (Green), the 5 star *Kraken* (Orange) & the 4 Star Merchant Ship, the main problem is they very rarely actually give you Masks, by far the best one to hit is the easiest, the 2 Star *Mighty Kraken*, it actually pays out Masks, I hit the other two every day & might go three days without either paying out 1.

This is the most pointless part of the game, easy map targets pay, while hard targets don't, it makes no sense, I just finished a 13hr trip & got more items from my Crab & 2 Star Blue Fish (in the first 30min of voyage) than I got from my 5 Star Ghost Ship, 5 Star Kraken & 4 Star Merchant ship, all three of those spawn in the same area, top left of map. The payout system is a joke, it NEEDS to be fixed, and soon.

850arrr likes this.
  7. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Yeah, I've had good luck with the 2 star mighty kraken for Masks. Occasionally I get a chest and rarely I get no items.

8. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

The Law of Averages should eventually, over a LONG period of time, insure that everyone will have all the LPs. But, each player only has 52 tries per year to acquire a rare LP.

9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

OH COME ON!
    Just because YOU have Ching doesn't mean people can't moan about NOT getting Ching/BB.

I had a friend who got Ching the first week she was released. And he already had BB then.

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

OK, let me help those who need masks:
    There's always 1 Mighty Kraken on your map that pays out. Get 2 brutes and go fight it. Masks guaranteed!

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Those of you having trouble getting Voodoo masks will be pleased to learn that we're bumping up their drop rate (as well as tweaking rewards for the harder sea battles) in a future update.

Enuthral, John56, Booty isle and 9 others like this.
  12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

In a future update, not the next one?

13. Fil

Fil Captain

Don't rush them o_O

14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That's great because getting one piece of copper/800gold/500grog from a five star fish while loosing 30 pirates is absurd.

15. Tex

Tex Commodore

Fixing drop rates "in a future update" is pretty vague. We need compelling reasons to play now.

16. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Absurd? 30 pirates is the cost of trying your luck at an epic reward. Unfortunately, Lady Luck did not smile in your direction. If roaming the seas for materials was cheap and easy there would be no incentive for people to purchase chests. Not to mention that everyone would get what they wanted too quickly followed by screams for more content.

I find it absurd that there are so many people on the forums demanding instant gratification. Last I looked Plunder Pirates was not a drug....then again I could be wrong, addictions come in many forms.

peg-brain bob and Skillzone10 like this.
  17. Tex

Tex Commodore

Instant gratification? I've been playing over a year and the promises that kept me around haven't been filled by Midoki. I could get into all the shortcomings, but they've been sufficiently covered in other threads.

850arrr likes this.
  18. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Not only can I not get Ching on my main account here, but she taunts me everywhere I go. Take the kids to play miniature golf today, and who's name is featured on the course....

[​IMG]

19. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I'm almost certainly addicted ;) - however I agree that making demands rather than requests seems counter-productive.

The devs obviously have a creation schedule (and they have notified us of a requested change that they will be implementing) they are extremely unlikely to be able to implement it any faster just because someone demands it.

Also (since the devs are human beings) :eek: - they are likely to respond much more favourably to requests than to demands. If/when they don't respond I think it is safe to assume it is because either (1) they have no current plans to implement the requested feature, or (2) they are unable to provide a timescale due to external factors (e.g. Apple release process).

20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I've been sailing non stop since the LP's came out and I don't have any of them about lvl 9. Yes it is absurd when you set sail for 24hrs day in and day out and get jack squat....lady luck my butt!

I would be more than happy if the reward balance was more in tune with the hours spent sailing and attacking high level monsters/ships.

Tex and Bl00dBaTh like this.